Prince of Persia Warrior Within or Sands of Time $2.49 ea | Games for Windows

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Picked up Sands of Time, that game is amazing, wouldn't mind replaying it and actually finishing it this time.

Doubt they've got achievements, they're pre-Games for Windows titles I think.

Unfortunately they are throwing these non-LIVE games onto the LIVE marketplace without making them really distinguishable. Obviously you can look at the pictures, but for the non-LIVE Games for Windows games it might still be difficult to tell the difference unless you already know which ones are LIVE and which aren't. They should at least put on the product page whether they have achievements or not.

Hmm... so did they fix the fog issues with these 2 games? I think I that's the problem the Steam editions have, which you have to disable via ini file.

[quote name='Chimpanzebra']do they have achievements?[/QUOTE]

*face palm*

Anyways, I passed on the trilogy the other week when it was going for $10. I just don't think I can revert back to old games of this type, the combat especially.

Can you use 360 points on these to buy them? Probably not but maybe slim chance! If not they really should make 360 points into Live points that work for Games for Windows games too.

Yes. Each will put you back 200 Spacebux

Edit:

From inside GFW Live, go to the games page and click the download button. On the confirm purchase page, choose "Use Microsoft Points"

Sands of Time is totally worth 200 MS points ... picked it up last night and the PC version has actually held up rather nicely when compared to games of today.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yes. Each will put you back 200 Spacebux

Edit:

From inside GFW Live, go to the games page and click the download button. On the confirm purchase page, choose "Use Microsoft Points"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. This will make my purchase even easier. I have a bunch of ms points that are just sitting there and I have another game to test out my new pc.

Bought it, download was at 4% after about 30 minutes. No clue why my Internet has been so shady lately. Starting to piss me off though.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yes. Each will put you back 200 Spacebux

Edit:

From inside GFW Live, go to the games page and click the download button. On the confirm purchase page, choose "Use Microsoft Points"[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. Thanks. So is there any downside to downloading the program that lets you download the games? I will finally get rid of those 200 excess points I've had for 3-4 years now.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']It woulda been really sweet if they fixed them up to include native 360 pad support.[/QUOTE]

They will still work with 360 controller but just have to reconfigure button assignments?

While you are in GFWL be sure to get Tinker. It's free and adds 200GS (if that is a concern for you) if you finish all the puzzles.

Just read that most games contain SecuROM DRM. Not so sure about this anymore. But it looks like Ubisoft games don't use it.

Then found this:
Standard SecuROM® = 5 activations/month on any hardware.

Fallout 3
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
Battlestations Pacific
Kane & Lynch
Section 8
Viva Pinata
Juiced 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Mahjong Wisdom
Where's Waldo
Borderlands
Max Payne 2
GTA San Andreas

Server Side Authentication (SSA) Titles:
Section 8
Dirt 2
Tinker
Mahjong Wisdom
Where's Waldo

Ubisoft titles will use their custom DRM, either TAGES for older titles, or Orbit for the newer ones.

Thanks a lot OP. Actually just download the GFWL client for the first time...pretty interesting. No STEAM, but it's pretty neat.

That and I never got a chance to play the PoP series. Should be good.

When I click on Play it asks me to input the serial number, when I do it won't let me do anything. The next and back are not highlighted but cancel is...what gives??

I like the prices but I am unsure as it is microsoft. They tend to be evil if they get a good spot in the market. Can you use gfwl when in game? The one upside to gfwl for me is that I can chat to my 360 friends when playing Fallout3.

Otherwise, it is an annoying pain in the butt and the reason I did not buy any fallout 3 content.

Bought this and have not been able to download it. Freaking client keeps putting out an error code ! I really don't have time to spend trying to figure out what is wrong with my registry settings and what not... Anyone here had previous experience with games for windows live support ???

since it's being sold by the games for windows service, does that mean they've properly implemented 360 gamepad support?

[quote name='mr_bungle']When I click on Play it asks me to input the serial number, when I do it won't let me do anything. The next and back are not highlighted but cancel is...what gives??[/QUOTE]

In the GFW client, go to downloads then go to the game and you should see in small font, something about get keys. One is for live and the other is the serial number.

[quote name='robpe36']since it's being sold by the games for windows service, does that mean they've properly implemented 360 gamepad support?[/QUOTE]

it supports a game pad but I'm not sure if it's properly implemented for the 360 pad.

bread's done
Back