Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Great minds think alike?

10h7txt.jpg

They're bringing Joe in solely as the Gilberg to Roman Reign's Goldberg. His brilliant heel advisory of the month will bring in a fat samoan who is fat and can wrestle better than him even though he's fat.

Did I mention he's fat? It'll be funny, because's he's fat! -VKM, 2015

Killer Joe

Bring him to the main show and have him destroy Cena for a while.  Of course, we know how that will all end up, but at least it would be someone new.

Maybe I'm just evil but I was just waiting for him to screw up and crack her head on that diving board on that piledriver.

You should change your name back to whatever it was before you became a complete cocksucker.
If you read my post, clenched your fat, sweaty fists and thought, "What a cocksucker!" then I feel bad for you.

If you thought I was a cocksucker because you Joe is going to be on the main roster, I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty obvious, but by doing so, WWE would be putting TNA over, saying that anyone from their roster is good enough to be on RAW or Smackdown.

If you were just looking for a delayed opportunity to try to shit on me for making fun of you a few months back for being older than 25 years-old and wearing WWE apparel on the daily while typing shit nobody (NOBODY) reads on a nickel-a-dozen Wordpress, then I understand where you're coming from. Keep in mind, that last time, I simply stated that Daniel Bryan looks like a Wholefoods customer, and you went into WWE Defender Mode.

Last edited:
Different audiences, though (both demographics and size). Raw/SD crowds are too big and dumb, but that's where the revenue is.

Main roster dudes may be upset they don't have the opportunity to put on matches quite like NXT folks do, but that's kinda the way it has to be, I suppose. A Raw crowd would have been bored shitless by the submission sequence that started with Sasha Banks' backbreaker floatover into the crossface. It took too long, timewise.

I've long since lost interest in being interested in Raw/SD, though. I mean, I'll watch it from time to time, but very passively - and if something happens I don't like (e.g., Roman Reigns), I don't care. It stinks, sure. But I don't care much at all.

NXT is a great show - good crowd size, good wrestling, great length, and some experimental stuff that clearly won't work on the main show (matches, gimmicks, etc.). But it's hella fun to watch. One hour a week is *perfect* for it.

If you read my post, clenched your fat, sweaty fists and thought, "What a cocksucker!" then I feel bad for you.

If you thought I was a cocksucker because you Joe is going to be on the main roster, I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty obvious, but by doing so, WWE would be putting TNA over, saying that anyone from their roster is good enough to be on RAW or Smackdown.

If you were just looking for a delayed opportunity to try to shit on me for making fun of you a few months back for being older than 25 years-old and wearing WWE apparel on the daily while typing shit nobody (NOBODY) reads on a nickel-a-dozen Wordpress, then I understand where you're coming from. Keep in mind, that last time, I simply stated that Daniel Bryan looks like a Wholefoods customer, and you went into WWE Defender Mode.
No, it has nothing to do with anything you actually said. Ever since you changed your name, you've done absolutely nothing but fucking bitch, whine, and complain in this thread. If you don't enjoy the product, stop fucking watching it. You're essentially Slidecage, only smarky instead of retarded.

Zenithian Legend? Is that you*?

No, it has nothing to do with anything you actually said.
So you called me a name for no reason? :lol:

And please show me some examples of bitching and whining. I've talked bad about the WWE product. That's not bitching or whining. If I were a fan and fully consumed by the product, like you, and consumed it regularly whilst complaining about it... that would be bitching. I don't watch the product and am criticizing it from outside the WWE Universe swirling around your head. You're viewing my criticisms as bitching like that guy who thought he was a horse* who was also fully consumed by the Dubya Dubya Universe.

The only two times I've had a problem with you was just now and the time I quoted a pic of DB and said, and I quote, "Looks like a Wholefoods shopper." Which made you rage for some reason. Neither of those were offensive or bitching, so it's clear that you're only hating on me because I hate on your precious WWE. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm over 25, sometimes wear WWE apparel, and eat lots of meat despite apparently looking like a Whole Foods customer. Do you still love me? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the E signing Joe just to give him the Rhyno treatment on NXT - I don't see Joe paying his dues eventually getting beat by Baron Corbin - he's a main roster talent and property (not saying Owens, Balor, Itami, and Zayn aren't), but I don't see why they would sign a TNA guy just to throw him in that mix.

