Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

What is their obsession with putting Daniel Bryan on a stretcher? He has to have been put on a stretcher more than anyone in WWE history at this point.

'Kay.

Triple H attack

Daniel-Bryan-Stretcher.png

Wrestlemania

bryanstretcher.png

Kane attack

19148025eadc8eda1d3770245974f7b9_crop_exact.jpg

Kane attack #2

daniel-bryan-1.jpg

Tonight

Daniel-Bryan-Smackdown-Stretcher-645x370.jpg

That's gotta be some kind of record for non-stretcher match stretcher angles.

I'm almost certainly overthinking this, but does anyone else think WWE has intentionally been doing a bad job building to Wrestlemania to blow away people's expectations? Like they've put all their time on building the stories DURING Wrestlemania, that they've let the weekly product just be what it has been the past month or so? Maybe?

I'm just massively confused about every single card on this match. The card itself is AMAZING at face value, but it seems to rely much too heavily on fans reminding themselves that the matches should be exciting rather than building excitement. It's either lazy, or brilliant. Fake fighting shouldn't be this confusing.  :wall:

Blackcraft Cult (clothing company that makes black clothes and does collabs with a ton of wrestlers. Marty Scurl, Bray Wyatt, Paige, Seth Rollins, Aleister Black and some others in the past) is gonna start running shows and do more wrestling-centric stuff.

Their first show is in Pittsburg in August and is already shaping up to be great. Triple threat to crown their champion should be incredible.

DdfxrqwVMAAjMc3.jpg

Plus you drop $10 to preorder the ppv and get a $10 gc for edgy clothes like this, that's my kinda deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackcraft Cult (clothing company that makes black clothes and does collabs with a ton of wrestlers. Marty Scurl, Bray Wyatt, Paige, Seth Rollins, Aleister Black and some others in the past) is gonna start running shows and do more wrestling-centric stuff.

Their first show is in Pittsburg in August and is already shaping up to be great. Triple threat to crown their champion should be incredible.

DdfxrqwVMAAjMc3.jpg

Plus you drop $10 to preorder the ppv and get a $10 gc for edgy clothes like this, that's my kinda deal
Stolen and posted in the indie FB group I'm in. Main event def worth it with that giftcard promo. I see quite a few things my girl and I would get a kick out of.

DdfxrqwVMAAjMc3.jpg

I may go to this. Thanks for posting.

I blame Raw for having way too many tag matches.

Ironically, I care more about the tag matches on Smackdown even though they don't have as many.

That quite possibly may have been the shittiest live crowd for a PPV ever.
Yeah the main event I was....not happy with my fellow wrestling fans. Felt bad for Dolph and Seth.

That was my 4th Iron Man (Benoit/hhh, Cena/Orton, Sasha/Charlotte) and it was probably the worst of the four.

I think part of the problem is that both the live crowd and the people watching KNOW that the match isn’t going to end for X minutes, and all the drama is inherently in the last five minutes, but I’m not sure how to get around that problem.

It's about time:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1029131527291121664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1029131527291121664&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mandatory.com%2Fwrestlezone%2Fnews%2F986637-triple-h-stephanie-mcmahon-set-to-miss-raw-triple-h-congratulates-renee-young

It's about time:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1029131527291121664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1029131527291121664&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mandatory.com%2Fwrestlezone%2Fnews%2F986637-triple-h-stephanie-mcmahon-set-to-miss-raw-triple-h-congratulates-renee-young
Whoa, this is pretty cool.

If I recall correctly I've heard in interviews that this is something she thinks she did poorly in NXT and wasn't interested in returning to. Interested to see how she does and if she sticks with it. (I personally was a fan of her in NXT.)

Makes sense that they need at least one female broadcaster for their all-woman ppv

Are the Bludgeon Brothers supposed to be satyrs? Genuine question. Big beards, weird fluffy pants, and now the horns... seems like Vince wants them to be satyrs.

I know I'm way behind, but I just started listening to the Bruce Prichard podcast (from the beginning). I don't think I've ever been this conflicted about a wrestling show. There are some cool stories that probably haven't been told before, but there is so much flat-out wrong information at times that it's kind of hard to listen to.

Thread has died. There's been "noteworthy" shit, but nothing really memorable.

Attending Evolve this weekend, I've never seen a ladder match in-person so I'm excited for that.

Thread has died. There's been "noteworthy" shit, but nothing really memorable.

Attending Evolve this weekend, I've never seen a ladder match in-person so I'm excited for that.
I don’t think it’s the thread so much as the forum itself.

I’ve been to a few EVOLVE shows in NY, hope you have a good time.

The whole Saudi thing is gross.

I'm not getting notifications for the Offtopic forum like I do with the others.  I figured someone was going to mention what happened to Roman, or maybe it's too sensitive a subject?

While you're watching Evolve, I'll be watching Evolution.

Following the Mae Young Classic and Io is my personal pick to win. Was also rooting for Lacey Lane, Kacy Catanzaro, and Xia Li.  The quality of the tournament made me wish I saw the first tournament from last year.

Who is replacing John Cena at Crown Jewel? 

I'm not getting notifications for the Offtopic forum like I do with the others. I figured someone was going to mention what happened to Roman, or maybe it's too sensitive a subject?

While you're watching Evolve, I'll be watching Evolution.

Following the Mae Young Classic and Io is my personal pick to win. Was also rooting for Lacey Lane, Kacy Catanzaro, and Xia Li. The quality of the tournament made me wish I saw the first tournament from last year.

Who is replacing John Cena at Crown Jewel?
I do plan on watching evolution as well. Hopefully before Raw. The Roman situation is really tough. I think it’s pretty clear that no one ever disliked him as a person, the issues were always with the character/the booking.

Obviously I hope he gets healthy and comes back as soon as he can.

After last night, the chances of Crown Jewel topping Evolution are small, I think. Show was good.

Nice to see EVOLVE turn into NXT Jr..

Becky has been the best main roster thing in years I feel like. 

Read on the ol internet that Bryan proposed the heel turn himself, so hopefully he actually has ideas for it and gets to execute those ideas free of creative? Maybe?

Survivor series was better then I expected. Charlotte moment was the best and the Bryan match became intriguing even though I didn’t expect him to win.

bread's done
Back