Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown actively in months, just sticking to the PPVs...I can honestly tell you it saddens me that I feel as if I've missed nothing.

Those Jinder segments where he mocked Nakamura though? Jesus Christ, awful.
I Just watch Raw and Smackdown either on youtube or skip around on Hulu, Though NXT has been fantastic once Nakamura went to the main roster and it felt like everything has opened up alot more.

I'm surprised WWE is giving away the in-ring return of Kurt Angle and Balor vs Styles with no buildup and two days notice.
Woah, I just read this too. Is this real? I mean.. wow, what is going on?! lol

Speechless right now. The Finn Balor/Bray angle should have ended after the last PPV, and I wonder if Roman failed another drug test. Little bummed now because I was pretty excited for the Shield's entrance at TLC.

I'm surprised WWE is giving away the in-ring return of Kurt Angle and Balor vs Styles with no buildup and two days notice.
Yeah, so confusing. I understand needing to figure out a substitute - but why those two?

Don't get me wrong, I'm way more excited for both of those matches now but it doesn't make sense.

Woah, I just read this too. Is this real? I mean.. wow, what is going on?! lol

Speechless right now. The Finn Balor/Bray angle should have ended after the last PPV, and I wonder if Roman failed another drug test. Little bummed now because I was pretty excited for the Shield's entrance at TLC.
Nah, apparently a bunch of superstars have the mumps.

So now I can't see my create a character match of Great Pumpkin vs man in drag? And does this mean the Balor-Wyatt feud is going to get extended EVEN longer now?? #PrayForBalor

I'm curious how this changes the writing because I can see Angle taking the fall instead of Kane. Makes Survivor Series possibly more interesting.

TLC fashion thoughts:

• Disappointed Balor ditched the pumpkin demon theme
  • Strowman's UGGs look really cute
  • Angle's lack of red white and blue tactical vest is also disappointing 

This invasion angle was a bit more interesting than last year's, but more than anything it's just reminded me how much I love Rusev. 

The weird continuity nerd in me was kinda shocked in how quickly Gable went after Jordan.
I mean it was weird watching all of the babyfaces viciously ganging up with heels against others altogether. It was so strangely out of character. WWE keeps doing this more and more lately, I think to kind of push the envelope or whatever. But from my perspective all it does is further water down their already weak storytelling, rather than add extra dimension to it.

Think cruiserweights from a few weeks back, all ganging up on Enzo, whereas now he's just friends with the heels who ganged up on him previously.

I mean it was weird watching all of the babyfaces viciously ganging up with heels against others altogether. It was so strangely out of character. WWE keeps doing this more and more lately, I think to kind of push the envelope or whatever. But from my perspective all it does is further water down their already weak storytelling, rather than add extra dimension to it.

Think cruiserweights from a few weeks back, all ganging up on Enzo, whereas now he's just friends with the heels who ganged up on him previously.
I Think after last year when Bayley helped attacked the SmackDown women's division and showing no remorse in doing so, I feel this is par for the course in terms of Survivor Series build up and this is now a weird universe everyone is in.

Emma is a bit of a surprise, but not really considering she's been clamoring for a push for so long and instead they just left her to do nothing for about a year.

And surely the indie scene will have use for a black John Cena.

Darren_Young.1.jpg

Jericho not giving a fuck at an all time high!

Also reading everyone's comments online of "Now this means Kenny is going to lose the belt to Jericho and follow him to WWE" really hurts my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finish should have been Almas winning after Vega's hurricanrana spike to McIntyre. I don't care what the implications are. That was  fuck ing great.

Finish should have been Almas winning after Vega's hurricanrana spike to McIntyre. I don't care what the implications are. That was fuck ing great.
I'm of two minds, I thought that could have been it but I also don't mind going more since I thought it was fantastic.

Not big on Drew dropping the belt already, but honestly that guy should have probably been on the main roster once he re-signed anyway, so...I dunno. Hope his arm isn't as bad as most are expecting.

War Games was a super fun mess.

Dream/Black is my MOTY. Zero doubt about it. Holy fucking shit. Perfect build-up, perfect characters, perfect match, perfect payoff, even a perfect crowd.

Dream/Black is my MOTY. Zero doubt about it. Holy fucking shit. Perfect build-up, perfect characters, perfect match, perfect payoff, even a perfect crowd.
This match completely sold me on the Velveteen Dream character. I'm all in. I hope they keep building him up on NXT with some decent feuds, maybe give him a run with the championship and lead that in to a high-profile main roster feud while still champion (think Kevin Owens vs Cena). Maybe that's too hopeful, but I feel like that's the most feasible way this gimmick can transition to main roster successfully.

IF they can pull that off, I will be excited. I'm down for more fun gimmicky upper card dudes on the main roster.

I'm excited. Catching up on NXT before jumping into Takeover War Games and I am loving what I'm watching of the build up so far since their characters are so different, but the story line is working for me.

Sonya Deville? I Mean...really? I Find her one of the most boring wrestlers both in terms of character and in ring ability and does Amber Rose mostly just do NXT live shows because I think I've only seen her on NXT TV like twice.

Crazy Mary becomes boring Sarah, but gets to the main roster. Weird.

205 Live gave me what I wanted, Hideo "coming soon".

I'm so confused by the women's division. What are they even doing? I want to think this is leading somewhere, but it's probably not.

Why not have kept Emma, bring up the ICONIC duo and have an Aussie stable? That'd be tight. Or just bring up Ruby Riot to team with Paige. That'd be tight. Or release Liv Morgan. Most importantly, release Liv Morgan. Why did they bring up Liv Morgan?

Why not have kept Emma, bring up the ICONIC duo and have an Aussie stable? That'd be tight. Or just bring up Ruby Riot to team with Paige. That'd be tight. Or release Liv Morgan. Most importantly, release Liv Morgan. Why did they bring up Liv Morgan?
So her and Carmella can finally have the "Winner Gets All of New Jersey" match.

Mildly surprising (but very welcome) title change at NXT tapings, WWE announced it already. Supposedly to air 12/20.

Impact is throwing in the towel on trying to keep the "Broken" gimmick to themselves...as well as controlling pretty much any gimmick any Impact performer uses.

I'd say good news for Matt, but it's not like "we can't afford pyro anymore" WWE is going to allow him to make and air 15 minute minimovies on Raw that he needs to maximize the effectiveness of the character. At best he's going to be a good guy version of Bray Wyatt that cuts the same promo every other week but never wins/does anything, and gets a segment that's the Raw equivalent of Fashion Files, featuring Matt dressing up his kid in funny costumes and playing with a drone he bought on Amazon Prime.

bread's done
Back