Prince of Persia : Warrior Within Demo available

mcwilliams132

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Stripped from Neowin.net:

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=24885&category=gamers
------------------------------
A playable demo of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is now available, allowing you to experience the upcoming third-person acrobat action sequel by Ubi Soft Montreal. This massive multi-language demo contains an already familiar intro movie and (at least) one level situated on the ship from that movie, which also serves a tutorial.

Recommended Configuration:

Win 98 SE/2000/XP Only
DirectX 9.0c
1.5 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon or equivalent
256 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 4 or ATI Radeon 9500
DirectX 8.0 compatible sound device
500 MB GB hard drive space
Windows-compatible mouse required

----
Download link:
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/princepersia5/pop2_demo.zip.html

Wow! Half a gig! Thanks for the tip!

Muahaha.. using my brother's personal server. 250kb/s, kinda slow. Thanks.. should be done within the next 40 minutes.

I just downloaded it. Haven't had much chance to play it, but it seems pretty cool. I'm excited for it to come out. Will probably have to wait picking it up, though, but at least I'll have this to tide me over with. Worth the download.

Oh, WOW! What a demo! More "smooth" moves (eg. run up someone, flip over them, then slice 'em up).. a blood option.. can literally split people in half.. two swords.. combos.. wow.

They got my preorder!

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, WOW! What a demo! More "smooth" moves (eg. run up someone, flip over them, then slice 'em up).. a blood option.. can literally split people in half.. two swords.. combos.. wow.

They got my preorder![/quote]

The combo tutorial at the beginning of the demo was cool. "The flip over the guy, decapitation" move was sweet. Definitely darker and bloody unlike the first game.....

Damn, if it was a CD version for a console, I'd get it, but I don't think I'm gonna even bother to try PoP on a computer.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, WOW! What a demo! More "smooth" moves (eg. run up someone, flip over them, then slice 'em up).. a blood option.. can literally split people in half.. two swords.. combos.. wow.

They got my preorder![/quote]

I have to agree, it looks BEAUTIFUL, and plays great, but the PC controls are just gorrible! I'm definately getting it, but I'll get it for a console.

I used my gamepad to play and it is pretty awesome, I wish that the tutorial would adhere to my settings though, because I had no clue what I was doing when it was telling me to hit E and i wasn't useing the keyboard.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wish they had it on cd since I can't download it.[/quote]

Why can't you download it?

Hmm.. i'd download demos and put them on CD.. but that's probably illegal, or something.

bread's done
Back