Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

He lives in my part of town (or at least he used to, I ran into him at a Mexican restaurant during his Consequences Creed days).
Yeah, I got the feeling he lived near the Atlanta area since he likes posting pictures of Atlanta based cons, unfortunately I visit that area once a year just for Dragon Con.

Neo did you see Sabu has a booking in town on Sunday? Have you ever been to an Atlanta Wrestling Entertainment show? Looks like it could be a good time. http://atlantawrestlingentertainment.com/index/
I heard about it at the Ring of Honor show on 8/29. I haven't been before but I might check one out at some point. I already have plans for Sunday so that's spoken for.

I don't think I posted here about the ROH show but it was great, even better than the show back in February. Of course, having ringside seats certainly helps with that, although seeing Mark Brisco scaffold dive onto Matt Taven at the last show was definitely the high point of all my ROH shows. I'll definitely be getting tickets to the next one.

Took a flight down to tampa today missed my original connecting flight and had to connect in philly as opposed to charlotte, anyways on my flight to tampa was a feww soopah stars  we saw Sheamus, Bo Dallas Bray Wyatt, connor from ascesion and jack swagger. i asked sheamus were the MITB briefcase was cuz it wasn't his carry on lol . funny thing was they were all in coach and in seperate seats

couldnt say too much else as my wife said i was embarassing her lol

Random thought - poor Sandow hasn't done a fucking thing since he stopped being Mizdow.

Kinda Virgil all over again - the payoff of the inevitable feud was the end of them being worth watching (for now).

I personally feel they have missed opportunity after opportunity with Sandow. He has been handed turd after turd and just kept on polishing and being a good company man. I have also read numerous stories about the guy feeding the homeless or doing other charitable and respectable things. Cena has done a great job putting people over on the midcard recently. Maybe have Sandow be one of the few people who actually gets Cenas goat with his impersonations? I could see comedy gold in that if Cena truly let Sandow get under his skin.

Virgil and Alex Riley can welcome Sandow to their support group.

----

I paid money to see the Ambrose movie. In a theater. There were six people there total, including me. I just really want to see that dude succeed so I felt the least I can do is put down 6 bucks to watch his direct to video movie that's in theaters for one weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved mizdow. They just didn't want to over do it but seems like creative is stuck not knowing what to do with Sandow now.
I wouldn't put it all on creative. It's easy and tempting to do so. But Sandow has had a LOT of chances to succeed and get over. Unfortunately for him, the "Virgil" storyline (let's just simplify it by calling it that) inevitably *must* have a payoff where the subservient dude snaps and takes out their master (in this case, Miz).

On the upside, it created some great wrestlemania moments worth going back and watching again.

On the downside, they went to the finish of this angle without having an idea what to do afterwards. If nobody knows what to do, that's on creative, that's on the writers, and that's on the wrestler themselves.

Mostly - it's hard for me to feel bad for a wrestler if they're saddled with a shite gimmick right now, since one of the absolute HIGHLIGHTS of WWE the last month or two has been New Day. Those guys took some pretty racially tinged chicken shit (in terms of their gimmick) and turned into serious chicken salad.

The day when mykevermin can post something not calling someone or something racist will be a wonderful day :D

Sandows problem was his whole gimmick that got over was a comedic one. They run their course. Most guys who get stuck in these joke characters do so because they arent able to get anything else over. Its pretty simple to get cheap laughs from someone for a few months. Once the joke grows tired these guys usually just fade away. If these guys couldnt get over before the comedy stuff, there is no reason to think they will be able to after it is over. So no loss.

Random thought - poor Sandow hasn't done a fucking thing since he stopped being Mizdow.

Kinda Virgil all over again - the payoff of the inevitable feud was the end of them being worth watching (for now).
Sandow has been annoying everyone who watches UpUpDownDown on YouTube as his alias, Sizzle and I hope he never tries that gimmick on WWE TV because it's terrible.

