Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Just got back from AAW's "Epic", it completely blew me away. Got to see Zack Sabre Jr for the first time in the main event against Ciampa, which now has me super pumped for WWE's Cruiserweight Tournament. That dude is AMAZING.

Warning: Wikipedia articles casually contain LU spoilers with no markings. Had something spoiled for me on accident when looking up something about one of the performers.

Warning: Wikipedia articles casually contain LU spoilers with no markings. Had something spoiled for me on accident when looking up something about one of the performers.
Yeah I had two things spoiled for me early this season when I was looking up LU wrestlers on Wikipedia as well. I've just learned at this point to avoid it while LU is currently in season.

I know I'm a week late, but I ended up going to Wrestlemania and enjoying the shit out of it.
Sweet! If you spent the money to get there and go, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Any sweet photos you managed to take would be rad to see, too.

In other news, I start training full time next week. Super stoked to learn this craft.

Bingo.

Squad goals:

01.jpg

Yeah I had two things spoiled for me early this season when I was looking up LU wrestlers on Wikipedia as well. I've just learned at this point to avoid it while LU is currently in season.
Which means until late next year.

I did learn that Fenix and Pentagon are actual brothers.

Has anyone suggested any "wrassalor" or "sooperstar" names for Myke yet?

Can we just default to Big McLarge Huge until someone comes up with a better one?

Has anyone suggested any "wrassalor" or "sooperstar" names for Myke yet?

Can we just default to Big McLarge Huge until someone comes up with a better one?
Professor Murder?
Breaka Downa?
Myke L. Corleone?
Walter Mondale?
The Verminator?
Roots Genoa?

Last edited by a moderator:
NJPW Invasion Attack was a really damn good show and Will Ospray was amazing. Now I have to go find more of his stuff to watch.

NJPW Invasion Attack was a really damn good show and Will Ospray was amazing. Now I have to go find more of his stuff to watch.
I suggest watching Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll from Progress Chapter 25 earlier this year. Killer match between two of the best British wrestling has to offer. Will Ospreay is a lot of fun to watch though and the guy is only 22 years old.

Sweet! If you spent the money to get there and go, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Any sweet photos you managed to take would be rad to see, too.

In other news, I start training full time next week. Super stoked to learn this craft.
Make sure to tell them you've learned a lot about wrestling on the internet and that they should put you in the advanced class.

WWE twitter says Shane is in charge of Raw again tonight. So basically that match had no point.
Welcome to professional wrestling where the match outcomes rarely make any sense.

TNA moving it's HQ into the warehouse they store the merch at is very sad. It'll be even more depressing to work inside the warehouse without all that unsold merch around.

Meh? An office building is just a building. ECW was run out of Paul E's mom's basement.

TNA can do so much more to be better, but I just don't get kicking a promotion while it's down. Also: it's been down for a loooooong time.

This RAW has been awesome so far.
I'm still mad they did a "person getting kicked out of the building" angle, and the person didn't sneak/break back in. What's the point?!

Also, poor Zack Ryder. I figured he'd get to stick around in the IC title picture for at least a month or something. This just seems mean and pointless.

I saw a thing that said TNA had to move because they were actually evicted from their old office due to being behind on rent. And their credit wasn't good enough to loan out another building. How long have they been rumored to be having these types of financial troubles? The people in charge can't be making that much money and it's obvious people aren't interested in them so I'm wondering what the motivation is for them to keep going.

Dixie Carter's dad owns Panda Energy.
Yeah, but her family has cut funding off for TNA since they started on Destination America. So TNA has to make due with only the money that they have coming in on their own. They're also supposedly still trying to get someone to invest(good luck with that when they still want Dixie on TV as a condition).

TNA supposedly was hiding that they were evicted from their old HQ, claiming the lease was up. Despite that there's probably court records of the eviction.

Scott Steiner witnessed a murder attempt outside of a restaurant he owns in Acworth, GA.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXqcEg5tyWU

The news station had no idea who he was.  

NJPW Invasion Attack has some great matches this past weekend. Roppongi Vice vs Sydal/Richochet was *off the charts*.

I didn't like Will Ospreay vs KUSHIDA as much as the tag, but it was rated really highly by others.

Naito vs Okada was a must see as well.

