Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I did. I was appropriately excited for the possibility of them making something good, even if it ends at the April 1 show that I can't go to because of schedule conflicts.
That appearance after the Young Bucks/Briscoes match was the first time in a very long time that I genuinely marked out. I had no idea that was coming.

I'm waiting for one day during a backstage interview segment, Roman Reigns is talking when suddenly he stops, glances at the US title belt on his shoulder and says "Where did this come from?"

Very excited for the back-to-back shows in Chicago next week, particularly Smackdown. Basically a PPV now.

Anyone watch Talking Smack this week? If not, and you're interested in Rhyno dressed as Santa opening his coat and rubbing cookies on his bare chest, well... you know where to go.

Very excited for the back-to-back shows in Chicago next week, particularly Smackdown. Basically a PPV now.

Anyone watch Talking Smack this week? If not, and you're interested in Rhyno dressed as Santa opening his coat and rubbing cookies on his bare chest, well... you know where to go.
Santa Rhyno deaded me. Talking Smack is only second to SD imo.

Often hard to remember that Lawler used to fucking destroy people on the mic.

When literally calling someone a fag isn't even the worst thing you say in a promo. His daugter was like 3 or 4 years old when this was done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgwRIP3dQU

Last edited by a moderator:
My reaction to Smackdown's main event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0nWySStZbM

It's not the world title, but I'm glad Dean Ambrose has a belt again.

This episode flew by and 205 Live gets better on a weekly basis.

I can handle Japan stuff in small doses. The WK11 main was real good. I'm not blowing my fucking load over it like Meltzer does every time there's a good match in Japan, but if you liked...I dunno, WM25 Shawn vs. Taker, you'll probably like it. Not comparing the styles of the people involved, but more the drama they build and the finisher spam that you get around the end. Heck, they both have liberal use of tombstones.

One match that was a bit of disappointment for me was Cody Rhodes vs CJ Parker (I forget what he goes by now). The last I remember of that guy was him busting Owens open real hard during Owens' first NXT match. Plus Cody's debut of his "American Nightmare" persona. I expected more, I guess. Not a bad match, though.

So I watched Impact last night for the first time outside of the Hardy specials since it is no longer Dixie Dumbass' Carter's pet project. There is potential, but they really got to change the announce team. Josh Matthews is the drizzling shits. His voice grates on the ears, he tries to damn hard to inject any emotion into anything, and he really just has no place calling matches. He makes Cole sound like Gordon Solie. Pope is ok as he is pretty much playing the role that Lawler played on WWE play by play, but Matthews is just so bad it makes you want to not watch the show. 

When you are willing to take Don "be dialing people" West over the current pbp person, you know there is an issue.

I just finished up Wrestle Kingdom 11. I'm so glad the main event wasn't spoiled for me, because it most certainly lived up to the hype. That was some damn fine wrestling.

For the Rumble this year my money is on Jericho. They've been slow-burning a turn on Owens for awhile now. They could even do a "You get to choose which championship you challenge for at WM" storyline and have a Batista like turn. Jericho has never won a rumble and he's pretty over atm. I don't know how his schtick will translate with a face run but I'd be all for it.

I don't really see an "obvious" rumble winner this year so really it's anyone's guess until they fuck it up by telegraphing the entire thing like they do every year.

For the Rumble this year my money is on Jericho. They've been slow-burning a turn on Owens for awhile now. They could even do a "You get to choose which championship you challenge for at WM" storyline and have a Batista like turn. Jericho has never won a rumble and he's pretty over atm. I don't know how his schtick will translate with a face run but I'd be all for it.

I don't really see an "obvious" rumble winner this year so really it's anyone's guess until they fuck it up by telegraphing the entire thing like they do every year.
I feel like WM has gotta be the end of Jericho's current run, though. He said he's been stretching it way longer than what is was supposed to be originally, and I have to imagine his other responsibilities are calling.

Based on current Mania plans being rumored as Taker vs Cena for the title, the only way this works is if Taker wins the Rumble. Sadly, this is not something I personally want to see due to it being time to elevate new stars and the rumble is one of the best ways to do that. Also, I personally think AJ Styles could carry Taker to a better match than Cena could anyday. 

Everyone's just going to bitch about who wins RR because that's what happens every year. They could let one of these new stars win and people would hate it because yo he's not the new star I wanted.

This is the first Rumble in quite some time where I can honestly say I have no clue who's gonna win, and that makes me wanna tune in.

Also, if they're gonna pull the trigger on a Cena heel turn (I know I know, but just let me think Lucy won't pull the ball away this time), the time is now.

Hey look one of the few highlights of Raw last night! And it wasn't even on Raw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tozSjboXkLU

"I'm the Great Jerikhali."

Hey look one of the few highlights of Raw last night! And it wasn't even on Raw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tozSjboXkLU

"I'm the Great Jerikhali."
I'd literally pay for a 2016 compilation of Jericho/Owens backstage interview segments.

Everyone's just going to bitch about who wins RR because that's what happens every year. They could let one of these new stars win and people would hate it because yo he's not the new star I wanted.
Bitching about people bitching before they're bitching is quite meta of you.

You mentioned the other day that you hate NJPW because it's boring. You already seem sour on how people will receive the Royal Rumble.

I'd love to hear you tell us something you've recently enjoyed about pro wrestling.

They need to strip it of the title stipulation. It makes things way too predictable.
What are the stakes on the line for the winner, then? I understand what you're saying, but you have to have something on the line in the match.

Wrestle Kingdom 11 begins airing on AXS TV this Friday night with Jim Ross on commentary. They appear to be airing the matches in reverse order over 4 weeks, so Friday's episode will focus solely on the "6-star" main event between Kazuchika Okada and Kenny Omega.

The DELETION of the TNA name has begun. They did the logo a few days ago, now they've wiped it from Twitter and other online presence.

Yes, it took this long and a change in ownership before someone decided Tits and Ass Wrestling was a poor choice for a company name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZC8Cct61Rk

Next time somebody asks why I love wrestling, this is the video I'm showing them.

bread's done
Back