He's going to break Big Show's record for heel/face turns.
No one will ever beat Show. At this rate I think the writers are even aware of it and making fun of it. Just take this past Smackdown, he came down during the Cesaro/Miz match and runs Miz off to the back so he's a face right? Then as he turns back and walks down the aisle he hits Cesaro with a KO punch just cause he was near him.

I wonder who will be joining Ambrose and Reigns at NoC... I'm guessin either Samoa Joe, Eric Rowen or Jimmy Uso.

...It will probably be Rowen.
I hope it's not Rowan since he had reunited with Luke Harper prior to getting injured.

What if it's someone really random like Baron Corbin?

I hope it's not Rowan since he had reunited with Luke Harper prior to getting injured.

What if it's someone really random like Baron Corbin?
Whens Reigns said that line to Wyatt about how Wyatt surrounded himself with monsters, I thought for sure that was when they were going to introduce Kane as the partner. I guess we'll see.

Smart money is on Kane so it fits the monster to fight a monster mold, but who knows. Regardless of who it is, Ogre will lay out all three of them when the match is over.

Anyway, I'm 100% serious when I say since I didn't watch I can't tell if this was actually Ryback's promo or just something my friend sent to me while we were mocking Ryback.

"AT NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS ALL BELTS ARE ON THE LINE AND I SHALL REIGN. FEED ME MORE VERSUS THE FIGHT OWENS FIGHT MAN IN THIS VERY RING AND MAY LET THE STRONGEST SURVIVE AND BE SUPREME WITH INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPYUNSHIP OH HELL YEAH THEY CALL ME THE BIG GUY"

That happened. Ryback also tried to sing Elvis.

My main concern with the Ryback v Owens match is Ryback is a terrible wrestler and has a tendency to hurt people.

The written version of that promo is like a 2.5 on a scale from 1 to Ultimate Warrior. If he can start being incoherently absurd in his promos, I think I might start liking him.

No one will ever beat Show. At this rate I think the writers are even aware of it and making fun of it. Just take this past Smackdown, he came down during the Cesaro/Miz match and runs Miz off to the back so he's a face right? Then as he turns back and walks down the aisle he hits Cesaro with a KO punch just cause he was near him.
They book Big Show like they write Total Divas. He's basically both Bellas.

I cringed a little when Miz referred to the upcoming PPV as "Hell in a Cell". In regards to who's teaming with Ambrose and Reigns, my guess would be The Rock. He'd make for a great crowd pop and would sell anything Grizzly Addams does in a way that might make D-Von jealous.

I cringed a little when Miz referred to the upcoming PPV as "Hell in a Cell". In regards to who's teaming with Ambrose and Reigns, my guess would be The Rock. He'd make for a great crowd pop and would sell anything Grizzly Addams does in a way that might make D-Von jealous.
I don't think it would be The Rock. It wouldn't make any sense to have Rock come in and get demolish The Wyatt Family and I couldn't see them getting the upper hand of The Rock either. I still think we will get an NXT call-up. Baron Corbin seems likely, but I honestly would prefer they bring up Samoa Joe as he is already established and with Regins being a Samoan as well it makes more sense then bringing up Corbin who is doing much better work as a heel right now. Having Corbin debut on the main roster as a face right now just doesn't make any sense. What will probably really happen though is that R-Truth will somehow randomly be the third man and he'll have a month of actually being used before fading away again until he is needed to be randomly inserted in a feud again.

Roman says, "You took out my family, so I called in yours." Everyone expects Rowan, and instead Bo comes out, revealing himself as Wyatt's true brother and exposing Bray as the outcast/loser of the family. It's genius. 10/10.

I predict a mirror-image of Wrestlemania for the main event: Both guys are "down and out", here comes Sheamus, cashes in which makes it a triple-threat, hits Seth with the kick, Sting grabs Sheamus and Death Drops him, pinning him and winning the title. Seth complains on Raw that he was never pinned and should still be champion.

Also, I've had a few beers so my Nostradamus (or Quasimodo) may be broken.