I see him getting put right in against Cena - think about it - when was the last time a noteworthy guy from a competing company showed up at RAW or a Pay-Per-View?  It generates some interest when a new guy is thrown into the mix on the big show.  Anyways, something to chew on.

Peace,

If he's fired, that legitimizes that he did do those things, and opens up WWE for a lawsuit (or several).

If he resigns, he retains his dignity and WWE avoids looking legally culpable.

Skimming an interview with Paige today or yesterday, she went out of her way to praise the trainers at NXT - and I certainly noticed that she did not mention DeMott at all. It seems that whatever the case with regard to abuse, very, very few people who trained under him have respect or appreciation for him (and that says quite a lot, if people are willing to praise their other teachers, but not you).

Speaking of NXT, they're touring in Ohio this weekend - WWE booked Big Show vs Ryback as a "WWE feature" for last night's NXT show. I can't help but wonder: is that being tonedeaf to the NXT audience, or trolling the NXT audience?

If he's fired, that legitimizes that he did do those things, and opens up WWE for a lawsuit (or several).

Skimming an interview with Paige today or yesterday, she went out of her way to praise the trainers at NXT - and I certainly noticed that she did not mention DeMott at all. It seems that whatever the case with regard to abuse, very, very few people who trained under him have respect or appreciation for him (and that says quite a lot, if people are willing to praise their other teachers, but not you).

Speaking of NXT, they're touring in Ohio this weekend - WWE booked Big Show vs Ryback as a "WWE feature" for last night's NXT show. I can't help but wonder: is that being tonedeaf to the NXT audience, or trolling the NXT audience?
I think it's a statement by Vince that he doubts the draw of a pure NXT show.

Sounds like WWECW all over again. Of all the guys they could "feature" in a match they go with those two? Vince, bubula, get your head out of your ass and know your audience.

I think Hugh G Rection's resignation was more of a forced thing that a voluntary issue. He prolly got a little payday on the down low as a way to get him to go quietly and say something nice on the way out the door.

Loved the show-opening hype video and the opening promo exchange really made Drew Galloway seem like a huge deal. Taz talking about King's capture suplex reminding him of some guy...who was gone. Well, that was a bit sad - that was an Al Bundy lamenting moment there. Fun little match here - I liked Drew's chop to the back, apron tilt a whirl, and use of the Future Shock. Thanks to Dean getting that back over as a finish, it really works well now for him. Good little hype video for the women's title match later. GLORIOUS evil meeting between Bram and Storm. And then Destination America put up another one of those stupid spoiler videos. If you were wondering who wins TONIGHT'S MAIN EVENT, don't bother - they just told you Kurt wins it to face Lashley in April.

Matt-Bram was really fun, although Bram's finisher now being called THE BRIGHTER SIDE OF SUFFERING is stupid. Great promo from Magnus and Spud's new Union Jack suit rules. FANTASTIC promo between EC3 and Spud here. TNA has made a hair vs. hair match seem like a big deal in 2015 - kudos. Spud comes off like the world's tiniest badass - much like a modern Spike Dudley, which fits his finisher nicely.

Knockouts title match was shockingly good given how little Kong can really do. She dominated and looked strong, while Taryn played the face in peril - the DQ finish sucked, but it was building to something bigger and I'm looking forward to the Gail-Taryn-Kong three way. Davey got claw marks shaved into his head - yikes. Tag title match was a fun clusterfuck. Loved the triple dives from the faces. Triple threat main event was okay - it never got out of first gear, and at least they got a finish out of that chairshot to the head. Stupid to do unprotected chairshots at all, let alone in TNA, but whatever - they're not going to learn.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/tna-impact-wrestling-3-6-15.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/3yks1ud4ytm58nqlgwditcnbmk1dy0x1

Of all the people who you might think would support DeMott's supposed methods of training, Bob Holly actually spoke out against it. That surprised me.
I imagine Holly would just beat the crap out of them, not do weird Fratboy hazing bullshit.

