Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Let us never forget Khali's greatest moment: getting into a fight backstage with the *other* semi-immobile big person and winning with slaps.

"It was reported at the time that Big Show approached Khali and threw the first punch, which Khali blocked. After they fell to the ground, Khali was able to mount Show and slap him several times before the fight was broken up."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfhY8NLDaH0

Here is the AWESOME 3-Way between Ziggler / Cesaro / Kidd. I highly recommend it. It's ROH-tier stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know lnog shot but would be nice to see lesnar show up replace someone on cenas team and beat the holy crap out of the authority. this whole lesnar is champ and not fighting for two months now is getting old.

i know lnog shot but would be nice to see lesnar show up replace someone on cenas team and beat the holy crap out of the authority. this whole lesnar is champ and not fighting for two months now is getting old.
The champ didn't always used to wrestle on TV a few times a wek - it used to be special. Now of course that doesn't apply to Brock since they never actually MENTION him, so the build-up that could be done during WWE's SIX HOURS OF WEEKLY PROGRAMMING isn't being done. As a result, the champion doesn't feel very important. Actually, no one outside of HHH and Steph does, and Steph cutting the balls off of Rusev didn't do him any favors.

03_20140708_CATS_NAT_ROSA.jpg
Lol

This is what's missing from WWE 2K15 PS4/XBO versions:

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Tonardo Tag Teams
Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table
Handicap matches
1vs1 ladder match
Special Referee

This is what's missing from WWE 2K15 PS4/XBO versions:

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Tonardo Tag Teams
Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table
Handicap matches
1vs1 ladder match
Special Referee
So basically, everything fun about the previous games.

Glad I canceled my order. The reviews that are out are just as bad as the last gen reviews. Saves me some time and money at least.

Glad I canceled my order. The reviews that are out are just as bad as the last gen reviews. Saves me some time and money at least.
There's no legitimate reviews out.

1v1 ladder matches are under title matches.

There's no excuse for the rest.

For all the negativity, though, let's talk about one new thing that I love: tired animations and crawling to pin. HBK's completely exhausted, but check out when he lands the SCM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3LbkiwBY9I

I need to get back into wrestling. I almost went to the House of Hardcore show on Saturday, but had prior obligations.

Haven't really followed wrestling *much* (I know basic things, like Brock is a part-time champ, Cody Rhodes is now a Goldust-dude, and someone keeps making charming videos on Youtube with Randy Orton RKOing people who fall off their bicycles), but:

a) I miss wrestling

b) I'm company agnostic

c) I'm too old and busy to get bent about the programming (i.e., I want to watch what I enjoy, and not be a hyperactive "here's how I'd book it, this is trash!" kind of fan)

...so, what's good, then? WWE? TNA? ROH? Lucha Underground?

(also, hi, y'all.)

Lol no hang time on HBK's elbow drop, and the gameplay is so slow and boring. I LOVED the fast arcadey Smackdowns in the PS2 days. They need to remake Here Comes The Pain with online, updated roster, better graphics. That would be awesome.

Hey Myke! Good to see you around.

PWG is almost always awesome. TNA has had a run of mostly good Impact shows airing these past couple months, especially compared to the state of the show previously. Raw and Smackdown are on this kick where almost every main event has to end in disqualification. Lucha Underground has been fun to watch thus far.

I need to get back into wrestling. I almost went to the House of Hardcore show on Saturday, but had prior obligations.

Haven't really followed wrestling *much* (I know basic things, like Brock is a part-time champ, Cody Rhodes is now a Goldust-dude, and someone keeps making charming videos on Youtube with Randy Orton RKOing people who fall off their bicycles), but:

a) I miss wrestling

b) I'm company agnostic

c) I'm too old and busy to get bent about the programming (i.e., I want to watch what I enjoy, and not be a hyperactive "here's how I'd book it, this is trash!" kind of fan)

(also, hi, y'all.)
PWG. NJPW. Lucha Underground. WWE has been on an upswing this past two weeks. They're finally pushing Ziggler. Like really pushing him and it seems like the fans are taking to him. But you know how hit and miss they can be. Both the fans and the company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugpgyh5fIo

PWG. NJPW. Lucha Underground. WWE has been on an upswing this past two weeks. They're finally pushing Ziggler. Like really pushing him and it seems like the fans are taking to him. But you know how hit and miss they can be. Both the fans and the company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugpgyh5fIo
They got flashier moves than WWE

Happy to see John Morrison is still fun to watch on Lucha Underground. 

Could have to do with not having to hear him call someone Mr. Ziggles or do a shitty Braveheart impression though.

I'll second Matt on PWG and TNA.  TNA's NY shows this summer were quite solid and the PA shows have been good so far.  They're actually using James Storm in a pretty interesting manner at the moment.  I'm playing catch-up on NJPW and ROH but very much enjoy it.  I don't know if you saw the news but JR will be calling Wrestle Kingdom this year for Jarrett's GFW promotion.

Yeah, it's going to sound completely nuts but it's worth going back to check out Bobby Lashley's title matches from the past few months.

As for this Raw...I'm wondering if they're planning on dropping Cena's team in favor of Woods/Big E/Kofi. 

YMMV, but Android users may want to hold off on upgrading to Android 5.0. Network doesn't work for me after updating, the app opens but every time you try to play a video it crashes.

