Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I Think if anything if the match goes through with no shenanigans, I'm more shocked we'll get a heel vs heel main event if it ends up being Joe against Lesnar from here until the end of the month. I Mean Joe's promo tonight with him saying he wanted to be like Lesnar and proceeding to choke Heyman certainly didn't feel like he's going face. So once more, this is shockingly good booking.

Yeah, Omega-Okada 2 was amazing. I Also love Young Bucks ring side at these matches because goddamn it gives it a big fight feel.

Pretty cool discussion. Includes a good story about Cena shaming people for not playing a mobile game enough, as well as Xavier coming up with the trombone thing.

https://youtu.be/8X8QfZYdx3s

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe is still a marvelous smack-talker even in a relaxed environment. Thanks for sharing.

If you're in the Philly area this weekend and don't care much about Father's Day, we're hosting a 1-day tournament to honor World of Sport's Johnny Kidd. Zack Sabre, Jr. will be here to take on Mike Quackenbush for the second time, Matt Riddle will make his Chikara debut, and James Mason (the last active World of Sport wrestler) will be on hand for an exclusive appearance in the US!

http://chikarapro.com/events/season-18/06-18-2017_2017-johnny-kidd-invitational

Rumor says Shinsuke wins tonight. Odds say Corbin. I want Shinsuke to hold it and cash in ahead of time against AJ at Mania, but I'd be happy with Kevin or Sami.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're really devaluing the Smackdown heavyweight title if they go from Jinder to Corbin (not counting the person who's putting in favors to be champion for a few minutes). I Mean, I got nothing against Corbin, but that guy is pretty damn green still. I Enjoy his promos where he's bitching about how much he hates the indie scene and telling people who weren't in Ring of Honor to go back to Ring of Honor, but it's good at a mid card level not at a "I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHERE HE TAKES SMACKDOWN NEXT" level. I Guess this is the possible price we pay for having a (so far) great Joe and Lesnar feud on Raw.

I see Corbin holding it a while and at least one champ between Jinder and a cash-in. At least I hope so, I'd love it to be against someone Corbin can scream about.

So… why are they splitting them up again? They never even got a title run, and are 100% better together than apart. Nonsense.
Because there is really no tag division on Raw so why bother?

I Gotta admit, Enzo just shutting up and letting loose those big eyes is the most I've felt for the character since they first debuted on the main roster.

Because there is really no tag division on Raw so why bother?

I Gotta admit, Enzo just shutting up and letting loose those big eyes is the most I've felt for the character since they first debuted on the main roster.
Yeah, I guess. I've just never wanted to feel for Enzo, ya know? They get people's energy up, and they're just stupid fun. Why can't I have stupid fun? This is wrestling, damnit.

Yeah, I guess. I've just never wanted to feel for Enzo, ya know? They get people's energy up, and they're just stupid fun. Why can't I have stupid fun? This is wrestling, damnit.
Because we got the Titus Brand, which started out just plain stupid, but I'm totally enjoying now and Fashion Files on Smackdown. Your stupid fun is covered.

Because we got the Titus Brand, which started out just plain stupid, but I'm totally enjoying now and Fashion Files on Smackdown. Your stupid fun is covered.
On a sidenote, if this Titus brand bit doesn't lead to a match between Titus and Neville where Neville squashes Titus, I'll be very disappointed.

On a sidenote, if this Titus brand bit doesn't lead to a match between Titus and Neville where Neville squashes Titus, I'll be very disappointed.
I think we had that match in NXT, I might have even been there for it live.

I'm sad they're splitting them so soon. Do it sure, but fuck just a year on the main roster together? Raw roster is so crowded I don't see where they do anything with Cass.

So Kota Ibushi is "officially" returning to NJPW during the G1 Climax and hints of a Kenny Omega rematch. Yup, definitely fine he didn't sign that WWE contract.

I think we had that match in NXT, I might have even been there for it live.

I'm sad they're splitting them so soon. Do it sure, but fuck just a year on the main roster together? Raw roster is so crowded I don't see where they do anything with Cass.
I'm guessing if Big Show can get over his hurt feelings, he'll be feuding with Cass for a bit with Enzo at Big Show's side. From there, I dunno, I could see Cass rudderless on Main Event within a few months.

Good morning all.  Long time wrestling fan, first time poster.

Just a little about me, before I ask a question.  Long time WWF/WWE fan, who also has watched WCW, ECW, some TNA, only a little bit of Impact, etc.  The last WWE PPV was kinda the last straw for me.  The bullshit story lines are just getting on my nerves, and whether it's RAW or Smackdown, there aren't enough matches I really care about.  Fortunately, I discovered NXT about two years ago, and I've really enjoyed those matches, even when they've seemingly "cleaned house" and moved most of the stars up to the main rosters.  I'll also say while I've known about NJPW for years, I've never really watched regularly or focused on their stars.  I'd watch a match or two from Wrestle Kingdom if it was of particular interest, but never really watch a whole show.  But with an interest in Kenny Omega, and having heard of other wrestlers in the promotion (or should I say, cross-promoting) I've been watching The Young Bucks, Richochet, ZSJ, and so many others.  Really enjoying the NJPW matches lately.

