Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360) $12.99 on Amazon

Is this worth getting? I've finished the first PS2 Prince and loved it, started Warrior Within but couldn't make it far in it without getting annoyed at all the ridiculous changes, and never tried Two Thrones. What I saw of the reboot (The cel-shaded one) was interesting, but also tedious and simple.

Would I like this based on this info?

Got this from Gamefly back on a 9.99 sale.

not worth it imo. never played a PoP game so i couldnt compare for you but the gameplay is mash mash mash hold button to run on wall climb drop down. eh fairly mindless gameplay

Not sure if the game is worth getting now in regards to patches but I had pronlems with it when it first came out. Before I quit it, it froze on me and upon reloading my save, everything powers/xp I amassed was erased. I was basically 3/4ths done with the game with abilities like I had just started it. It was bs so I said f'k it and returned it.

Good luck

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Is this worth getting? I've finished the first PS2 Prince and loved it, started Warrior Within but couldn't make it far in it without getting annoyed at all the ridiculous changes, and never tried Two Thrones. What I saw of the reboot (The cel-shaded one) was interesting, but also tedious and simple.

Would I like this based on this info?[/QUOTE]

I think you'll like it. The characters and story are nothing great, but the gameplay is exceptional. Both the combat and platforming are easily the best in the series, and the game ramps up the challenge perfectly, eventually allowing you to make incredibly fun strings of acrobatic moves. As for the other games, I also hated Warrior Within, but I loved Two Thrones and definitely recommend playing it. In terms of gameplay, I'd put it second to Forgotten Sands, and it has almost as much charm as the first game. Also, it ties in beautifully with the first game and provides a great conclusion to the original trilogy.

I've liked what I've played of TFS so far. It's done by a different team, and I don't like some of their control changes, but otherwise it's a solid addition to the PoP series.

Personally, Warrior Within's changes were silly as hell, but the game itself blows Sands of Time out of the water. Better platforming, better combat. It's just a hell of a ride. Two Thrones is also a worthy successor to that pedigree.

The PoP reboot is good fun but, yeah, it's a little tedious after a while.

I just got this from the blockbuster 2 for 1 for under 14.99 deal. After trying it out yesterday, it feels like more of the same so far, which I actually like. I played all of the POPs, except for the first one on ps2. This one feels like the POP reboot, but it lacks some of the moves so far.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Is this worth getting? I've finished the first PS2 Prince and loved it, started Warrior Within but couldn't make it far in it without getting annoyed at all the ridiculous changes, and never tried Two Thrones. What I saw of the reboot (The cel-shaded one) was interesting, but also tedious and simple.

Would I like this based on this info?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. It feels a lot like Warrior Within. But the platforming and puzzles have incredible depth and quality, so you may enjoy it.

This game has been 9.99 at Gamefly with free shipping several times over the past months, so I wouldn't necessarily consider this a good deal.

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']This game has been 9.99 at Gamefly with free shipping several times over the past months, so I wouldn't necessarily consider this a good deal.[/QUOTE]
used

This was $9.99 new at Amazon on Black Friday (not a lightning deal, just an all-day price), and it did not sell out. I expect it will not be too hard to find for $10 in the near future.

bread's done
Back