This is great

fark_XD6LZ4phf2jpZiWfLp_fZYKXzHM.jpg

I can't even. That finish sequence seemed like WWE parodying itself. Back to back championship matches, second against an old part-time wrestler who gets hurt, unsatisfying roll-up finish, out comes MITB winner, cash-in thwarted by Kane, EXCEPT IT'S NOT JUST KANE IT'S NEW OLD KANE NOT KANE WHO WAS THE KANE WHEN HE LEFT A MONTH AGO IT'S NEW GOOD BAD GUY NOW IN AN OLD MASK KANE????!!?!

Pretty sure it was legit, people who were there at the show are saying he needed a lot of help to get to the back. Dont think it was injury but more like he got the wind knocked out of him (most likely from the table spot and that 2nd buckle bomb)

I laughed out loud the whole match thanks to the guy with the trumpet. Hilarious.
Trombone. IT'S A TROMBONE!

And that Sting table spot was fucking nasty. The fact that the monitors weren't removed could've ended that spot super horribly, but even then that was a damn good match with Sting and Rollins. And Xavier Woods as Rufio was fucking fantastic.

anyone notice Xavier Woods play the Final Fantasy end of battle song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC8XdD3ugp4

it is at the 32 second mark about.

Night of Champions was a solid show all around. Glad to see Owens win the IC title, maybe now we will finally see some prestige put back into that belt. New Day.... rocked! Xaiver Woods with the Rufio hair was gold and of course his antics throughout were entertaining. The Dudley Boyz looked great as well and I am glad that it looks like this excellent feud will continue. Charlotte winning the Diva's title was a great moment as well, hopefully she trashes that stupid belt and brings in a real Women's Title now. Jericho as the third man was kinda meh, but it makes sense with the history between Y2J and Wyatt and him losing just furthers the storyline and he made Strowman look like an absolute monster. Then we have Seth Rollins who had two excellent matches back to back and walked away with the title that matters. Of course the predictable Kane return happened and while I was glad to see Kane with the mask again, at this point we've seen him with the mask and without it so many times though that I just don't really care anymore, but this will give Rollins something to do for the next month until a real challenger for the title comes into the picture.

So, ending of the match seemed weird. Legit injury or work?
Spoilers for the PPV below.

I trust Meltzer, and he's saying Sting suffered a legitimate neck injury on the turnbuckle power bomb spot near the end. No one is sure how serious it is yet because it's too early to tell. I'm sure we'll know more soon.

So, ending of the match seemed weird. Legit injury or work?
Spoilers for the PPV below.

I trust Meltzer, and he's saying Sting suffered a legitimate neck injury on the turnbuckle power bomb spot near the end. No one is sure how serious it is yet because it's too early to tell. I'm sure we'll know more soon.

If Sting does have a neck injury and its bad at all that is going to be hard to come back from at his age. He may have a few more matches but I wonder how many main events or top matches they would realistically put him in. Its just sad because he had such a unique run. He was a different wrestler, had a different gimmick and had a real mystique even before the whole never coming to the WWE thing. I do not think making a WWE run was a bad idea, but I think he just let them absolutely use him and make a joke out of him. He will retire as just another wrestler now after the stupid NWO/DX feud where he lost to HHH and a few insignificant appearances and matches after. He had an opportunity that few people in this industry or just life in general have. He had a chance to write his own legacy, and he pissed it away. Do not get me wrong, the guy is still a hall of famer and will be remembered, respected and worshiped at a level second to only a few guys like Flair. But he could have wrote the end of his story in a blaze, in mystique, in defiance or so many interesting ways, instead he went out like any other Wrestler.

many were saying taker would just retire or push back to next wm
Wrestlemania would have made a lot more sense.

I'm wondering if they're doing it now because they wanted Taker/Sting for Mania. Uh oh.

On a related note, I feel really bad for Sting. Everything about last night is just depressing, other than him actually having an OK match with Rollins.

I hadn't watched the Sting match yet, but I'd heard he had an injury. Having just seen it this afternoon, I was looking for when it might have occurred. I don't think it was just from that second turnbuckle powerbomb. He was shaking out his hands before that, like he didn't have full feeling in them. 

bread's done
Back