Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

come out    club evryone wit bat than form New horseman Order   takes over compnay then lunches on demand cable channel     the future!!!!!

No offense guys but Survivor Series has really got you on edge. Tone it down. Alluding to someone as a potential serial rapist for posting Survivor Series spoilers is a little much. There is no way the Authority is losing tonight. My guess is Orton attacks both teams. Rollins gets the pinfall victory.

Spoiler: Rollins is cashing in on Reigns at Wrestlemania. My source? My gut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Wade Barrett comes out and says the WWE Network is canceled and they kill the stream during the main event and we all have to see on WWE.com that you know who showed up but only for those in attendance live. #HEEL

It will be interesting to see what the crowd will be like at Survivor Series... I thought about going, but with the whole Ferguson thing I really don't feel safe going downtown. 

Fandango came out to Latin sounding music that fit Rosa but not him. Plus he wrestled in a long sleeved shirt and leather pants. But hey, he won a match, so I'm happy.

Cesaro faced Swagger in the Kickoff "main event". Guess who won. Cesaro went for the triple Germans, but the third got reversed.

Vince/Steph/Triple H/Cena segment to start. Vince said that if Team Authority loses, they will never be in power again unless Cena gives them that power back. Interesting.

Opener for the PPV proper is the tag title 4 way. Just started now. I figured this thread would have some activity with the Network being free.

I wonder who Paige pissed off to get buried that hard. A clean pin scored by Naomi? Did she ask for her release or something?

Anyone else see the live monitor under the ring when Ambrose was getting that ladder out? Wonder which mystery guest is in seclusion down there lol

I am sorry for the double post, but every damn time i see Slater and his massive boobs pecs, it reminds me of this.

http://youtu.be/VAZsBEELqPw

Laughed my ass off at Roman Reign's promo. Dude has a great look, but "I'm gonna take my fist and make it RAIN in this BITCH" had me rolling.

Sting appeared in a WWE ring! Slidecage was pretty much right about something in this thread! The show actually took some surprising twists in getting to that ending as well.

So how many signs of the apocalypse yet remain?

Fandango-Gabriel was nothing, and might've hurt Fandango despite the win since he had no steam before or after it. Swagger-Cesaro was okay, but also nothing special. Tag title match was fine, but not memorable beyond some God-awful commentary and Cody's hissing. Divas tag was awful. Ambrose-Wyatt was fantastic, and a fine redemption match for Bray. The non-finish hurt it a bit, but worked out when they announced the TLC match later. 

I loved Dean using Frye-Takayama, Minoru Suzuki, and the New Japan double countout tease spots throughout this. Rose and Bunny vs. Slater Gator was nothing, but I dug Rose's reaction to the loss. AJ-Nikki was shockingly fast, but it all made sense with the story told of Brie getting revenge on AJ for costing Bryan the title two years ago. Brie turning heel came out of nowhere, but worked here since she hates AJ more than she could ever hate her own sister. Main event was incredible on the whole. They rehabbed Dolph and then some tonight. Sting's debut was just about flawless. I'd have preferred his WCW theme, but his new one was great too. They might've done the staredown a bit too long, but hell, it was a legendary moment.

Screen Gallery - 

www.imagebam.com/gallery/a3hduh3jcmttsw95ro74d3y5wn1m6hgg

Jesus Christ. Hell of a main event. Nothing for me to complain about. Really thought after Zig left just as H and Steph were about to leave they'd have Orton come out and drop him just to add an exclamation. That may have been overkill though.

JVOKVWR.gif

Tsw0Lco.gif

Just had Sting vs. HHH in 2K15 and it ruled. I'm really excited to see what we get from Sting-HHH since Sting can work the Flair formula match very well still - he had a fantastic TV match with Roode and HHH should be able to get a better one than that at WM.

Still not enough for me to pay for the Network out of loyalty to Punk and now AJ. I'll use my the rest of my free month (just signed up tonight to watch it with the Ragtag CAG's,) and will unsubscribe on Sunday night.

Just had Sting vs. HHH in 2K15 and it ruled. I'm really excited to see what we get from Sting-HHH since Sting can work the Flair formula match very well still - he had a fantastic TV match with Roode and HHH should be able to get a better one than that at WM.

Also, New Japan's coming to AXS TV in 2015 -

At the 1:35 mark - TANAHASHI!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_wn56gtg3g

Sting appeared in a WWE ring! Slidecage was pretty much right about something in this thread! The show actually took some surprising twists in getting to that ending as well.

So how many signs of the apocalypse yet remain?
s06e14_231.jpg

Brie's sudden retaliation for AJ costing Bryan the title a few years ago was odd - especially since the announce team didn't sell it but apparently the Spanish team did.

I have him blocked but I have to know: Did Hero To The Masses incorrectly predict the outcome of the PPV? I'm thinking yes.

Loved the show minus Cesaro losing and the squash with AJ. I'd understand it if she's on her way out though.

Damn that pay per view was trying to kill time before the main event as best it could. Even with that the last 40 minutes made up for it completely and Sting's return was done better than I could've hoped.

Also, New Japan's coming to AXS TV in 2015 -

At the 1:35 mark - TANAHASHI!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_wn56gtg3g

A lot of double posts going on. I initially thought Jay just lost track of all the boards he copies and pastes his posts verbatim on and posted it twice, but it looks like the board is screwy.

A lot of double posts going on. I initially thought Jay just lost track of all the boards he copies and pastes his posts verbatim on and posted it twice, but it looks like the board is screwy.
Jay triple-posted. 11:28, 11:52 (adding a video link) and 12:59. In his case, he's the screwy one, not the board. I wonder how many other boards he spams. It has to be a stupid amount if he triple-posts on just one.

I'm honestly surprised he has the time to play the game. Thought for sure he would be going through the SS stream millisecond by millisecond and taking screen caps of AJ and Brie making out.

Still not enough for me to pay for the Network out of loyalty to Punk and now AJ. I'll use my the rest of my free month (just signed up tonight to watch it with the Ragtag CAG's,) and will unsubscribe on Sunday night.
This is about one of the most asinine things I think I have ever heard. I am sure Punk would lose sleep if he found out you subscribed to the network.

What do I remember from the PPV? That one dudes leg shaking like no tomorrow while he was on the turnbuckle, i laughed so hard I spilled hot coffee all over myself.

got to admit now major lag with all of the people watching for free  (well besides  when the main even started) But i think that was my hook up. It just froze and never came back. had to reboot and missed henry getting ko.

Now, I still enjoyed the show and the main event, but I'm also thinking about the concept of "overbooking," as we like to kvetch about.

Is it redundant when PPV main events are "overbooked" according to us? Because there WAS SO MUCH GOING ON in the SS main event, nobody could reasonably say it wasn't overbooked (heel turn, three refs KO'd, surprise appearance by Sting, run-ins by all of The Authority, and I think the announcers kept talking about guys who were eliminated being "fired" - I haven't watched all that much lately, so I dunno what the heck was actually going on half the time).

But, yeah. Cena vs Authority. Overbooked, overcooked. Like when Buddy made breakfast for the family in "Elf." But you know what? Still fun.

So, what does it mean when a wrestling match is "overbooked"? I think that loads of us used to complain about TNA early on, largely when Jeff Jarrett was champion. Was it individual matches that were overbooked, or was this enhanced by the fact that so many of his matches were this way?

I'm largely thinking out loud, but also, in the hindsight of what was both a "kitchen sink" main event as well as a seemingly well-enjoyed main event, trying to figure out what this wrestling concept of overbooking is.

bread's done
Back