laserazer

CAGiversary!
Hi,

My setup:
ECS RC410L/800-M (V2.0)
raidmax 500X PSU
western digital raptor 74GB
1GB patriot DDR2 667

I recently purchased an ati X1900XT. I installed the card and everything seems great while playing some demo games like far cry. I sometimes experience some hiccups while the game settings are turned very high. When I checked CATALYST control panel under "Graphics hardware" the core clock and memory clock reads, 500Mhz and 594Mhz, respectively. I thought the graphics card is capable of having 625Mhz core clock and 1.45Ghz memory clock (according to ati's website). Is there something wrong with the card or software setup?

I was wondering if I need to disable the onboard graphics but I'm not too sure what to do. ThX!

[quote name='laserazer']Hi,

My setup:
ECS RC410L/800-M (V2.0)
raidmax 500X PSU
western digital raptor 74GB
1GB patriot DDR2 667

I recently purchased an ati X1900XT. I installed the card and everything seems great while playing some demo games like far cry. I sometimes experience some hiccups while the game settings are turned very high. When I checked CATALYST control panel under "Graphics hardware" the core clock and memory clock reads, 500Mhz and 594Mhz, respectively. I thought the graphics card is capable of having 625Mhz core clock and 1.45Ghz memory clock (according to ati's website). Is there something wrong with the card or software setup?

I was wondering if I need to disable the onboard graphics but I'm not too sure what to do. ThX![/QUOTE]

this is why I left ATI 4 years ago and never looked back..There drivers are shit... I say return the card, and if it still gives you problems, switch over to an NVIDIA card.

MOBO drivers allow the CPU and MOBO to talk to the video card in a timely matter, if you didn't install them at all that would definitely cause game lag. AND or if the MOBO drivers are older it may cause the symptoms you said you have.

I had a friend put my computer together and all he used was windows xp pro. i don't think he used the mobo drivers. I should install the mobo drivers but is it too late?

No, it's not too late. I'd also check and see if the CPU has a driver as well. I only make Athlon systems so I don't now if intel uses drivers for the CPUs but I know AMD does.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't see why everyone complains about ATI's drivers... they're working fine for me.:whistle2:?[/quote]

Yeah I never had a problem. But I do not use them anymore anyways, I switched to the Omega drivers.

[quote name='dtarasev']Yeah I never had a problem. But I do not use them anymore anyways, I switched to the Omega drivers.[/QUOTE]
Are the Omega drivers better or something?

The way it the X1900XT typically works is it boosts itself to full clock speed in 3d applications only.

Check your catalyst control center after alt-tabbing out of a game (don't exit the game), and it should read its full clockspeed.

Nothing is wrong with your card, it is behaving as it should.

mine runs fine, and it has 500/594 clocks when I'm not running a game

If you're experiencing hiccups, I'd suspect that your cpu isn't allowing you to get the most out of the X1900XT, so I'd cut some settings down in the games you're having trouble with until you find a happy balance between performance and visuals for your particular rig

bread's done
Back