Okay, so all that said, I know I'm late to the Kenny Omega party.  I went back and watched one of his recommended DDT promotion matches, and despite the poor video quality, it was AWESOME.  Tried to find a Blu-Ray of it, but I guess with that promotion going under I'm just not gonna find it.  But I've watched a lot of his recent NJPW stuff, and it's awesome.  *6-star matches?*  Holy snikes!

So for my question.  In trying to decide on an Omega t-shirt or something I'd like, I saw the NJPW version of the "One Winged Angel" zip hoodie.  With the gun on one sleeve (which doesn't seem to be on the prowrestlingtee's version, am I wrong?), and the Bullet Club and Angel Wing on the back.  I'd love to get this, but again, the US versions aren't the same as the NJPW version, and that version is only available in S, even if I do manage figure out all the quirks to get it shipped to the US.  ANYONE know where I might be able to get one of these in a Men's US size XL?  I'd sure appreciate it!!!  :D

If it's not on Pro Wrestling Tees it maybe a NJPW exclusive piece of merch and Hot Topic won't be selling even half of the Bullet Club merch available so if it's not on PWT you're out of luck unless you want to import it or they have it on sale during the LA show.

Also I'm pretty amazed that Bullet Club/The Elite have gone this big to be sold at a major brick and mortar retailer chain.

Thanks guys.  Hot Topic does have 3 NJPW shirts when you filter by that brand.  Not really finding what I wanted, I tried designing a zip sweatshirt last night using several different ideas together on one custom item.  However, CustomTees wouldn't do printing on sleeves without calling in, and the sweatshirt that Prowrestlingtees uses to print the Kenny Omega shirt required a minimum of 6 items to print, so I went out this morning and looked at other options.

So many sites didn't do sleeves, didn't have a sweatshirt that didn't require a minimum order of less than 4 to print, etc.  So when I found the following site, and a sweatshirt I liked the look of I was pretty psyched.  Only after putting various bits on the front, back, and one shoulder, it appears a minimum order of 24 may be required to print.  If so, that's pretty disappointing, as the rest of their "design lab" setup and allowing me to setup the item the way I wanted is pretty awesome.

Feel free to take a look if you wish, and let me know what you think.  After hours of being VERY uncertain about other designs, this one still impresses me after redoing the six-star words to be white (not grey), etc.

http://www.ooshirts.com/designapp/sharing/1177553569

My apologies if I'm not allowed to share a design idea.  I take no credit for any of the images or other designs used to create a hybrid designed sweatshirt.  Just trying to get something I want, rather than buy something I don't like.

You can order from the NJPW store and ship to the US (use Tenso for shipping). I bought a few of the Nakamura "Best in the World" shirts last year right before he left and was able to sell those in the US to help pay for the one I kept (along with the shipping).

If you order a hoodie, with shipping to the US, that's gonna be pretty costly overall. Don't be surprised if you're putting out $60+ for one item. But that's the cost of getting something more "authentic" than the PWT design.

Your issue may be with size. I wear a men's M, and the shirt I kept is a Japanese L. It's a bit more snug than most M's I have. If the NJPW shop only goes up to XL, I'd just stick with the PWT design, as you know that will fit. 

Or maybe use Tenso to ship to the US, and if it doesn't fit, you'll likely be able to sell it and break even. You're definitely not the only person to notice that NJPW shop gear is different from PWT equivalents (and that the former is more desirable).

Good luck on all that.

Well, I was going to go with the custom one I linked above.  But then I discovered that site on both sides of the front of the zip sweatshirt... they'll only do one side or the other.  Other places won't print on the sleeve, or they require a minimum of 6 to 24 items to order something at all.  I'm sure I'll find a place that can help me print what I want eventually... but not yet.  And PWT definately doesn't seem print the Omega hoodie the same way NJPW does.  Besides the NJPW tag, they leave off a graphic or two.  Which for what I'm gonna pay for it, I want it the way I want it.  Guess I'll wait and figure it out eventually.

I'm still trying to figure out the point of that MizTV segment last night.

Also three great build ups leading up to Great Balls of Fire??? I Mean, those matches have to disappoint for sure now don't they?

So I've seen two women's MitB matches now... and I'm just tired of them already.

Hopefully, the case for the belt makes it all worthwhile but with the current champ being so horrible I woukd likely be just as happy if they cashed in next week.

I Think ladder matches as a whole have run their course. Right after the first TLC match, there hasn't been anything to make any of these matches in any promotion stand out in my head. They kinda run through the same spots and there's too much going on that it's hard to remember anything in the long run besides who won in the end.

