PROBLEM - Preordered Metal Gear: Subsistence Limited Edition but did not receive

[quote name='m0dem']You cant blame konami for your preorder not getting shipped to you they have nothing to do with it. Its EBgames and Gamestop who did not fulfill the preorder you made. EBGames and Gamestop sold too many copies than what they were going to get.[/quote]

I understand that. But if it could push them to make more...

I also wanted to say that I also gave a long ass letter to EB and GameStop, since some stores had more than they needed. I was also asking if they are giving compensation, because this is BS. I mean trying to buy one off EBay is $150. So the blame is not solely on Konami. In fact, Konami may not be to blame at all. Still, I'm hoping Konami will understand what's going on, and that they may see many people got screwed over. So hopefully this will push reprinting.

According to other threads, as well as some GameCrazy employees, GameCrazy also received some extra copies. So what the hell?

Wait a minute. Did you get your money back for your pre-order? If you did, you aren't entitled to anything more from Konami or EB/Gamestop. It would be nice if they hooked you up with some sort of voucher or coupon but they certainly don't have to. I'm sorry you didn't get one but you could've gone out and got yourself one to cover your chances of not getting a pre order. It took me all morning of calling around and then a drive to Jerome Ave in the Bronx to get my copy but I certainly wasn't going to miss out on this game.

[quote name='depascal22']Wait a minute. Did you get your money back for your pre-order? If you did, you aren't entitled to anything more from Konami or EB/Gamestop. It would be nice if they hooked you up with some sort of voucher or coupon but they certainly don't have to. I'm sorry you didn't get one but you could've gone out and got yourself one to cover your chances of not getting a pre order. It took me all morning of calling around and then a drive to Jerome Ave in the Bronx to get my copy but I certainly wasn't going to miss out on this game.[/quote]

My preorder money is actually still in the system. All I want to know is if I'm still guarenteed a copy or not, so I know what to do with the money I used to preorder the game. I'm waiting for a 100% certain response, rather than "I don't know" or "I think it's not coming anymore" or "just keep your money in just in case there is late shipments". Sigh. I just need to know for sure so I can just settle for the regular version if I have to. And you're right, I should have bought an extra copy from the other stores, but I trusted that EB would have the copy they "guarenteed" I would get.

[quote name='masterduelist']it's over, no more LE. I emailed them about the backordered. Here is their response:

email3zf.th.jpg

[/quote]

Any way to zoom this picture? Can't read it.

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']My preorder money is actually still in the system. All I want to know is if I'm still guarenteed a copy or not, so I know what to do with the money I used to preorder the game. I'm waiting for a 100% certain response, rather than "I don't know" or "I think it's not coming anymore" or "just keep your money in just in case there is late shipments". Sigh. I just need to know for sure so I can just settle for the regular version if I have to. And you're right, I should have bought an extra copy from the other stores, but I trusted that EB would have the copy they "guarenteed" I would get.[/QUOTE]

I know it's not much consolation, and it sucks that you got screwed, but you're seriously SERIOUSLY not missing anything with the LE. Unless you're a collector, it's not worth the headache. I sold mine and will buy a regular edition. Kudos to Konami for keeping the LE limited, but in the future they might want to add something sweet to convince people to hang on to it(imagine if the LE only included all of those other extras on the 2nd disc of subsistence. There'd be fucking riots).

the email basically said, they're unable to get more copies of the LE. My only options are to cancel my order and get a refund or change my order to the regular Subsistence. I just cancelled it, and will no longer do business with them anymore.

[quote name='masterduelist']the email basically said, they're unable to get more copies of the LE. My only options are to cancel my order and get a refund or change my order to the regular Subsistence. I just cancelled it, and will no longer do business with them anymore.[/quote]

Bastards. They won't even give you compensation? That's BS man.

Look, I hate to play Devil's Advocate, but they can only sell what they have. They might have had a contract with Konami to produce so many but they could only get x amount in. Some people were bound to get screwed and they did. Next time, try to get a preorder online and one in store. You might want to boycott Gamestop, but Konami might be the one that truly deserves your wrath.

