problem solved

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I have the 30GB, I upgraded the firmware and it says "Firmware problem" on the screen and nothing works.

Even after using the reset button it doesn't work, just says "firmware problem".

Help?

tried reinstalling it?

Why'd you even update the firmware? AFAIK, it removes radio recording and only fixes minor, unnoticable bugs.

I found out how to erase the firmware (and everything else =/ ), and I tried reinstalling and it keeps freezing and starting over.

It's out of warranty, I am trying all different firmware installers and stuff.

eh, did everything the customer support said to do, erased the firmware, rredownloaded the installer, and reinstalled the firmware, and it still doesn't work.

Oh well, shit happens.

And deals on really cheap flash-based mp3 players, like 128MB? (I'm completely broke)

[quote name='Quackzilla']
And deals on really cheap flash-based mp3 players, like 128MB? (I'm completely broke)[/quote]
Well don't know if you shop at Target at all, but they have a 64mb mp3 player built into a $50 gift card. So basically you buy the gift card and get the mp3 player for free.

Probably not a great player, but if you're going to shop at Target anyway, it's not bad and the price is right.

Hope somebody's able to help you with your current one.

bread's done
Back