Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I was worried about that a few weeks back - they need to drop the belts and show some weakness.

Went to a house show in Madison, WI last night. Decent seats for $18 at the door, good matches. Really intimate for a WWE show, had a lot of fun. Jeeeeeeeeesus, R-Truth's "What's Up?" bit is massively, massively over. Also got to see Enzo back in the ring, Hype Bros vs Gun/Gallows, Sheamus vs Apollo Crews, KO v Sami, Charlotte vs Natalya.  A fun show, about right in length.

Yuck. Good thing a brand split is happening. Now I can watch Smackdown  only and pass on Raw whenever Goldberg is on.

And yes, I did this before and stopped watching Raw for an entire year while Goldberg was on

Last week: Bless you, Enzo.

This week: Bless you, AJ.

Oh who am I kidding? Enzo was good this week too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't get one, but two Goldbergs for preordering.  
20030428_goldberg-750x340-1422700221.jpg

• PLAYABLE WCW GOLDBERG WITH BLACK TIGHTS
  • PLAYABLE WWE GOLDBERG WITH BLACK AND WHITE SHORTS
  • TWO PLAYABLE ARENAS: WCW MONDAY NITRO AND HALLOWEEN HAVOC
    hqdefault.jpg

The crowd tonight and those "what" chants... Jesus. Calm down, y'all. You don't need to chant it during every single talking segment.

I was worried about that a few weeks back - they need to drop the belts and show some weakness.

Went to a house show in Madison, WI last night. Decent seats for $18 at the door, good matches. Really intimate for a WWE show, had a lot of fun. Jeeeeeeeeesus, R-Truth's "What's Up?" bit is massively, massively over. Also got to see Enzo back in the ring, Hype Bros vs Gun/Gallows, Sheamus vs Apollo Crews, KO v Sami, Charlotte vs Natalya. A fun show, about right in length.
Yeah I saw the same show the night before in Peoria, IL. Fun show overall, and yes, R-Truth is still somehow over huge lol.

When I tweeted out my demon costume I got one retweet (which was taken back) and one like, but the like was from the man himself so it's all ok.

Just got home from work, going to play some Overwatch and then watch Raw. I read it's not too hot so I imagine I can get through 3hr in about 80min.

Doubt he's going to be coming back to TV. This was just for the video game. 2k makes those deals, not WWE.
I don't know about that. Lesnar, Ultimate Warrior, and Sting all say otherwise. WWE absolutely has a hand in these decisions, they are the ones who say who is in the game and who isn't. I hate Goldberg, can't stand him, but all signs point to at least a Hall of Fame induction next year and I hope that's all we get.

I don't know about that. Lesnar, Ultimate Warrior, and Sting all say otherwise. WWE absolutely has a hand in these decisions, they are the ones who say who is in the game and who isn't. I hate Goldberg, can't stand him, but all signs point to at least a Hall of Fame induction next year and I hope that's all we get.
WWE can dictate who they do and don't want in the game, but it's still a deal signed with 2k. I know Sting and Lesnar were not signed with WWE when the game stuff came out, it just so happens that those deals were worked out months later. Not sure about Warrior. Goldberg I wouldn't assume is going to do much more than go in the HoF and maybe make one Raw appearance to give Curtis Axel a spear or something. There's no novelty of seeing him in WWE anymore like there was with Sting, and it's not like he can still go like Lesnar can.

WWE can dictate who they do and don't want in the game, but it's still a deal signed with 2k. I know Sting and Lesnar were not signed with WWE when the game stuff came out, it just so happens that those deals were worked out months later. Not sure about Warrior. Goldberg I wouldn't assume is going to do much more than go in the HoF and maybe make one Raw appearance to give Curtis Axel a spear or something. There's no novelty of seeing him in WWE anymore like there was with Sting, and it's not like he can still go like Lesnar can.
Goldberg could never go. His matches typically lasted a few minutes before he was gassed, Goldberg was IMO part of the reason WCW failed, he was the one guy they had built up as a major star and they did it by having him squash the majority of the roster, which in turn made everyone else look bad. Then they killed his momentum by having him lose his streak to Nash via shenanigans and from that point on Goldberg just wasn't the same, he was exposed. The reason WWE decides these guys for spots like this in the game is because they are trying to ink a deal and the money they get from the game certainly can sweeten the pot. I hope this leads to a Nitro career mode and more WCW talent and matches in the game to play. I'd love to play War Games or the three tiered cage match.

When I tweeted out my demon costume I got one retweet (which was taken back) and one like, but the like was from the man himself so it's all ok.