Matt Bloom/Albert/Tensai is taking over for DeMott. Seems like a good choice though I imagine Goldust is getting that job once he's done wrestling full time.

Why no Smackdown recap for this week, Jay? I wanted to read your thoughts on the show ending with Daniel Bryan being taken out by Stardust.

I was at the first show in Columbus. The crowd definitely wasn't into the Big Show and Ryback match, but the reports I have read online make it seem like they both got a lot more heat from the crowd than they really did. Of course they were both welcomed into the area with boos and chants like "f**k you Big Show" and "Please Retire".Big Show than grabbed the mic and directly looked at the guys who started the retirement chants and said "I have 10 years left on my guaranteed contract" before being attacked by Ryback and dropping the mic. This prompted us to all chant "10 more years". Ryback wasn't received nearly as poorly as Show, lots of Feed Me More chants and the match itself wasn't terrible either.

Really glad I was able to score a ticket for the first NXT show outside Florida. Hands down one of the best live wrestling experiences I have ever been a part of. The crowd was vocal all night, of course the crowd was 90% smarks. Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Sasha Banks, Enzo and Big Cass were all over big time with the crowd. Owens and Balor were over with just about everyone in the arena, same goes for Enzo and Big Cass, those guys are pure gold on the mic and will have no problem getting over with the same gimmick on the main roster, everyone in the crowd was going along with the usual pre-match promo and it was just a blast to be a part of it.

I'll definitely go to any and every NXT show nearby me from here on out. I was already a huge fan of NXT and always knew they put on a better product than the main-roster and now I know they also put on a vastly superior live event as well. I'll upload some pictures I took at the show as well, I got a few really good ones. If NXT comes around your area though I strongly recommend getting a ticket as quickly as possible, you won't regret it.

It'd be funny if this was an actual release

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20s8u_iPm-w[/youtube]

All it needs is a quote from Mike Graham about Roman Reigns, "Reigns threw a thousand Superman punches, never drew a dime".

Nice report, Sigma. At the end of the day, in person I think even most smarks would find themselves starstruck if they got to see Roman Reigns in such a small environment. Big Show has always seemed like such a nice guy, honestly - I think he's way past long in the tooth for in-ring work - but he's never been (or supposed to have been) a mat technician (i.e., he still serves the function he's meant to). And he's always seemed to have a good humor about being dumped on by the crowd. It's hard to feel anything negative for the guy, then.

Funny thing about NXT is that I hella hella enjoy it, too. I make sure to watch it every week (even if not when it airs). But the thing is? Big Cass and Baron Corbin are no different than Roman Reigns, push notwithstanding: they're big guys with big guy movesets. Baron Corbin is given under-30 second matches for a reason, and his timing in his loss to Adrian Neville (where he was *clearly* supposed to let Bull Dempsey post him into a countout loss, and he fucked that up enough to force an improved pinfall loss - his first ever - with zero buildup or fanfare) shows that motherfucker is green as grass.

I'm not complaining, mind - but the scorn levied at Roman Reigns is not evenly given to other dudes who are comparable workers. I get it: Big Cass ain't going for the title at WrestleMania. But I'm using this more to illustrate that the contempt for Reigns is a bit overstated, honestly (even if I agree with y'all that I'm not into his silver spoon push).

Apples and oranges. Not even remotely comparable.
Yep, not even a little tiny bit. If there's one thing Hugh G Reaction is retaining in this situation, it's complete and total dignity.

if he had some long and storied history of training superstars who named him as a huge part of their success, that's one thing. He was a forgettable lower midcard guy with quite possibly the worst Russo-level name in either major company's history, who went on to a career of "training" people by calling them fags and hitting them in the face with the ring ropes when they weren't expecting it. Looking at it now, I don't really see much dignity to retain in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm trying to say is that legal vs social dignity are two wholly different things. I don't care what your name is or where you are on the card, civil penalties can fuck you.

But if you're simply interested in being right, go and have at it. Maybe you can cheer behind a dude named "Dolph Ziggler" at the same time.

Vince should steal a little from Steiner's Sacrifice promo.

Give us Senior Joe, give him Lesnar's sombrero and find that Mariachi Band he came out to on Smackdown during his first run.