Scott Steiner witnessed a murder attempt outside of a restaurant he owns in Acworth, GA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXqcEg5tyWU

The news station had no idea who he was.
Worst Scott Steiner promo ever.

That incident happened a little down the road from me. Now I'm inclined to figure out which restaurant he owns and stop in. This calls for another posting of my favorite Scott Steiner promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccog02xSIo

Add Bray Wyatt to the list of injured WWE wrestlers. He slipped on the mat during a match with Roman Reigns on their European tour and suffered a leg injury that's suspected to be a torn ACL.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2993331/wwe-news-wwe-superstar-bray-wyatt-injures-leg-at-wwe-live-event-in-milan-italy/

Strowman and Rowan are the last Wyatts standing. How do you use the two of them with no Bray?
Same way they have been. Bray can still talk with a broken leg and cut backstage promos and stuff. Eventually he'll be able to walk down to the ring. Then you just have the other two unstoppable Wyatts lose all the matches themselves

I was in Charleston, WV a few years back and saw a Shoney's there. Definitely had a "holy shit, those still exist?!?!?" kind of feeing about it.

Add Bray Wyatt to the list of injured WWE wrestlers. He slipped on the mat during a match with Roman Reigns on their European tour and suffered a leg injury that's suspected to be a torn ACL.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2993331/wwe-news-wwe-superstar-bray-wyatt-injures-leg-at-wwe-live-event-in-milan-italy/

Strowman and Rowan are the last Wyatts standing. How do you use the two of them with no Bray?
I saw a report that AJ is now hurt as well from the botched move by Del Rio on Smackdown that dropped AJ on his head.

I saw a report that AJ is now hurt as well from the botched move by Del Rio on Smackdown that dropped AJ on his head.
I watched that last night, I don't think that was a botch by Del Rio. It looked to me like AJ's foot got caught on the top rope briefly which caused the whole thing to under rotate a bit, in turn causing him to land on his head. In other words I don't think that was really anyone's fault just a wrestling accident.

So... how exactly are they going to decide who goes over in the qualifier? Obviously each guy wants to actually make it to the tournament.

Well, I suspect WWE said "we want X and Y for the event," and as a residual sale, the promotions they're coming from don't have to come out and say "WWE wants this guy." They can say "we're having qualifying matches for the Global Cruiserweight Series."

i.e., the people going in are already decided on, likely. The qualifiers are part of generating interest - both in the event but also the indie promotions.

Lotsa, lotsa NJPW guys announced for the next few ROH shows. Naito (!!!), Okada, Ishii, Tanahashi, Kushida and Liger.

Detroit, Chicago, Toronto and NYC. I've gotta be up in Boston the night of the NY show (and it's sold out anyhow), but goddamn, y'all - go to these shows.

Lotsa, lotsa NJPW guys announced for the next few ROH shows. Naito (!!!), Okada, Ishii, Tanahashi, Kushida and Liger.

Detroit, Chicago, Toronto and NYC. I've gotta be up in Boston the night of the NY show (and it's sold out anyhow), but goddamn, y'all - go to these shows.
Too bad the Chicago show isn't actually in Chicago but way out in the 'burbs. I love wrasslin, but not enough to spend that long traveling for it. Sorry wrestling.

Also, this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x8WgSHDpnU

I'm calling it now: Ryback is going full blown delusional and will soon legally change his name to "The Big Guy". I feel like it's gotta be an overcompensation thing because of his height (only being 6' and then lying and saying he's 6'3"). Or, uh, ya know... something else. Either way, full-on Ultimate Warrior status within a few years.

Well, I suspect WWE said "we want X and Y for the event," and as a residual sale, the promotions they're coming from don't have to come out and say "WWE wants this guy." They can say "we're having qualifying matches for the Global Cruiserweight Series."

i.e., the people going in are already decided on, likely. The qualifiers are part of generating interest - both in the event but also the indie promotions.
This is precisely the case. A good example of this is Zack Sabre Jr. vs. "Flash" Morgan Webster at Progress Chapter 29, ZSJ has already been announced as a participant in the series and will obviously win his qualifier against Webster, which is great, but I would personally love to see Webster in the series as well, he's been impressing me with the last several bouts I have seen him in.

bread's done
Back