Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Good news everyone, the Roman doc has been debunked.

The only shitty chant at the house show I went to last week was a brief CM Punk for some reason, but it got booed down pretty fast.

Nice, going to the draft show. Probably not much action, but it'll certainly be interesting.
Yeah going to the draft show should be fun. In all likelyhood not a lot of wrestling but the anticipation for each draft pick will be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkoS07Erh6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ZQzBunyyk

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I gotta start remembering not to watch WWE on American holidays. I'm so confused right now.
I'm American and I am not quite sure I fully understood what the hell I had watched last night either.

I just know TNA has managed to hype me up for The Final Deletion match between Brother Nero and Broken Matt Hardy more than anything I can think of in recent memory, if anything they have done an amazing job marketing this match online. I don't get Pop TV, but I am going to try to find a stream, I need to see this match happen as soon as possible!

I'm American and I am not quite sure I fully understood what the hell I had watched last night either.
Oh, I'm American too, just now realizing the context in my comment was weird.

But really, what was that? The crowd had NO clue who to cheer for, and they're the intended (American) audience. If you're one of the people in the other 180 countries WWE boasts about being broadcast in, how are you supposed to feel...? I just don't get who that was for besides maybe weirdo xenophobes and the few people getting reeeal emotional during Lillian's anthem.

Against my better judgment I'm downloading Impact. FB group I'm in is going nuts over the Hardy shit, and apparently the WWE Japan tour got to see it early and loved it so I'll give it a go. My enthusiasm isn't helped by not really liking either of them over their careers.

Against my better judgment I'm downloading Impact. FB group I'm in is going nuts over the Hardy shit, and apparently the WWE Japan tour got to see it early and loved it so I'll give it a go. My enthusiasm isn't helped by not really liking either of them over their careers.
Final Deletion was glorious and everything I hoped it would be.

"Against my better judgment" is a phrase used for:

- getting the triple cheeseburger

- giving ol whats-their-name a second chance at a relationship after the last time you dated them it ended up with a broken windshield of some sort

- that one drink that sends you from "a beer with friends" into "oh, fuck, I've got to be at work in two hours"

It's not a phrase used for deciding to watch a teevee show. that's not particularly adventurous.

- giving ol whats-their-name a second chance at a relationship after the last time you dated them it ended up with a broken windshield of some sort
- that one drink that sends you from "a beer with friends" into "oh, fuck, I've got to be at work in two hours"

It's not a phrase used for deciding to watch a teevee show. that's not particularly adventurous.
We didn't even get through the whole thing, my streaming setup died midway and it wasn't worth resuming. I was expecting epic length, not ten minutes.

Having something good come out of watching TNA is less likely than all of the above examples, so his original statement stands.

-----

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT.

Last edited by a moderator:
The official TNA YouTube channel posted it last night after it aired, but took it down soon after.
Yeah I saw that. TNA did a hell of a job promoting it, but if I were them I would have put it on YouTube Live or Facebook Live last night when it aired to get as many eyes as possible on it. I ended up watching a shitty stream, because I am a mark, but I am willing to bet a lot of people didn't watch it because they don't have Pop TV.

Yeah I saw that. TNA did a hell of a job promoting it, but if I were them I would have put it on YouTube Live or Facebook Live last night when it aired to get as many eyes as possible on it. I ended up watching a shitty stream, because I am a mark, but I am willing to bet a lot of people didn't watch it because they don't have Pop TV.
I agree. I also streamed it. I forgot about it until the final segment, but caught it just in time as Matt proclaimed one final time, "Brother Nero... I knew you'd come."

I agree. I also streamed it. I forgot about it until the final segment, but caught it just in time as Matt proclaimed one final time, "Brother Nero... I knew you'd come."
You should go back and re-watch it. You missed Matt's drone attack and his excellent landscaping skills at Jeff's house.

You should go back and re-watch it. You missed Matt's drone attack and his excellent landscaping skills at Jeff's house.
Oh I already have. Twice. That lawnmower scene with Matt ... it needs it's own gif. Until then.....

QhjXSmX.gif

I Just got done watching Final Deletion...

Okay, that shit was genius. I Thought Hardy's were old hat past their prime, but that was entertaining as fuck.

:rofl: Evil landscaping!

DA-LEEEETE!!!

I like how Matt moves out of the way of the ultra swanton but Jeff makes the cover.

" A dilapidated boat!"

Stoked about the CWC Bracket. Hoping to see Drew Gulak vs Zack Sabre Jr in the second round.

Speaking of ZSJ, gonna get a group of folks to see him take on Cody Rhodes at Evolve 66 in August. Yesssssss.

Smackdown is going well.

WWWYKI. Zack gets two clean wins.

I doubt Rusev will lose to him so I'm going to enjoy this streak while it lasts.

Impact moves to whatever night it is on a station nobody gets.

I may watch it from time to time if I had Pop or could get Pop. But I can't. Shrug.

I get the station, but I don't think I've ever watched anything on Pop. It drives me nuts that I get SD only stations on Dish Network. Everything should be at least 1080i or higher by now. 

