Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

He's just milking WWE'S titty. Dude should have retired years ago.

As for the Owen stuff, the guy was a mid card his entire career. Did he ever win the heavyweight title? The only time I remember he was wrestling in the spotlight was when he feuded with Bret.

He's just milking WWE'S titty. Dude should have retired years ago.

As for the Owen stuff, the guy was a mid card his entire career. Did he ever win the heavyweight title? The only time I remember he was wrestling in the spotlight was when he feuded with Bret.
Owen was one of the best performers of his generation and many believe he would have won the World Heavyweight Title numerous times if he would have lived. Owen had more than just the feud with Bret though, I always will remember Owen for his King of the Ring win and King of Harts character as well as his feud with Steve Austin after Owen 3:16 just broke that neck!

Owen Hart is a guy like Mr. Perfect, Piper, and numerous other legends and Hall of Fame members who never did win the the big gold belt, but are still considered legends and deserve a spot.

Undertaker as grumpy old dude that appears from nowhere to kick you in the dick is a fannnnntastic gimmick change.
undertaker used to be someone you could look up to, now he just attacks from behind. does a low blow. its making him look like a poor loser coward who could not win a real battle

they could of done so much with undertaker and brock but that chance is long game .... Allow Brock to win title, undertaker comes back beats Brock, Next day show undertaker getting buried with the old title, Triple H comes out saying that was the past and here is the future (brings out new title with seth--- before he won the title)

who would even care Sting vs undertaker , Then again who even care about undertakers match at WM. You knew for a fact he would win at WM why would the make undertaker lose to a no name

More guys confirmed for 2K16:

Adam Rose
Zack Ryder
Bo Dallas
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
Brock Lesnar
Goldust
Heath Slater
Hideo Itami
Jack Swagger
Kevin Owens
Neville
Sami Zayn
Roman Reigns
Stardust
Tyler Breeze
Sting
Ultimate Warrior
Ric Flair

I hope that's classic Flair and not saggy-tittied WWE Flair. 

Soo Eva Marie is on the card for NXT Takeover: Brooklyn. Seems kind of odd, but I guess it's for a segment of Total Divas where she gets booed out of the Barclays Center.

Those of you that think Owen is not worthy of the Hall of Fame need to look at who is actually in. Owen was easily in the upper third of that list.

I'm sensing an Ambrose heel-turn and a Blue Pants assist for the Vaudevillians.
After hearing Ambrose on commentary Monday I would have to agree, lots of hints at him joining the Wyatt's. Blue Pants also makes a ton of sense for the equalizer for Alexa Bliss. She fits with the Vaudevillians and they just put out a shirt for her so it makes sense she'd be getting more TV time by being associated with the gentleman grapplers.

I'm getting hyped for SummerSlam just because, for the last week or so, all my "memories" on Facebook have been SummerSlams in LA or the Raw episodes the night after from LA/San Diego/Anaheim.

How in the world does Blue Pants "fit" the Vaudevillains? I don't follow.
She looks the part. They could easily repackage her to fit the gimmick since her current gimmick is literally based around the fact that she wears blue pants. I can't think of any other woman in NXT currently who would fit in with the Vaudevillains more than Leva Bates.

I hate the idea of an Ambrose turn, but it sure looks like they are going that way. Since it seems kind of obvious at this point I'd guess they'd hold it off a month or two, but I'd assume it's coming eventually.

Not everything in wrestling has to be a fucking sweve. Ambrose and Reigns as tough dudes that watch each other's back but have singles title aspirations is just fine as it is. Also, I wouldn't bank on Ambrose being the bad guy doing much to help the slowly-being-rehabbed Reigns reaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the idea of an Ambrose turn, but it sure looks like they are going that way. Since it seems kind of obvious at this point I'd guess they'd hold it off a month or two, but I'd assume it's coming eventually.

Not everything in wrestling has to be a fucking sweve. Ambrose and Reigns as tough dudes that watch each other's back but have singles title aspirations is just fine as it is. Also, I wouldn't bank on Ambrose being the bad guy doing much to help the slowly-being-rehabbed Reigns reaction.
I think Dean works better as a heel personally, I also find his current character to be incredibly stale and boring right now. I don't know if joining the Wyatt's will be great, but it's different and that is what I want.

I don't like the idea of an Ambrose turn, especially if he joins the Wyatts, that shit will be awful after about 1 week. I really like him and Roman as a team right now, it helps both guys imo. In fact, screw a heel turn, have them team up and go for the tag belts. If they were tag champs that could be the equal to Cena being the US champ right now, instantly elevate those belts. I like PTP quite a bit but those titles are still stuck in absolute hell right now. Every PPV when the tag belts are either the preshow match or are defended in some multiple team gimmick match (aka this Sunday's match) a little more of my childhood dies.

I don't miss them much. I wish some time was spent trying to get Lucha Dragons over. They don't have to win titles, but they're put out in matches fans don't give a fuck about and have been in zero feuds thus far. Creative has nothing for them from the get go. Ick.