The Authority rambled on for-fucking-ever and made Dolph-Harper. After the break, it was made an IC Title match and then Dolph got jumped. It didn't play much of a part since he lost the title clean, meaning LUKE HARPER WON THE IC TITLE. It's surreal to see him in this dingy getup holding gold, but awesome. Cole pimped "Grumpy the Cat" as Raw's star while wearing a blinding white and black suit. Stupid Grumpy Cat and Miz segment. Rose-Kidd II. Tyson's reward for a week of outstanding matches on WWE TV is a match with Adam Rose - so don't try, guys. Just don't give a fuck, go through the motions, and do whatever. Trying will get you nowhere. Kidd won, but the main thing here was Bunny-Rose, which had some goofy non-PG antics. Goofy Bray bullshit led to stupid Dean bullshit. Ryback faced Cesaro in a mid-card treadmill match with a post-break chinlock. This got good by the end, but it was just boring overall. More Grumpy Cat comedy with the cat literally seeming asleep and JBL just going "okay" at this bullshit. Show came out. Then Steph, and then Sheamus. OH THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, A REVOLVING DOOR PROMO!

She made Show-Sheamus for a title shot. They had a house show version of every match before Show and Rusev killed them. Nikki lost to Brie dressed as AJ thanks to AJ, who then beat them both up. Stardust won a goofy 8-man tag with his stupid finisher, so they might switch the tag titles on the PPV. Hunter came out and just died live. First, he stumbled over his lines, then he forgot them. Then he just rambled in a circle before looking at Steph to try and save it, and she tried to save it. The roster is so thin Cena now needs to get people from the crowd to team with him. What he should do is get that fan from the UFC presser who closed the show to join his team. HHH of all people doing the "yadda yadda yadda" hand motion. Died. Then it was time for stupid Cena bullshit. Dolph and Show returned. I guess Cena's comedy has magical healing powers - so he's like Patch Adams, but less funny. Rowan coming out for Team Cena was very good as it was, but would've meant so much more if he'd been a killer of heel jobbers instead of a re-re. CESARO CAME OUT, but joined the heels. Ryback joined the faces and stared down HHH so Cena could AA him through the table. Well, I'd have had RYBACK do it since he needs the help, but whatever.

THIS SHOW SUCKED, but had a few good things on it like the overall push of Ryback and the return of Cesaro in the main event mix.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/wwe-raw-11-17-14.html

Screens -

WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW! THE LONGEST-RUNNING EPISODIC TV SHOW IN HISTORY!

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/knqvp2lhimgwd7c5p0qkcp1rywflofm8

Cesaro: Arrive, Swerve, Vanish.

His 2014 character arc in 10 beautiful seconds.  At least his matches have been great.

I'm enjoying Ryback as substitute Roman Reigns for the next month or so.

Why the hell am I not surprised. Bought the Digital Deluxe edition of WWE2K15 and guess what, it looks like they released a demo or something instead of the real game. You cant choose anything from the main menu but one on one and you can only play as 6 superstars.

a) I miss wrestling

b) I'm company agnostic

(also, hi, y'all.)
So...do you have the network? It's $9.99 a month and they got rid of the 6 month commitment, so you can subscribe and unsubscribe at your leisure. It actually seems like a decent idea for you, since you could then watch programming whenever you wanted. The only downside is that they post RAWs about 4 weeks after they air.

I watched a bit at first, but not so much after awhile, so I canceled. 

Maybe I'll go back. $10 a month is not terrible, and most of the reason I don't watch anymore is because I'm rarely ever home during prime time hours.

Unrelated, saw Stevie Richards at my gym again this morning. With a dude who i think was Michael Modest, but I'm honestly not sure.

Semi-related: Jamie Noble is back with WWE? Sweet, I know he's up there in years, but he's clearly capable of another good match or two. His work between WCW and WWF (in HWA) was *amazing*, and his body of work in ROH was great as well.

Noble has been an agent for years. He's still in that role, but he also plays lackey to the Authority on TV.

Myke, WWE Network is free for November, so you can sign up, watch for 12 days, and pay nothing. Survivor Series is, of course, included.

the autority will win on sunday. reason state this is raw is here in city monday night and for some time now they advertising a tag match of cena and dolf against couple of the authority players. it is advertised as cena and dolph seek returbution match. betting it will be eric that turns on cenas team cost them match

the autority will win on sunday. reason state this is raw is here in city monday night and for some time now they advertising a tag match of cena and dolf against couple of the authority players. it is advertised as cena and dolph seek returbution match. betting it will be eric that turns on cenas team cost them match
they are pushing smackdown here but says Dolph has the title, so who knows

Noble has been an agent for years. He's still in that role, but he also plays lackey to the Authority on TV.

Myke, WWE Network is free for November, so you can sign up, watch for 12 days, and pay nothing. Survivor Series is, of course, included.
Will check it out. Sounds like it may be new subscribers only, but hey, might as well.

I signed up for the one week trial a while back and was still able to get the free month this time around.

Even with better internet, WWE Network still crashes on my tablet. It doesn't work on my netbook like it use to, but I can get it going through the Xbox and PS3 unlike last time.

Unrelated, saw Stevie Richards at my gym again this morning. With a dude who i think was Michael Modest, but I'm honestly not sure.
Donovan Morgan is my guess.

Why the hell am I not surprised. Bought the Digital Deluxe edition of WWE2K15 and guess what, it looks like they released a demo or something instead of the real game. You cant choose anything from the main menu but one on one and you can only play as 6 superstars.
That's pretty shitty. Any way to get your money back?

I think that thing with 2K15 is the game is downloading in the background so it gives you just a part of the game to play. When the full game has finished downloading then you can play with anything you want.

I thought Morgan, too. I'm 95% sure it's Modest. Maybe I'll ask if they're in tomorrow (I hate to be that guy, people don't go to the gym to socialize - well, certainly some people don't).

WWE 2K15 is really unimpressive so far on PS4. Collision detection is dreadful. Shoulda picked up GTAV instead. Or played Destiny and saved money.

bread's done
Back