Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Ps3 NEW $19.99

[quote name='styl3s']its like 9.99-12.99 used @ gamefly if you don't mind used games[/QUOTE]

Damn, I'd be up for that... but I don't have the time for it. Can't long before it's $10 new though.:lol:

I just got it off gamefly (rented), and I have to say, its absolutely crap. Better than POP 2008, but the platforming is basic and boring and the combat is atrocious. I took it out of my PS3 after an hour and its just not worth it IMO

If you like the Sands of Time trilogy, it's a fun little game for under $20, but once you're done, there's really no reason to go back, and it's still not as good as the original trilogy, nor does it add much to the storyline.

[quote name='41down']wow i guess im the only one on the planet who absolutely loved the game...[/QUOTE]You're not alone. It got in the mid 70's on Metacritic. I even liked the 2008 one despite some questionable design choices. POP games are usually good, even the bad ones.

[quote name='Brownjohn']It's always hilarious how fast and hard Ubisoft's games drop. This took a $40 plunge in about 4 1/2 months.[/QUOTE]

It was actually $19.99 about 1-2 months ago at Target.

[quote name='Thrinn']You're not alone. It got in the mid 70's on Metacritic. I even liked the 2008 one despite some questionable design choices. POP games are usually good, even the bad ones.[/QUOTE]

I didn't love it but really enjoyed my time with Forgotten Sands and even PoP 2008. I also did enjoy Sands of Time but never got around to playing the next two in that trilogy.

[quote name='Thrinn']You're not alone. It got in the mid 70's on Metacritic. I even liked the 2008 one despite some questionable design choices. POP games are usually good, even the bad ones.[/QUOTE]

glad to see im not alone. i loved PoP 2008 aswell...

Hell, I'll even go as far to say that Prince of Persia (2008) was my favorite of the series.

[quote name='Rozz']Hell, I'll even go as far to say that Prince of Persia (2008) was my favorite of the series.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, I was really confused on why they'd go back to an older series that they claimed to be done with when they left PoP 08 wide open (though I never played Epilogue before I sold it off).

[quote name='Jhuntley']Ditto, I was really confused on why they'd go back to an older series that they claimed to be done with when they left PoP 08 wide open (though I never played Epilogue before I sold it off).[/QUOTE]I think it was a combination of Ubisoft being disappointed that the 2008 one failed to break sales records, plus they clearly wanted to cash in on the Sands theme of the movie. I would like to see them revisit the 2008 game.

Perhaps skipping the DLC was for the best. I started playing through the Epilogue today. Compared to the main game it's proven very disappointing. It's extremely linear, to the point where there's no exploration at all and they skipped the wide color palette of the main game in favor of bland colored corridors.

[quote name='Thrinn']I think it was a combination of Ubisoft being disappointed that the 2008 one failed to break sales records, plus they clearly wanted to cash in on the Sands theme of the movie. I would like to see them revisit the 2008 game.

Perhaps skipping the DLC was for the best. I started playing through the Epilogue today. Compared to the main game it's proven very disappointing. It's extremely linear, to the point where there's no exploration at all and they skipped the wide color palette of the main game in favor of bland colored corridors.[/QUOTE]

yeah the dlc is not very good at all compared to the main game. i was very disappointed in it.

[quote name='Rozz']Hell, I'll even go as far to say that Prince of Persia (2008) was my favorite of the series.[/QUOTE]

IMO...
PoP Sands of Time... A
PoP Warrior Within... A+
PoP Two Thrones... B+
PoP 2008... B+ (it would be an "A" but the "light seed glitch" denied me the Platinum trophy). :joystick:

Haven't play Forgotten Sands... yet.

Dang, what's this thing gonna be during Black Friday? Are they just gonna hand them out free? I could see the giving this as a free pre-order bonus like NFS Shift or Prototype on Ubisoft's next big title.

Figures. Just bought it six hours ago at Target for this price(plus tax). And i already had credit on Amazon. Oh well; $20 was the magic number, and i missed it the last time Target had it on sale(i was at my local store the first day of the sale, but they were supopsedly out of stock, despite having at least half a dozen copies just two days earlier).

shooting myself in the head for buying this on release day....:wall:
never buying any of ubisoft's games on release again.

[quote name='seether254']shooting myself in the head for buying this on release day....:wall:
never buying any of ubisoft's games on release again.[/QUOTE]

You've been here for almost a year and you're just learning this now?

bread's done
Back