Maybe I'm alone, but I can't see what anyone sees in Mojo Rawley (except perhaps a meal ticket to Gronk appearances on Raw). The dude looks and acts like every clip of guy-auditioning-for-a-reality-show-acting-like-a-jackass that, if you watch reality tv, you see on the "bloopers" episode where they show clips of all the people who tried out but clearly weren't going to be selected. And he's a shit wrestler to boot. Can someone who likes him (or perhaps sees potential in him) tell me what I'm not seeing? I swear I'll try to listen and be reasonable (and not just try to prove my point over and over, as is the internet way of arguing things).

OTOH, I see that Baron Corbin has a lot of potential, too. Good look, good attire, quality finisher. He's still a shite wrestler, but you can watch him and see that his presence on tv and in the ring shows some kind of upside - once he learns to goddamn wrestle.

I'm enjoying the tag division mostly because of New Day. The Usos I have nothing against, but they're always the go to tag champions that I prefer them out of the picture for at least a little bit.

Oh, heck yes. New Day took a shit gimmick (another black stereotype from WWE, this time revival church protestants) and have turned it into something amazing - even borrowing from 2 Live Crew in the process.

New Day is easily the best thing on WWE tv nowadays. Those guys deserve massive respect for going all out with that gimmick and making it work.

Yeah I'm starting to enjoy New Day more and more as time goes on. I was not into them at first, but as they changed it up quite a bit, it started to work really well for them. 

As for Ambrose doing a heel turn, idk about it. I prefer the heel Ambrose over face Ambrose, but I'm not too into the idea of him joining the Wyatts. Idk, I suppose it could work though. 

Yeah I'm starting to enjoy New Day more and more as time goes on. I was not into them at first, but as they changed it up quite a bit, it started to work really well for them.

As for Ambrose doing a heel turn, idk about it. I prefer the heel Ambrose over face Ambrose, but I'm not too into the idea of him joining the Wyatts. Idk, I suppose it could work though.
New Day is killing it, those guys are all on fire. Especially Xaiver Woods, that dude is incredibly entertaining just yelling at ringside.

Ambrose joining the Wyatt's wouldn't be my first pick for turning Dean heel, but anything to change it up with him is good to me. I've become incredibly board with Dean Ambrose as a whole. His character is boring and his ring work has gotten boring as well, I am not into his signature and finishing moves at all and his character has gotten more than stale at this point. The Wyatt's are also in need of something new as well. I love the gimmick and just about everything about both Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper, but they need direction and a clear end goal because they have never had that it's been a constant retread for them in every feud they have. What was the point of the feud with Kane when he just returned and wore dress pants as ring attire?

I don't think Ambrose turning heels means he's joining Wyatt.
True, he could just turn on Reigns during the match and not join the Wyatt Family. I'd be alright with an Ambrose and Reigns feud, it's way more interesting than seeing them bro it up every week.

I think it would be more interesting if Bray Wyatt turned face tbh. You talk about a stale situation I don't think the crowd gives two solitary shits about him at this point as a bad guy. But he is very charismatic and could get the crowd behind him fairly quickly if done right.

I think it would be more interesting if Bray Wyatt turned face tbh. You talk about a stale situation I don't think the crowd gives two solitary shits about him at this point as a bad guy. But he is very charismatic and could get the crowd behind him fairly quickly if done right.
I've been thinking that for awhile now. The only thing I can think of that would make sense is to have Bray feud with Sheamus and coax him into putting his briefcase up in a match or simply straight-out attacking Rollins.

In reality, this is WWE: IF they go face with Bray they will likely just have him save random faces with no rhyme or reason and then start teaming with El Torito because the kids would love that.

I don't miss them much. I wish some time was spent trying to get Lucha Dragons over. They don't have to win titles, but they're put out in matches fans don't give a fuck about and have been in zero feuds thus far. Creative has nothing for them from the get go. Ick.
This is especially frustrating thinking about that incredible match they put on the RAW right after 'mania. Those dides can go.

I'm with you guys on New Day. Talk about doing a complete *180. The last time I can recall someone turning things around with such success was Santino's initial comedy heel run.

I was lucky enough to get in on the AE presale for Takeover and so I've got 4th row tonight. 2nd time in NYC but first time in Brooklyn. Super excited.

Bayley and Sasha Banks killed it tonight. Their time was well deserved.

Also, the top 3 2015 WWE PPVS:

1) Wrestlemania 31 (76,900+)
2) Royal Rumble (17,000+)
3) NXT Takeover: Brooklyn (15,500+)

Oh, it definitely is a candidate. Sasha vs. Bayley was right up there with Cena/Owens and the Rumble triple threat as my WWE MOTY candidates thus far.

think is obvious but the cena match will end in count out or dq neither loose belts. how about this undertaker choke slam lesnar through the ring both go through and never to be seen again. chokeslam to hell and both retire neither one wins or looses

Is it just me or are there some different camera angles being used in this opening match? Something is different about the picture but I can't pinpoint it and I'm leaning towards camera angles. Maybe the zoom?

Lesnar really likes the word bitch.

That visual of Taker laughing is both awesome and massively creepy at the same time.

Only good thing to come out of that match

gOQAggG.gif

Man, I can't help, but feel the people in attendance for Summerslam wish they had just gotten NXT Takeover tickets after that garbage of an ending.

bread's done
Back