Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I'm so pumped for Rollins vs Balor. I've been anticipating this match for a long time.

I really enjoyed RAW tonight. The new set was nice, and the camera work was pretty neat too. I'm into it.
I just finished watching Raw and i was going to say that i really dug the camera work too. I also enjoyed getting the immediate interview/reaction from the wrestlers too. Now lets see what Smackdown does.

Man, that segment where all the women came out got me so pumped for a championship announcement... but then turns out the big reveal was just Eva Marie.  :wall: I'm gonna remain hopeful, maybe it will come.

Looking back at the overall show I'm a little confused, though. They were hyping Smackdown to be this all-new totally different brand, but for the most part it seemed pretty much the same as usual (besides the new higher/closer hard camera) whereas RAW was much different. Makes me wonder if a lot of RAW's changes were planned for Smackdown but got swapped last minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't mine, but thought it was worth a repost. Meltzer still gets way too "it's still real to me" on occasion:

"Charlotte this week surpassed the Nikki Bella vaunted 301 days in a row as champion streak. It really means nothing because the Divas title that Nikki holds the record for was dropped so Charlotte had 196 days as Divas champion and when she hit 302 days as champion, it was 106 as women's champion."

Also, Macho Man Randy Savage never lost a retirement match to the Ultimate Warrior. That was Macho King Randy Savage.

Smackdown is reportedly getting new tag team and women's championship titles after Summerslam. So pumped.
This was my fear before the draft, it's all coming true. The tag and women's divisions are just not deep enough to support two belts each. Watching three tag teams rotate the tag belts on each show is going to be SWEET......

Here's hoping Charlie Haas can be rescued from the nuthouse and reunite with Shelton so we can have somewhat of a memorable mirror match with American Alpha.

This was my fear before the draft, it's all coming true. The tag and women's divisions are just not deep enough to support two belts each. Watching three tag teams rotate the tag belts on each show is going to be SWEET......
You know how it'll turn out. It's going to be "These top two guys aren't doing anything right now. Let's team them up and give them the belts."

Rhiyiyino won the republican primary for the Michigan house seat. Guess that mustard colored jacket he wore while campaigning paid off.

The real story here is his actual, true, real life middle name is "Guido."

Heel-ish Asuka may wind up being my favorite women's division character ever. The way she just stood there taunting Bayley after kicking the shit out of Aliyah was glorious.

I'm glad to see the CFO$, whomever that is, really seeking variety with their themes. Roode's is clearly an homage to Queen, which is super cool. But Sasha Banks, Nakamura, and others show that they're killing it with themes lately. Except Aries, which is pretty unmemorable.

I like Aries' theme ok, but yeah, definitely not something that sticks with you.

Roode's theme falls into the same problem category of pretty much every WWE theme - these lyrics are embarassingly insipid (Orton's "All you judges, you are guilty. All the bosses, I will fire. All you bankers will have losses. Politicians are all liars." is still a low point for humanity's art of music), but it's totally fine as a wrestling entrance theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Aries' theme ok, but yeah, definitely not something that sticks with you.

Roode's theme falls into the same problem category of pretty much every WWE theme - these lyrics are embarassingly insipid (Orton's "All you judges, you are guilty. All the bosses, I will fire. All you bankers will have losses. Politicians are all liars." is still a low point for humanity's art of music), but it's totally fine as a wrestling entrance theme.
Jesus, are those the lyrics for Orton's current theme? Then again reading the lyrics for HHH's "All About the Game" and the song being about the financial market makes just as much sense. Also Blake's new theme in NXT is awful, mostly because you can hear the audible confusion of the audience in hearing the music. Though I liked Samoa Joe's first theme on NXT in that it starts with the horns before turning into heavy bass Donkey Kong Country sex music,

Joe's first NXT theme was downright horrid.

Every week I cross my fingers for a new Cesaro theme and nope. I can't elaborate how disconnected that theme feels to me in regards to his character; it's akin to Brock Lesnar coming out to folk music.

It's horrid and I think everyone should've known immediately, but somehow it lasted a few weeks. For that I can only enjoy the dumb humor that comes from it.

Joe's first NXT theme was downright horrid.

Every week I cross my fingers for a new Cesaro theme and nope. I can't elaborate how disconnected that theme feels to me in regards to his character; it's akin to Brock Lesnar coming out to folk music.
I feel like I might be alone in this, but I loved Cesaro's theme during his heel run as US champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1JlToAuVhA

"Let's make Zen Davis great again."

At first I hated Bobby Roo's new theme but now I cannot stop listening to it.

https://youtu.be/E7oMBq1vkCM
Listening to the actual words this really sounds more like a face theme than a heel type theme imo. The whole never give up never say die type deal.

But...I Like the Bobby Roode theme. It encapsulates him as the arrogant, better than you in every way kinda heel. So from the get go I know his character and only heightened with him in the ring. Though personally I'd like it more if instead of Glorious it just yelled "PRINCE OF THE UNIVERSE~~~~~~", but whatever. I'm fine with it.

bread's done
Back