Great, called them and it's for sure they're not getting any in.

The thing that pisses me off is that we don't get a definite answer early, so that we can actually get the game in store if things don't work out. But no, they have to keep us waiting for 2 weeks. I cancelled my order and called six stores in my area, none of which have any in stock.

Screw Gamestop.

[quote name='Etude']Great, called them and it's for sure they're not getting any in.

The thing that pisses me off is that we don't get a definite answer early, so that we can actually get the game in store if things don't work out. But no, they have to keep us waiting for 2 weeks. I cancelled my order and called six stores in my area, none of which have any in stock.

Screw Gamestop.[/quote]

They could at least give us vouchers for this mess

Man, now that I think about it, I should've just gotten the normal version and returned it, but keep the preorder bonus. Now it looks like there's no way Ic an get the preorder bonus or Subsistence LE.

You think that some B&M stores still have the Saga disc? I hope they do, cause I'm gonna ask for it when I buy Subsistence.

[quote name='Etude']You think that some B&M stores still have the Saga disc? I hope they do, cause I'm gonna ask for it when I buy Subsistence.[/QUOTE]

i got my LE game without the saga disc :(

[quote name='Beana Blasta']i got my LE game without the saga disc :([/quote]

Honestly, I rather have the limited edition. By the way though, is the third disc worth it?

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']Honestly, I rather have the limited edition. By the way though, is the third disc worth it?[/quote]
not really it just has a 3 hour movie and a couple trailers i mean i am glad i preordered and got it but i dont think its worth payin 180 bucks extra for on ebay

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']Honestly, I rather have the limited edition. By the way though, is the third disc worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's a 3 hour movie that can only be watched on your PS2 and you can't pause it. So no inbibing of ANY liquid one hour before show time and during the viewing if you know what's good for ya'.

[quote name='Ecofreak']It's a 3 hour movie that can only be watched on your PS2 and you can't pause it. So no inbibing of ANY liquid one hour before show time and during the viewing if you know what's good for ya'.[/QUOTE]

You can't even pause it?

Wow, that movie is completely worthless.

Actually, I got really lucky. I found out about the game and LE almost a week after release. Did lots of dialing, and was able to pick up a LE with the Saga disc on 03/21/2006 for retail price from GameStop. Did not even pre-order. Karma, baby!

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Actually, I got really lucky. I found out about the game and LE almost a week after release. Did lots of dialing, and was able to pick up a LE with the Saga disc on 03/21/2006 for retail price from GameStop. Did not even pre-order. Karma, baby![/quote]

So your place actually had extra ones?? I'm really wondering how the distribution center screwed up on these preorders. Some stores getting more than they should, while others are getting less. Your really lucky man. Know any other places where they have more?

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']So your place actually had extra ones?? I'm really wondering how the distribution center screwed up on these preorders. Some stores getting more than they should, while others are getting less. Your really lucky man. Know any other places where they have more?[/QUOTE]

Two EB's I know of here got at least 10 copies, no joke, while other stores only got two.

Some didn't even get any.

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']So your place actually had extra ones?? I'm really wondering how the distribution center screwed up on these preorders. Some stores getting more than they should, while others are getting less. Your really lucky man. Know any other places where they have more?[/QUOTE]

around here, don't think there's more LE's, unless they get more in new shipments. the sales associate i purchased it from said the pre-order customer never came in to pick-up, so they released it for sale over the weekend. they were out of saga discs, but the gilroy store had 4 extras on 03-21-2006, so i just drove down and showed them my receipt; rest is history. karma is good.

This is GameStop's response:

"Since this was simply a case where we were unable to fill your order, there is no compensation to be given. When your order did not come in, you the consumer had the right to not purchase the regular edition and get a refund for your deposit. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience but we have no control over the manufacturer’s decision to make the quantity they decided on."

There has to be something that can be done...

What happened to the promise of being GUARENTEED a copy??

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']

What happened to the promise of being GUARENTEED a copy??[/QUOTE]

that's how stores sell reserves too! = 'Guarentee yourself a copy.'

i think, 'yeah right! do i look seven years old?' but reply, 'no thanks.'

