Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Triple H be damned, I liked the props and the full size T-1000s.

Apparently his terminator inspired gear had wet paint as part of it rubbed off on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, what the fuck is going on in this match?! Is it 1998 again?

And did Nash just tear his fuck ing quad?

Overbooked mess and wrong ending. Guess shouldn't be surprised by it with Trips being in the match and since from the start they've hyped it as WWE vs WCW, but still. Garbage.

The whole match was awful. Didn't need the run ins, especially since half of them didn't make sense historically. Sting deserved better. At least Walking Dead starts in a few.

Maybe they'll do a full DDP and have Steph beat him tomorrow.

Man did the wrong guy go over in that match. I guess Vince just wanted to bury WCW one last time.
Bingo. It's lazy and too easy to say this is on HHH's ego, when Sting = WCW.

2015, it still hurts. Funny to still hear all the "Ted Turner's checkbook" stuff on WWE network programming when they're the company trying to purge talent from the indies and also prevent them from running WM weekend shows. I don't *blame* WWE (I'm legit stoked at the idea of NXT at the ECW arena), I just think it's silly, petty, and hypocritical.

Y'all are makin' loads of money now and the only game in town. Maybe y'all should stop being so insecure and thin-skinned.

I uploaded this picture I took in case anyone didn't see Triple H's entrance attire:

rw5oow.jpg

I missed that because was taking a leak.

Kinda glad I did, that is ridiculous...of course not as ridiculous as the ending to the match.

What is he a goddamn transformer now?

The entrances are a fuckin' laugh riot.

Rusev on a tank.

ON A TANK.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's hilarious in an entertaining way.

They just photo-dropped Rosa Parks in Cena's entrance?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

John Cena Sucks chant, love it.

And Vince's hard-on for Republic party was on full show in that video.

The Cena boos are making the night better

Bingo. It's lazy and too easy to say this is on HHH's ego, when Sting = WCW.

2015, it still hurts. Funny to still hear all the "Ted Turner's checkbook" stuff on WWE network programming when they're the company trying to purge talent from the indies and also prevent them from running WM weekend shows. I don't *blame* WWE (I'm legit stoked at the idea of NXT at the ECW arena), I just think it's silly, petty, and hypocritical.

Y'all are makin' loads of money now and the only game in town. Maybe y'all should stop being so insecure and thin-skinned.
I haven't heard anything about that. Do you have any further info or links?

Well....Reigns is definitely winning....

Did they try to sharpie out the Under Armor logo on the Rock's gear?

I haven't heard anything about that. Do you have any further info or links?
Ehhhh, some dirt sheet stuff saying they were looking to book up a buncha venues in Dallas in advance to ensure ancillary shows don't run. I mean, to their credit, it's a bit of coattail riding to do that; on the other hand, it's definitely added economic activity to the metro area (and makes citing economics easier in terms of begging for tax credits to run WM in your city).

So, in short, nah, not really. Nothing *credible*, per se.

Zzz

Just delaying it for it to get dark for takers enterance.
That was my theory, too. They wasted a *lot* of time and seem to be rushing the last hour. Which is funny, b/c at 8:45 (eastern), I thought "man, 2 plus hours and three matches? how will they fill the time?"

Heh.

Tag title thing was a thing. They had something special with Mizdow for a bit there, but Show didn't just take him out - but killed Itami too. At least they gave Show an on-paper push for a Reigns match. Ladder match didn't have a ton of stunt bumps, but Wade killed himself on a superplex and Dean took a sicker one off a powerbomb. Bryan wins the thing.

Orton vs. Seth had a great pop-up RKO finish. Sting vs. HHH was basically Sting vs. Hogan at BFG, but even more of a clusterfuck. Surreal to see Hogan punching AND BUMPING FOR X-Pac. HHH  won, because of course he did in the WWE vs. WCW match, and he got the most masturbatory entrance ever. NWO vs. DX stuff was cute and I wouldn't mind a tag match.

Divas tag was a thing. Poor Lanny "Pofo". Loved the Rusev intro so much. Can't believe that Cena got booed after THE biggest AMERICA RAH RAH video ever. This was easily the best match on the card so far. Cena and Rusev have excellent chemistry and Rusev has become a real main event-level act in just about a year. The Rock n' Rowdy Connection thing was so much fun. That'll make for a fun WM 32 deal. 

Taker vs. Bray overdelivered. Taker looked great, but Bray, as always, killed the match on offense. Brock was the motherfucking man throughout everything. Still knee to Brock from Roman on the apron. 3 F5s took out Taker, BUT NOT THE BIG DOG! Seth's cash-in was amazing! I was marking out so hard to see him win this. It's the absolute best way out of a bad situation, and gives them a lot of directions to go in.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-wrestlemania-31.html

Screens -

Kickoff pt 1- 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/c3k3cg4syl3maytbnd19od6eo0hq5q8h

Kickoff pt 2 - 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/h4yyv10m2igvac03mmu6850nqkv3s519

WM part 1 - 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9ye68m7i2soz9j58x82mo21e3hrlt4g2

WM part 2 - 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ffytetd7n1ixihs2njk5r6yujsydr0p7

WM part 3 - 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6balcsn75mpdya7c657thrgzg454sh3z

WM part 4 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/xxq0tgo2l7ff0kvf7ajznlziz0wg62q4

It's funny. I was completely looking forward to hating WM this year, but with a few exceptions (Sting losing, Bray/Taker not living up to my expectations) it was an damn good show.

I'm glad I renewed my network subscription to watch it.

Makes me wonder if they planned that on the go.  As the crowd was shitting on Reigns the whole match.   As you don't want to end the event with the whole crowd booing your supposed babyface winning like at the Royal Rumble.

Still glad that they ended the show with Rollins winning instead of Reigns.  But still pissed the way the Triple H vs Sting match went.  Guess Vince still wants to mention killing WCW 14 years after he put them out of business.

The divas match was still the bathroom break match of the night(why not do a title match instead of a tag match?).

Shitty ending. Good, not great show. Sting vs HHH did a nice job of filling the "thank god wrestling is stupid" quota. I would have given anything to see HHH stumble over backwards wearing all that dumb Terminator shit while coming up through the stage.

bread's done
Back