Sounds like a Vince thing to do.

Vince should steal a little from Steiner's Sacrifice promo. Give us Senior Joe, give him Lesnar's sombrero and find that Mariachi Band he came out to on Smackdown during his first run. Sounds like a Vince thing to do.
Better yet, have him debut as Juan Cena. Make it out like he was always the man under the mask. Pretending he is Spanish will get back the crowd they will lose with Alberto and Rey Jr leaving. I can smell the pesos already. Arriba la raza. Or even better have him come in as the Frito Bandito!!

Nice report, Sigma. At the end of the day, in person I think even most smarks would find themselves starstruck if they got to see Roman Reigns in such a small environment. Big Show has always seemed like such a nice guy, honestly - I think he's way past long in the tooth for in-ring work - but he's never been (or supposed to have been) a mat technician (i.e., he still serves the function he's meant to). And he's always seemed to have a good humor about being dumped on by the crowd. It's hard to feel anything negative for the guy, then.

Funny thing about NXT is that I hella hella enjoy it, too. I make sure to watch it every week (even if not when it airs). But the thing is? Big Cass and Baron Corbin are no different than Roman Reigns, push notwithstanding: they're big guys with big guy movesets. Baron Corbin is given under-30 second matches for a reason, and his timing in his loss to Adrian Neville (where he was *clearly* supposed to let Bull Dempsey post him into a countout loss, and he fucked that up enough to force an improved pinfall loss - his first ever - with zero buildup or fanfare) shows that motherfucker is green as grass.

I'm not complaining, mind - but the scorn levied at Roman Reigns is not evenly given to other dudes who are comparable workers. I get it: Big Cass ain't going for the title at WrestleMania. But I'm using this more to illustrate that the contempt for Reigns is a bit overstated, honestly (even if I agree with y'all that I'm not into his silver spoon push).
I don't think Reigns is a terrible wrestler by any means, he isn't on the same level as guys like Bryan and Ziggler, but he isn't the worst. He does a decent job in the ring. The problem with Roman is that he can't cut a promo to save his life, the guy is just bad on the stick. The difference between Big Cass and Roman Reigns is that Cass knows how to work a crowd on the mic and it helps that he has the extremely charismatic Enzo Amore by his side. As for Baron Corbin, he is certainly greener than grass. After seeing him up against Tyson Kidd at the NXT show in Columbus, it showed big time. Easily the most boring match of the night IMO, Kidd was great and managed to carry the entire match, but Corbin looked slow and just not even close to being ready for the main roster. Tyson managed to make Corbin look as good as he possibly could and then ate an End of Days for the loss, but the crowd was really against Corbin and cheered Tyson big time. Tyson played the face in this match as a result. I think Corbin has a huge upside if he can improve in the ring, but he has the type of character that would benefit from a manager.

Here is the thing about Reigns and his mic skills. We don't know what they really are or are not, due to how he is doing these shitty Vince written sufferin succotash promos. Honestly though, if they want to build him to be a big Samoan badass, why even worry with him having mic skills yet? Let be be a silent but deadly enforcer type who speaks by his actions. Nobody wants to hear Bork cut a promo, they want to see him kick some ass. Let Reigns be that way for a while, give him a mouthpiece to do his talking for him and to teach him over time. THEN, when the time is right let him speak for himself.

Devils' advocate: In an era where everyone (to my knowledge) has their stuff scripted out (not bullets, but sentences) in advance, is it fair to say anyone has good mic skills?

I mean, sure, some people cut good promos and some don't - but perhaps that's on the writers to a large degree?

Enzo and Cass are entertaining, sure, but they also say the same thing each week - while I'm reluctant to say they have poor mic skills, if there's potential there, I'm not sure I'm seeing it.

Reigns is not a very good wrestler as far as I'm concerned; the RR match was supposed to put him over, but he sat on his ass in the corner for nearly the whole thing. You can't put someone in the title match on your marquee show if you have to protect them - that's inane booking.

He also has to have a different gesture to set up for his finisher; 'cocking' his arm the way he does always looks to me like he's telling his opponent that he's about to fist them. Egads.

bread's done
Back