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']This is GameStop's response:

"Since this was simply a case where we were unable to fill your order, there is no compensation to be given. When your order did not come in, you the consumer had the right to not purchase the regular edition and get a refund for your deposit. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience but we have no control over the manufacturer’s decision to make the quantity they decided on."

There has to be something that can be done...

What happened to the promise of being GUARENTEED a copy??[/QUOTE]

File a complaint with the BBB. It might not do much, but they pretty much have to respond.

Reality's Fringe said:
File a complaint with the BBB. It might not do much, but they pretty much have to respond.

That's the only recourse. The only problem is that as long as you got your money back, gamestop didn't do anything wrong. Yes it sucks that you didn't get what you wanted but that's life. Move on and try to find it in the wild or hope for a reprint.

[quote name='depascal22']That's the only recourse. The only problem is that as long as you got your money back, gamestop didn't do anything wrong. Yes it sucks that you didn't get what you wanted but that's life. Move on and try to find it in the wild or hope for a reprint.[/quote]

Thing is, I highly doubt there is going to be a reprint.

[quote name='Tooboe-Kaze']Thing is, I highly doubt there is going to be a reprint.[/QUOTE]

you forgot about gamequestdirect (I know..I Know...they suck....but they do exist).
I have seen a lot of reprints of games that were once rare.

I'm tired so i wont read all of this, the thing with EB games and Gamestop is that this month (April) is the month everything will be finallized and all the stores are to finish being converted. EB Game stores that havnt been converted dont have a connection to Gamestop shipping wharehouses so they dont always get what need, its like a guessing game. I work at an EB Games that has been converted so we get what we order + some since Gamestop gets titles soley on preorders (a.k.a. If you dont preorder a game that may be hard to find or is not well known, chances are grim your going to get one there the first week or 2 if ever. Same goes with limited edition stuff). So if a store gets 3 preorders on a game not anticipated on being a big hit, they may send 5 or 6, and if its a big anticipated title maybe 10, BIG sellers (Like Kingdom Hearts 2) the preorders vs shipment can be 3x the amount (Our store had 70+ breorders and we recieved about 180). Moral of this story is ask them if they've been converted before you try preordering a game that will be hard to get later down the road

damnit all. Yeah, the dvd may not be that much to trip about, but still, going online for ~$80-100 is still an insult. They could at least give a voucher or something!

Out of nowhere, I just got my copy in the mail today from Gamestop. No Saga DVD though. Did this happen to anyone else? I wonder where they found more...

[quote name='seebelow']Out of nowhere, I just got my copy in the mail today from Gamestop. No Saga DVD though. Did this happen to anyone else? I wonder where they found more...[/quote]

Merry Christmas?

[quote name='seebelow']Out of nowhere, I just got my copy in the mail today from Gamestop. No Saga DVD though. Did this happen to anyone else? I wonder where they found more...[/quote]
Congratulations! You shouldn't complain since a lot of people didn't get their order and what you got can easily score you $100 on ebay ;)

What's the send date on the invoice? They couldn't have possibly lost your package at a hidden corner and just discovered it, could they?

[quote name='eau']Congratulations! You shouldn't complain since a lot of people didn't get their order and what you got can easily score you $100 on ebay ;)

What's the send date on the invoice? They couldn't have possibly lost your package at a hidden corner and just discovered it, could they?[/QUOTE]
The invoice is dated 8/11. According to my online statement, that is also when they charged my credit card. I don't know, maybe they found some extra hidden in a warehouse somewhere...
And believe me, I'm not complaining. I'm just really glad that I never did buy the regular edition. :)

[quote name='wbc1228']you forgot about gamequestdirect (I know..I Know...they suck....but they do exist).
I have seen a lot of reprints of games that were once rare.[/quote]

The game itself is still easy to obtain, and even if they did reprint it, the only version they would reprint would most likely be the game itself.

Example: Lunar SSSC (PSX). Original version came with all sort of neat extras. It was briefly reprinted later on and it was only the game itself with none of the extras.

bread's done
Back