It's kinda telling that the most memorable Money in the Bank match ever didn't even involve ladders or anything.

I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in at least two weeks, I finally have a chance to watch this morning so I decide to sit down and watch... Progress Chapter 50! WWE has a big problem when I can watch their YouTube and feel well enough caught up.

I Will say that the build up and card for Great Balls of Fire has been great. As in I don't understand how a pay per view called Great Balls of Fire did what Wrestlemania couldn't.

Gable vs Styles was a good match for Smackdown.  However, I think it was a bad call to have Rusev return to have a match with Cena returning with Cena stating he is not part time.  Rusev needs a push.

What a crazy day for WWE news! Austin Aries released, Dixie Carter appearing on the WWE 24 Kurt Angle: Homecoming, and AJ Styles wins the U.S. Title at the MSG house show! 

On a side note, I am going to the Glory Pro show in St. Louis on Sunday. Anyone else going to this show? Card looks fantastic and I am beyond stoked to see Marufuji live. 

I've got everybody retaining tonight, hopefully Joe/Brock and Roman/Braun are as good as they might be. At least I have Evolve from earlier to watch.

What a crazy day for WWE news! Austin Aries released, Dixie Carter appearing on the WWE 24 Kurt Angle: Homecoming, and AJ Styles wins the U.S. Title at the MSG house show!

On a side note, I am going to the Glory Pro show in St. Louis on Sunday. Anyone else going to this show? Card looks fantastic and I am beyond stoked to see Marufuji live.
Was that match Dijak vs Marufuji? Would've really liked to see that.

As a side note: I dunno you, man, but sincerely, thanks for supporting indy wrestling. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and a lot of indy fans don't spend money on indy wrestling, y'know? They'll watch evolve via pw torrents, or indy videos on YouTube and Dailymotion - and maybe they own a Bullet Club shirt. But that doesn't put money in Keith Lee's bank account, or help feed Matt Riddle's kids.

Buying a ticket to a show does, buying their merch does. So, from someone inconsequential to all this, but who's thought about this a lot lately: thanks for supporting indy wrestling.

I went to Evolve's first show in Atlanta last night.  Good showing IMO.  ACH and Ethan Page had one of the best comedy matches I've ever seen.

WWE released Austin Aries?  Did they ever bring him up to the main roster?  What a waste.

I went to Evolve's first show in Atlanta last night. Good showing IMO. ACH and Ethan Page had one of the best comedy matches I've ever seen.

WWE released Austin Aries? Did they ever bring him up to the main roster? What a waste.
Aries asked for his release after it became apparent he was being tied down to the Cruiserweight division and that's as far as they'd let him go.

I went to Evolve's first show in Atlanta last night. Good showing IMO. ACH and Ethan Page had one of the best comedy matches I've ever seen.

WWE released Austin Aries? Did they ever bring him up to the main roster? What a waste.
Oh, man, what did you think of Keith Lee vs Tracy Williams?

Aries asked for his release after it became apparent he was being tied down to the Cruiserweight division and that's as far as they'd let him go.
OK, if that's what he wanted then good for him. He's always struck me as a pretty intelligent guy and he doesn't seem like the type to stay somewhere if he's not doing what he wants to do.

Oh, man, what did you think of Keith Lee vs Tracy Williams?
I liked it. I wasn't at all familiar with Tracy Williams and I only knew Keith Lee from his time teaming with Shane Taylor in ROH. They both did a good job of making Williams look believably competitive with a mass of humanity like Lee. Lee has an expressive face that can be friendly but can easily portray a "you really shouldn't have done that" demeanor. Plus he moves incredibly well for someone his size. Williams will definitely be someone I'll want to watch more of.

Glad to hear it - Williams isn't the biggest wrestler, but is very good at quickly proving to the crowd that he's got competitive spirit that will bring it every time.

Also a very apt description of Lee. Both are wrestlers we should all go of our way to see given the opportunity.

I'm lucky enough that Tracy Williams makes it to AIW pretty often, hopefully one day they can book Keith Lee. But with the unfortunate passing of Chandler Biggins people in the CLE area are worried about AIW staying afloat after this year.

Yeah, I heard about that - really sorry to hear, I know folks who worked there spoke very highly of him, and he clearly brought something special to the Cleveland indy scene.

There's no shortage of good indy wrestling in Cleveland, though - someone will step up and keep the mantle going.

Excited to be going to the Mae Young tapings tomorrow, taking a date for her first exposure. I want to see Toni vs Candace.

I'm doing what I can to avoid Mae Young spoilers - super stoked to see Mia Yim, Candice La Rae, and of course Abbey Laithe in it. Hope you can maintain your cool until it airs in 4-5 weeks. :)

bread's done
Back