Problem with Dracula X

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last night, I unlocked Symphony of the Night in the Dracula X Chronicles. I then saved the game and exited back to the main menu to play it. However, when I tried to load it up, it went to the "Now Loading" screen for about a minute, then went to a completely black screen.

All this time, the UMD was spinning and the memory stick access light was flashing. It stayed that way for at least three minutes, then my PSP automatically shut off.

I tried again, and the same thing happened. Then I tried a system update, and the same thing happened. Then I tried it with the AC adapter plugged in, and the same thing happened. This morning I tried it with a full battery, and the SAME FRICKIN' THING HAPPENED.

Is my PSP gimped? Did I somehow get a faulty UMD? Or is the save data on my memory stick corrupted? I should note that I tried loading other UMDs and they worked fine.

I just want to play SotN!

[quote name='DiscoJer']You might trying download the gamesave with SOTN unlocked at Gamefaqs, and see if that works. If not, then it's probably the disc.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/save/938141.html[/QUOTE]

I just tried it, and still no dice. However, I checked the disc and now there is a huge, ugly scratch across the outer edge of my UMD. Chances are it was probably there last night, but I didn't notice it.

Wonderful...I'm stuck with a broken UMD. Is there anything I can do? I got it using the $25 Toys R Us gift card from the Mario Galaxy purchase, and I'm pretty sure I don't have my receipt.

[quote name='AndrewCP']Is the scratch only on the UMD casing itself or on the actual disc inside? If the disc is fine then you can get some very durable (even moreso than the originals) replacement cases here: http://www.multimediarecovery.com[/QUOTE]

Sadly, it's on the actual disk. No idea how it got there, but it's clearly the source of my problem.

I guess it was fate that Amazon's Deal of the Day is this exact game. I just ordered a replacement copy.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Sadly, it's on the actual disk. No idea how it got there, but it's clearly the source of my problem.

I guess it was fate that Amazon's Deal of the Day is this exact game. I just ordered a replacement copy.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't you have returned it to the store where you bought it for a replacement rather than buying a new copy?

[quote name='redline']Couldn't you have returned it to the store where you bought it for a replacement rather than buying a new copy?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']I got it using the $25 Toys R Us gift card from the Mario Galaxy purchase, and I'm pretty sure I don't have my receipt.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be rude...I just don't think Toys R Us would replace an opened game without any receipt. Or any store for that matter.

bread's done
Back