Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Is Biff going to be a "Big Bully"? Harvey needs work!
yes-gif.gif

Is it true you can't even used that licensed soundtrack music for entrance themes in the game? Can't believe we're still having to have this limited entrance music discussion when the goddamn FIRST Xbox solved the issue.

• Billy Idol – “Rebel Yell”
• Diplo (feat. Faustix & Imanos and Kai) – “Revolution”
• Fashawn (feat. Nas & Aloe Blacc) – “Something To Believe In”
• Kid Ink – “Hello World”
• Marilyn Manson – “Deep Six”
• MGK (feat. Victoria Monet) – “A Little More”
• Run-DMC – “It’s Tricky”
• Skid Row – “Youth Gone Wild”
• Twenty One Pilots – “Heavydirtysoul”
• Yelawolf – “Till It’s Gone” [Dan Heath Remix]
• Zac Brown Band (feat. Chris Cornell) – “Heavy Is The Hand”
• Zedd (feat. Logic and X-Ambassadors) – “Transmission”
I am so glad they allowed for the default music to be turned off and replaced with superstar themes this year.

Is it true you can't even used that licensed soundtrack music for entrance themes in the game? Can't believe we're still having to have this limited entrance music discussion when the goddamn FIRST Xbox solved the issue.
wait...what? can you elaborate on what this means?

Just skimmed an interview w/ Batista (promoting the new Bond movie) where he said that he butted heads w/ WWE and wanted his last run to include coming back as a heel. He says that he argued being a face wouldn't work, the crowd would hate it, etc. etc.

So here we have two possibilities:

1) He's telling the truth and WWE wasn't listening before or during his return. It took a near fan revolt for them to change.

2) He's being dishonest and rewriting history to make it seem like he was able to determine how the crowd would handle him, suggesting he knew better when WWE didn't.

Both seem plausible. WWE's incredible reluctance to change paths despite fans shitting all over the latest push (Reigns) is definitley a good likelyhood. OTOH, I'm not sure I believe that Batista doesn't see himself as a face.

I believe Batista 100%.

Just look at the way he left WWE before his return. The crowd HATED him and cheered when he said he was leaving. There was no "Thank You Dave" chants during that time, it was cheers of joy that he was going away. He had beyond XPac heat on him. So for anyone to think he should return as a good guy and go over a guy who had the entire WWE Universe on their side would be demented. Also, Batista said pretty much the same thing in an interview a few weeks after his RR return.

I skimmed through "Brock Lesnar Guy's" Instagram and I couldn't help but chuckle when he posted a picture of the first Linkin Park album saying it "changed his life".

Is this guy trolling us or is he just "that guy"?

on PS4 you can use spotify to play themes over the entrances, but it doesn't solve the issue and it's just playing the right theme on top of the game audio. It's lame as hell. It didn't work in 2K15 and still doesn't work in 2K16.

wait...what? can you elaborate on what this means?
Read something where someone was complaining about how they have all this licensed music in the game but it can't actually be used for entrance themes (so you're not going to have Undertaker prance out to the ring to "It's Tricky"). Was just looking for confirmation.

The Spotify thing above is hilarious. It's really depressing how far custom soundtrack support has regressed since the Xbox days.

Read something where someone was complaining about how they have all this licensed music in the game but it can't actually be used for entrance themes (so you're not going to have Undertaker prance out to the ring to "It's Tricky"). Was just looking for confirmation.

The Spotify thing above is hilarious. It's really depressing how far custom soundtrack support has regressed since the Xbox days.
Ah-ha. I was more concerned that I couldn't use my old "Aldo Montoya" theme on that particular CAW, etc etc.

As long as that's okay (aside from the taste concerns implicit in creating a Portuguese Man-o-War CAW), I'm cool.

So to hype Survivor Series, Raw airs a montage of last year's main event and act like Sting never showed up.

Am I missing something?

BTW, the divas match was the highlight of last night's Raw IMO.  

Well that and Cesaro cursing on camera.

So to hype Survivor Series, Raw airs a montage of last year's main event and act like Sting never showed up.

Am I missing something?

BTW, the divas match was the highlight of last night's Raw IMO.

Well that and Cesaro cursing on camera.
I thought that was odd as well. They also didn't mention that whole angle was pointless as The Authority was back in power after a week.

So it looks like Rollins may have hurt his knee in a house show with Kane. Ugh.

Those new shirts on WWE.COM....LAME.  

"Bray Introduced me to Sister Abigail". LOL

Yeah it would be nice to be able to use any music on WWE 2K16. It's weird that it's not allowed. 

And Crews-Balor was great, minus the ending, but that came as no surprise with it being a non Takeover event. Though it gets me excited to see those two go at it at an actual Takeover match whenever that happens.

Also I can't deny that Balor is by far the most handsome man in all of wrestling. Normally I would give a wrestler shit for flashing me by opening his jacket to show off his belt, but with Balor...I don't mind.

I hope we're headed for Corporate Roman Reigns at Survivor Series.

Orton is also supposedly out for around 6 months because of a separated shoulder that he suffered from reportedly taking out his garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
so  guessing 

dean ambrose vs  roman reigns for the title  at  SS....   Ambrose will then turn on  reigns and join  triple H ...  Dont see any other big names on that side of the bracket 

Even before they announced the bracket, I assumed the most logical direction would be Reigns turning on Ambrose in the final. The Authority would be sitting ringside to award the belt to the new champion. After a 15 minute battle, Reigns would lock Ambrose in the sharpshooter, and Triple H/Stephanie would call for the bell.

From the Smackdown taping:

This makes me think he's definitely turning now.
Why go through all this trouble with having to fight 3-4 other guys when he could have accepted HHH's offer and go straight to the finals. Him turning before Raw last night was definitely a possibility but after that promo, I dont think he's gonna turn anymore.

I feel like they are making a 2 week push to try and get him over enough to the point where people would care about a heel turn. He is close, but not quite there.

So we're getting Survivor Series 1998 again?

I hate reruns.

Also: Mick Foley is an easy sympathetic babyface; Ambrose is not.

This feels like one of those things where it's a super secret swerve that Roman  is going to turn...but then word gets out that he's going to turn, and they wind up not doing it just so they company can show they are "smarter" than the fans.

Dude needs to turn, but the company may be too proud to "admit they were wrong" and have him actually be a bad guy. I'm all for them finally slotting Ambrose as a legit main eventer. Despite them not doing jack shit with him the majority of the time, he's still popular.

I'd assume we'd more likely just get a quick one off match with Ambrose in December where Dean loses yet again, followed by a feud with the "returning" Cena (possibly through to Mania, if Meltzer's Cena/Undertaker theory turns out to not be accurate), and a series with face Rollins after that.

Cena/Reigns at Mania would be kind of interesting. If it were in front of a smaller crowd I'd almost expect a Lesnar - Goldberg reaction. Heck, they may get one despite the crowd size.

WWE trainer Monty “Kip” Sopp, better known as Billy Gunn, was fired on Friday by WWE after testing positive for elevated levels of testosterone in a powerlifting meet on July 25.

Gunn had a 37-1 testosterone/epitestosterone ratio, well over the 4-1 limit. WWE found out about the suspension a few week’s ago as they did not know that he was powerlifting or about the suspension.
I guess I don't really see the problem with what he did here, but maybe I'm missing something. It sounds like more of a PR move than anything else.

Probably more PR as if it comes out before they did something, people would throw up the "THEY STILL JUICING, ALL WRESTLERS DIE YOUNG BECAUSE OF DRUGS" outrage for a few weeks. 

bread's done
Back