Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360) $8.99 - Amazon DotD

This game is fantastic! I loved the puzzles, platforming, and time/water manipulation in this game! This is one of my favorite games of 2010. No joke. I got the platinum trophy (ps3) just by playing the game naturally and then doing a couple of silly things I missed.

Hey, Cheapy. Amazon is actually selling this for $19.99. The price listed for $8.99 is by Hubbagames.

[quote name='PublikDefender']This game is fantastic! I loved the puzzles, platforming, and time/water manipulation in this game! This is one of my favorite games of 2010. No joke. I got the platinum trophy (ps3) just by playing the game naturally and then doing a couple of silly things I missed.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way you do, though I bought my copy for Xbox 360. I love the original PoP: Sands of Time, and this reminded me of it but with better combat. I remember getting it when Best Buy had their "GAMER" magazine $15 off coupon, and the game was on sale for $29.99 (shortly after it was released).

At the time, I thought $14.99 for a game of this quality was insane. $8.99 is even more so, and definitely worth the purchase!

I still cant bite at this price, don't get me wrong it's definitely a good price for those who haven't played it yet and want to, but a word of advice the game is really easy and really short. I rented the game through a redbox type service and was able to get 48/50 achievements and beat the game in a day. I feel the game didn't have much as far as replay value went especially with the insanely easy achievements. Like I said not bashing the game as its way better then the previous PoP and was fun for one play through.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Why isn't this also for PS3? I'd gladly bite at this crazy price... Boo Amazon![/QUOTE]

I agree. Why no love for the PS3

[quote name='sadboy']Hey, Cheapy. Amazon is actually selling this for $19.99. The price listed for $8.99 is by Hubbagames.[/QUOTE]

Fulfilled by Amazon and eligible for Prime shipping so it isn't relevant.

[quote name='Temidien']Anyone else being charged $0.63 tax? Still a steal of a deal, but I found it odd :p[/QUOTE]

It's a fulfilled by Amazon item from Hubbagames, so while you might not normally get charged tax, Hubbagames might be in your state.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Why isn't this also for PS3? I'd gladly bite at this crazy price... Boo Amazon![/QUOTE]

Ditto... I still grabbed one, but I'd rather play it on the PS3.

A good game! I've always liked the PoP series of games (though I don't usually buy them when they first come out, being a CAG). You will DEFINITELY get your money's worth with this for $9.

I was happy to get it used for $10 from Family Video a month ago (in mint condition BTW)
I still haven't even booted it up. But I loved Sands of Time so I am eager to play it... at some point.

As a side note I wanted so badly to play Warrior Within and Two Thrones,
but about 30 minutes into WW I got frustrated with the combat mechanics and kept dying...
I turned it off and never returned to the series...

I did try to play the reboot POP a couple years back (the one where you CANNOT die!)
I enjoyed it quite a bit until it started backtracking, I didn't enjoy the hub and spoke world map at all.
It's also easily found under $10 and might be worth a try for others interested in PoP.

Someone please convince me to go back and play WW and TT ;)
I probably will as I hear they are being re-released with HD graphics.

Edit: Just found the import UK PoP HD Trilogy Collection at
shopto.net £19.35 = $25.12 shipped to US (in stock)
thehut.com £18.42 = $23.91 shipped to US (not in stock, but probably a safer vendor)

$25 for a physical disc is better than $45 for PSN digital in my estimation... going to think it over for a bit before pulling the trigger.
A lot of UK vendors seem to be OOS though leading me to believe there aren't a lot of copies of this out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xNightfire147x']I still cant bite at this price, don't get me wrong it's definitely a good price for those who haven't played it yet and want to, but a word of advice the game is really easy and really short. I rented the game through a redbox type service and was able to get 48/50 achievements and beat the game in a day. I feel the game didn't have much as far as replay value went especially with the insanely easy achievements. Like I said not bashing the game as its way better then the previous PoP and was fun for one play through.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I only had 40 possible achievements in my copy, and got 37.

[quote name='raiser']I was happy to get it used for $10 from Family Video a month ago (in mint condition BTW)
I still haven't even booted it up. But I loved Sands of Time so I am eager to play it... at some point.

As a side note I wanted so badly to play Warrior Within and Two Thrones,
but about 30 minutes into WW I got frustrated with the combat mechanics and kept dying...

I turned it off and never returned to the series...

I did try to play the reboot POP a couple years back (the one where you CANNOT die!)
I enjoyed it quite a bit until it started backtracking, I didn't enjoy the hub and spoke world map at all.
It's also easily found under $10 and might be worth a try for others interested in PoP.

Someone please convince me to go back and play WW and TT ;)
I probably will as I hear they are being re-released with HD graphics.[/QUOTE]

Warrior Within was awful. I got to a certain point but gave up because I got tired of dying during a battle when the camera kept moving around without warning and the prince would try to wall jump into the abyss.

Thanks OP. I ordered it with GEOW2 $18.99 to get free shipping. I just got an xbox 360(slim version) in July 2010 and my backlog of cheap games $20 or less is just piling up on that system. It is already atrocious on the PS3 and not so bad on the Wii(nothing to buy that interests me there). I guess I need to wait for games fall under $5 before I add to backlog. JK. LOL. I really didn't want to buy GEOW2 but buying POP at that price is a no brainer and I needed free shipping(Do pre-orders count for free super saving shipping? What happens if you cancel the pre-order after the in stock game is received?).

meeh, my prime expires tomorrow. Might as well get this one to try it out XD $9 no tax, 2-day shipping, or $16 extra obligation for free shipping is a steal.

Very fun game! Not a perfect 10, but better than mediocre.

This game reminds me of a recent discussion on Weekend Confirmed. Why, in gaming, does everything have to be either complete crap or totally awesome? A game like this should be noticed, too, even though it doesn't belong on either end of the spectrum. A good game like this should be appreciated.

Surprised by all the love this game is getting. I feel like its a step back for the series. Not saying its not worth $9, but some of you are bound to be disapointed.

I love the Sands trilogy, and this is a great follow-up, though never quite reaches the heights of the original.

If you've played the trilogy, definitely check it out. It's easily worth $20 or maybe even $30.

But if you've never played the Trilogy, go start there and come back to this when you're done.

is anyone having this issue, after i checked the tracking number i got this message;"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated."

and the item Delivery day is today (January 10, 2011)

bread's done
Back