Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

He kissed so many kids. Like, not even toddlers where I guess it's supposed to be cute, just some grown ass kids getting old sweaty man kisses. Traumatizing.

Also anyone catch that amazing 'Member Berries poster that said "Member Goldberg?" they accidentally zoomed in on for a brief second?
You can also see it in the clip ESPN played of Goldberg responding to Brock.

i really  Really hope something happens and they cancel the match   anyone notice  how badly Goldberg  was sweating     i think he has major heart problems and will not be cleared 

I speak for everyone.
Nope.

All this "booo, we don't want to see this match" crap can get the hell out. I didn't think too much of it initially either, but after Monday it's pretty clear this is the most natural pro rasslin' story they've had in a LONG time. It's literally Lesnar vs. AntiLesnar. A monster guy who doesn't give a shit about your kids vs a monster guy who will take a truckload of toys to a kids hospital. Of course the match will be nothing, but so what? It's not like they are going to go more than around 12 minutes anyway, and they'll get their spots in to get a crowd reaction. At least they aren't "hurting the roster" (lol) by going over full-time guys.

It's strange how these two WCW main eventer guys have come in over the last couple of years and immediately presented more grounded and realistic promos than the majority of the WWE roster. It's not like Goldberg was known for talking before, but it's remarkable what a guy that is not an actor can do if he is not trying to recite a script word-for-word.

Meanwhile, some dipshit writer backstage that came up with "Tater Tots" for Sheamus is blowing himself over coming up with "Sparkle Crotch."

Last edited by a moderator:
i really Really hope something happens and they cancel the match anyone notice how badly Goldberg was sweating i think he has major heart problems and will not be cleared
I really Really hope something happens and they cancel your posting privileges anyone notice how Slidecage makes shitposts i think he has major brain problems and will not ever be coherent

Nope.

All this "booo, we don't want to see this match" crap can get the hell out. I didn't think too much of it initially either, but after Monday it's pretty clear this is the most natural pro rasslin' story they've had in a LONG time. It's literally Lesnar vs. AntiLesnar. A monster guy who doesn't give a shit about your kids vs a monster guy who will take a truckload of toys to a kids hospital. Of course the match will be nothing, but so what?
I have more hope for that match than most people it seems. Everyone starts with "Oh the match sucked before so it will now" and I disagree. I think there is more reason for Goldberg at least to want to redeem himself from that match. This wont be some indie spot fest, or Hart vs Michaels classic but it can be a good brutal fight. Lesnar was UFC champ, and Goldberg is a wannabe MMA guy so I expect a nice stiff MMA style fight between these two guys. As someone who has always loved the stiff Japanese styled wrestling matches I am looking forward to seeing this.

seinfeld-kramer-ass-man-license-plate-640x533.jpg

I read that the title match between Ellsworth and Styles is the first WWE World Heavyweight Title match that doesn't involve a former member of the shield since Cena Vs. Brock at Night of Champions 2014. Jesus Christ. I'm too lazy to fact check that.

I have a feeling that Paige is indeed trying to get herself fired on purpose. Sad but whatever makes her happy, I suppose. The interview she did after the proposal was hard to watch; I understand her having the jitters from what just went down but something was way off, her mannerisms were just not normal.

The "sparkle crotch" bit really sounded like something they'd write for Roman. Please stop. Don't ruin Rollins with shitty writing. 

Jericho has been pure gold recently. This is by far the most excited I've been in his appearances ever.

I wonder if they will put some roster spots on the line for Survivor Series? Obviously only helps if Smackdown wins but I'm all for that.

I REALLY hope the rumored Brock match with Shane is just that, a rumor. It's cool seeing him back but I'm not cool with him facing top card talent in huge matches just because.

This Hell in a Cell event feels really uninspired...we have at least 3 announced cell matches. That's just overkill.

I don't think there's anything that could ever make me give two shits about Bray Wyatt again ever save for a face turn and it'd have to be done right so I'm not giving my hopes up.

Ew, a Forbes wrestling link. Not giving that hack the click.

Watched BOLA 2016 Night 1 tonight, damn that was really good. Amazing how performers can change with different personas, Jeff Cobb vs Ricochet compared to Matanza Cueto vs Prince Puma. A few spots overlapped, but the dynamic was totally different.

I'm not going to lie, I legit laughed out loud when Ellsworth escaped the chin lock due to not have much of said body part; also when he hit what Otunga called "The No Chin Music".

ProWrestlingTees.com is having a 15% off sale, code MADNESS. We see a few we're thinking of getting (Ron Funches, Ricochet, Kenny Omega, The Elite).

cody1006_1.png

Wearing a video game-inspired wrestling shirt is a double negative, right? So it's socially acceptable?

Thanks for linking. A quick skim of the hearing notes make it hard to see one side clearly over the other.

Unequivocally, I think we all know TNA as a brand is ruined for a good time to come. Damned shame, since a place to work is a place to work (based on the premise that they do pay talents).

Yes when I was browsing YT some podcast that also uploads the audio there said it was an abortion in their estimation, given the description of the "injury."

How do you make sure the first ever women's hell in a cell match is a good one?

Spend 15 minutes putting Sasha on a stretcher. That'll get people hooked!
That's what I said. The guys in the prediction contest I participate in thought it made for a great way to put Sasha at a disadvantage, which I agree with. But it dragged on a bit too long with the PPV rapidly approaching the 3 hour mark.

We get that they have to make it seem real, but they need to remember it's a tired trope that a lot of us see through. It was the best of the cell matches, don't know how I feel about the result.

I couldn't disagree more that people saw through it - it went longer than necessary, and that length of time combined with the lack of announcement of the match ending - those things combined made the crowd not buy it. But for me the key element is time, not the substance of what they did.

The crowd 100% did not at all buy the Kendrick knee injury, however. They also couldn't have cared less about that match. Stinks, b/c I want to support the Cruiserweight division, but also b/c I really dig Brian Kendrick.

I couldn't disagree more that people saw through it - it went longer than necessary, and that length of time combined with the lack of announcement of the match ending - those things combined made the crowd not buy it. But for me the key element is time, not the substance of what they did.

The crowd 100% did not at all buy the Kendrick knee injury, however. They also couldn't have cared less about that match. Stinks, b/c I want to support the Cruiserweight division, but also b/c I really dig Brian Kendrick.
i think most people are sick of the cruiserweight match that is what now 4 or 5x in a row for the ttitle

They need to differentiate the cruiserweights and help build their personalities.

Drew Gulak isn't going to do flippy shit like Lince Dorado, but he will surprise you out of nowhere with a submission you've never seen.

Tony Nese has a ton of strength and incredible agility.

Rich Swann is resilient AF.

There is a ton of depth, and I'd love to see them help build those individual characters. Now it feels like the new diva's division in that there is one feud focused on the title and everyone else gets put into one match.

Lack of depth is kinda Raw's problem in general right now though isn't it? I Mean they have big moments (Goldberg's return), but coherent storytelling and defined characters just aren't there.

Tommy End going to Evolve in New York for dark matches. Nice that he keeps the name, can't wait for his tv debut and I hope the crowd doesn't disappoint with his chant.

Yay cruiserweights got on a ppv (preshow) card, but I don't care about the division one bit and I attended 3 of 4 CWC events. I hope 205 Live can deliver, they nailed the commentary team (Mauro and Corey).

Yay Rusev gets to get squashed by Brock, hopefully it signals treating him seriously, but I doubt it considering the other League of Nations guys got the "honor" as well.

bread's done
Back