I get the station, but I don't think I've ever watched anything on Pop. It drives me nuts that I get SD only stations on Dish Network. Everything should be at least 1080i or higher by now.
Playstation Vue has Pop and I also believe they have El Rey. I know Sling TV offers El Rey and both services have USA as well. Plenty of options to watch wrestling and cut the cord. I don't have either service myself, but know others that do and they both seem pretty decent on the streams and I believe Pop with Vue is indeed HD, not sure about El Rey though. I've considered dropping my cable TV for Vue, but I have such a low package that gets USA HD, which is the only thing I watch on cable TV.

Playstation Vue has Pop and I also believe they have El Rey. I know Sling TV offers El Rey and both services have USA as well. Plenty of options to watch wrestling and cut the cord. I don't have either service myself, but know others that do and they both seem pretty decent on the streams and I believe Pop with Vue is indeed HD, not sure about El Rey though. I've considered dropping my cable TV for Vue, but I have such a low package that gets USA HD, which is the only thing I watch on cable TV.
I moved into an earth home in a very rural part of the country so I can have pet horses. Currently my only internet option is Satillite which has a data cap at 12 GBs a month. (At about $100 a month)

Trust me, if I could go back to streaming only, I would. It's gotten so much better even in the past year. As it is now, I'm stuck with Satillite for Internet and TV. I envy those who can get PlayStation Vue...

I have unlimited data on my iPhone, so that's how I watch PPVs. I'm a bit too chicken to try to stream everything on it.

I moved into an earth home in a very rural part of the country so I can have pet horses. Currently my only internet option is Satillite which has a data cap at 12 GBs a month. (At about $100 a month)

Trust me, if I could go back to streaming only, I would. It's gotten so much better even in the past year. As it is now, I'm stuck with Satillite for Internet and TV. I envy those who can get PlayStation Vue...

I have unlimited data on my iPhone, so that's how I watch PPVs. I'm a bit too chicken to try to stream everything on it.
12gb a month? I couldn't handle that anymore. I know my XB1 averages at least 400gb/month due to various streaming. Once finances balance back out I was considering subbing to Highspots too.

The only channel I'm stuck with SD of that I ever watch is Logo - which is weird because it's in widescreen just at shit rez. I don't love my provider, but I get 220 down wired.

Stoked about the CWC Bracket. Hoping to see Drew Gulak vs Zack Sabre Jr in the second round.

Speaking of ZSJ, gonna get a group of folks to see him take on Cody Rhodes at Evolve 66 in August. Yesssssss.
I've got front row for Evolve 67 the next day in Brooklyn. Hope both our shows are excellent.

Smackdown was actually pretty good only skipped one segment (Miz/Kalisto). Amazing concept, establishing story at the top of the episode in a few quick segments.

Man, that Wyatts/New Day thing should have been awesome, but as usual when WWE copies something good they just don't get it.

The WWE version felt like random moments edited together, while TNA's was (although short and not great), at least a coherent "match" you could mostly follow. The best part of WWE's version were the beginning with the car, and Wyatt trying to gut Woods with that axe. That's the kind of dumb shit they needed to go all out with for this, if they're going to bother doing it at all. The one interesting part with Woods being carried off led to nothing, other than him being fine 90 seconds later.

Beyond that it was just an Attitude Era hardcore match with cars and sCaAaaAaryyyy music. The ending visual with the fireflies and the masks was ok, but the way it just ends with Wyatt yelling at them and ND walking away with confused looks on their faces was fucking garbage. So, what, New Day just comes out next week and says "that was scary!" and jokes around about it?

The continual film effects hurt it as well. A little bit maybe would have been fine, but this was overkill.

Glad I didn't go to that show.

WWE2K17 CE announced, "NXT edition" gives playable Nia, Apollo, and Shinsuke, includes 8" Demon Finn statue. If they're giving that much credence, the people in the trailer had better be playable (Alpha and Revival are first that spring to mind).

Psyched for CWC tapings tonight.

Enjoy! Please please please don't spoil the results. I really dug the first episode and I already had one contestant's match outcome ruined for me accidentally. :/

WWE2K17 CE announced, "NXT edition" gives playable Nia, Apollo, and Shinsuke, includes 8" Demon Finn statue. If they're giving that much credence, the people in the trailer had better be playable (Alpha and Revival are first that spring to mind).

Waiting for Amazon and Best Buy to put this up is killing me. I want to pre-order this so badly!

So Shinsuke and the others will be day one DLC if I don't get the NXT version? :(

So Shinsuke and the others will be day one DLC if I don't get the NXT version? :(
I don't even know if they will be day one DLC. They are definitely part of a DLC pack, but it's up in the air if you'll be able to purchase the pack outside of the NXT edition on day one. I'm definitely getting the NXT edition myself, but it'd suck if others had to wait to get Shinsuke in the game, I'd pay $20 just for him alone.

But will it include Corey Graves yelling "KINSHASAAAA!!!!!!"?

I don't even know if they will be day one DLC. They are definitely part of a DLC pack, but it's up in the air if you'll be able to purchase the pack outside of the NXT edition on day one. I'm definitely getting the NXT edition myself, but it'd suck if others had to wait to get Shinsuke in the game, I'd pay $20 just for him alone.
I'm more excited about Nia being playable as a bonus since I'm really hoping that means we get Alexa/Bayley/Asuka/Carmella. My gf would probably actually play if Alexa is in, she has a huge crush on her (and that booty).

bread's done
Back