Problem on eBay...

SuperhumanChichi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay, so recently I bought a game from a relatively new seller on eBay. The seller had +2 feedback (100%) and I figured no one was buying the item from this person because he was new and he was in another country (Japan). On Paypal, it said he was a verified, so I figured it was safe. I paid for it on August 23rd. Now when I checked my email on August 25th, I receive an email from Paypal stating:

"We recently learned that eBay removed the listing for the following
transaction. As a result, we have placed the transaction on hold until we
complete an investigation. We are contacting the seller to gather
additional transaction details. We will contact you once our investigation
is complete."

So I signed on to eBay to contact the seller and -lo and behold- the seller closed his account. He never sent me the tracking number he promised to send or anything. It became pretty obvious that it was a scam. I contacted Paypal since I remembered that eBay recently put into effect this rule where Paypal holds on to their money until the buyer leaves the seller feedback, since I was hoping that I can get my money back that way. The customer service reps at Paypal aren't particularly helpful, essentially implying not to jump to conclusions, that the seller probably hasn't checked his email yet because his computer is broken (yeah sure, that's why he closed his account...) and the rep just told me to look up his contact info (i.e. telephone #) on eBay, which I obviously cannot do since he closed his account!

What do you all think of this predicament? Am I overreacting? Can I get my money back?

:bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
SuperhumanChichi, do you have the payapl e-mail receipt?? Maybe it has the info to contact the seller on your receipt or on the paypal account info. Though to me he does sound like a scam artist. Plus having to call to Japan would be alot of trouable.

[quote name='scudnmuff']SuperhumanChichi, do you have the payapl e-mail receipt?? Maybe it has the info to contact the seller on your receipt or on the paypal account info. Though to me he does sound like a scam artist. Plus having to call to Japan would be alot of trouable.[/quote]

Yes, I do have the Paypal receipt, but for some reason it does not have his address or contact info. All it says is:

Payment To: ************ (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
Seller's ID: writewhitepops
Seller's Email: ***********

bread's done
Back