Just got home from work, going to play some Overwatch and then watch Raw. I read it's not too hot so I imagine I can get through 3hr in about 80min.
I clicked the like button on the Instagram post. @meangeneokerlund

I gotta give propls to Creative for the genuinely surprising and awesome swerve from AJ last night. I honestly did not see that coming. I'm just worried it'll end like every other Cena feud ends for his opponents.

I read that the WWE 2K17 teaser also featured a Brock Lesnar reference.  When Goldberg is sitting in the back of the police car, there's a reflection of "Suplex City" on the side windshield.  Pretty neat easter egg.  As for any in-ring return, I would highly doubt that.  He's been on record saying many times that he's done with wrestling and WWE in particular.

Goldberg wasn't the best wrestler but his popularity was largely built up by his entrance which is a big deal.  Maybe it was because I was just a teenager back then, but I honestly thought Goldberg had one of the coolest entrances ever.  

Finally watching LU from last week, this working nights is still taking getting used to. It's so good. Really looking forward to the title match tonight between Cage and Matanza. I don't see them taking the belt off of Matanza because storyline, but I expect it to be one hell of a fight.

Is anyone having any issues with the WWE Network working on the Roku 3? I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app then doing a complete wipe of the device only to then install the stupid app only for the same issue to happen... which is after I try to load the app it'll get to the "retrieving data" for 5 seconds then kick me back to the home screen on the Roku 3.

Finally getting around to watching Raw from Monday. My god, the cameraperson on the apron during the Cena beatdown is trying to give me a seizure with those zooms. Maybe take 15 fewer 5-hour-energies before going to work next time?

Getting excited for this year's King of Trios, y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDFD-1x-5XQ

Is anyone having any issues with the WWE Network working on the Roku 3? I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app then doing a complete wipe of the device only to then install the stupid app only for the same issue to happen... which is after I try to load the app it'll get to the "retrieving data" for 5 seconds then kick me back to the home screen on the Roku 3.
Im having no issues with it. Do other apps work still?

The YouTube video for Apollo Crews' entrance music with a 30 minute loop is my studying music for Maymester final exam week.  I just thought y'all should know that.  And if you need help focusing, this song will do it.

Cesaro giving Kevin Owens his springboard uppercut while wearing a suit and sunglasses is probably my favorite wrestling thing that's happened this year.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/738539555763015680

Watching that I guess now infamous Ricochet vs Will Ospreay match and I find it so weird hearing Japanese fans adapting to American wrestling fan cheers with "This is Awesome", "Holy Shit" or yelling "Yay" during each hit in a back and forth.

I've noticed some of the American affectations being adopted by Japanese crowds and, personally, I don't care for it.  The different responses from Japanese crowds was a big part of the appeal for me when I started paying more attention to puroresu.

I've noticed some of the American affectations being adopted by Japanese crowds and, personally, I don't care for it. The different responses from Japanese crowds was a big part of the appeal for me when I started paying more attention to puroresu.
Watch some 70s-80s World of Sport. The crowd atmosphere and the announcers will really appeal to you, I think. The 2/3 falls and rounds thing might be a bit more confusing at first, however.

A theory I've read in more than one place is that WWE is allowing it only in return for UFC allowing Rousey to take part in Wrestlemania. It makes sense, I guess, but Rousey's star power has lost a lot of shine over the past few months.

Eh, makes sense. Great publicity for both companies, the only problem I see for Brock in this (at least in a UFC stand point) is how him and Punk both detail how hard it is going into a fight after wrestling for so long and not having to hold back punches. Regardless I await the inevitable stupid comments of his opponent will be CM Punk. Weight class be damned!

So fucking weird. And I always liked Matt Hardy too.

Is that really where he lives? Jesus that's a weird setup. It's like they just found a random plot of land and built a huge house on it but didn't have enough money after to do anything else.

Maybe he's on to something, saying this is for the casuals. It's getting so much more traction than anything they've done for months.

I guess we know why the Ambrose/Lesnar mania match was unimpressive, protecting Brock for UFC training. Ambrose is quoted that he was shot down for giving and receiving harder spots and it makes sense now.

So fucking weird. And I always liked Matt Hardy too.

Is that really where he lives? Jesus that's a weird setup. It's like they just found a random plot of land and built a huge house on it but didn't have enough money after to do anything else.
Matt and Jeff are both known for being a bit eccentric and weird. Jeff's house has all sorts of weird sculptures and what not around his yard. Matt's pretty normal in comparison. Super weird promo, but I kinda liked it. Something different and the feud between Matt and Jeff in TNA has been way better than it ever was in WWE.

Going to RAW tomorrow night in OKC. Wish me luck that it's not a promo-fest like the last one I went to.

As the kids say, #yolo (the kids do still say that, right?)

bread's done
Back