Problem with Gears of War 2 Limited Editions without Lancer Codes at Best Buy

The Successful Dropout

CAGiversary!
Feedback
101 (100%)
LONG VERSION WITH MY TYPICAL RAMBLINGS AND HATRED FOR PARAGRAPHS (scroll for short version):

So...I was frantically looking for Gears of War 2 Limited Editions for myself and some friends. A lot of stores were sold out of them around me (near Baltimore). I ended up finding some at a Best Buy farther from my house. I bought 2 there with the tanks. I then found out some more friends wanted some, so I finally found some at a Circuit City near me and bought 3 (with the 1600 point cards on rain-check). I then went to the Best Buy across the street and bought 3 more. I didn't need all of these, but I needed a few for some friends and I honestly threw a couple up on ebay (oh no) because people are going crazy for the lancer codes. Anyways...I get home and after giving my friends their copies, I opened up a few and at the beginning, the gold lancer codes were all there in the strip under the 48 hour code and map code. I opened another and the code for the lancer wasn't there. Searching online to see if anyone else has gone through this, I come across few people who have, some people who didn't even get the card with the codes on it. Realistically, some people were lying about it just to get more codes...but from it happening to me...I knew that at least some people most likely were telling the truth. So no one on the message boards knew what to do. Most of the people were getting yelled at for being stupid and supposedly not looking in the right place for the code, or being told that they must've bought the regular edition...or are just lying to get another code to sell on ebay. Well my friends and I opened up all of the games and found that 3 out of 8 had no lancer code....just a blank spot. Those 3 also had no mention of the lancer code on the front of the card. Someone on one message board was saying that they bought one at Best Buy like this. So I narrowed it down to figuring that the Best Buy that I bought 3 at was the store in my area that was selling the Limited Editions with what I assume is Regular Editions cards inside. I guess someone at the warehouse fucked up when packaging these. Maybe they ran out of the LE cards and said screw it...I don't know. So I call Best Buy and tell them this story, assuming theyr'e going to not understand or just think I'm lying. Either way, I had the receipts and the games w/ the cards...I just needed to go there and swap them out. So I went there and had the lady (who was actually nice for a change) open up the 3 that she was letting me swap for. Luckily, for my sake of always wanting to prove that I'm not scamming and that I'm not lying (I'm always defensive when it comes to this kind of shit), she opened up one and I opened one and both didn't have the Lancer codes in them just like the ones that I bought. So she didn't really care, but just asked if I wanted to return mine or what. I asked if she could look up in the computer to see if there were any other stores around here that had the LEs in stock. She did and I had her call to see if they could hold them for me until tomorrow morning because they're selling out everywhere and by the time I would get to the other Best Buy, they would've been closed. They told her that they could hold them for tonight, but can't hold them overnight because of their policy. This is complete bullshit. That policy is in place for people who haven't purchased an item yet. So that they don't have a product held for a potential buyer who may not show up, and lose a definite sale if a buyer in the store leaves without said product because it was on hold. So anyways...no one seemed to care there that they were selling the LEs without one of the main reasons people are buying them. I explained to her that they would have a lot of complaints if they didn't take them off the shelves...she didn't seem to care...but whatever...it didn't matter to me if it didn't matter to her...I just wanted what I paid for. So I left and called the other Best Buy myself. They spewed the same shit to me and I explained why that policy was in place and that this was a special circumstance for someone who already bought an item...not for a potential buyer and it's for a product that is more likely to sell out. She didn't care and I politely asked if I could speak to a manager. She sent me to a manager. After ten minutes of being on hold, some bitch answered. I could tell right off the bat that she was going to be fun to deal with because of her ghetto ass tone. I asked if the previous employee had explained my situation with her, she replied with, "sorta." So I asked if she wanted to hear the situation. She replied with, "it don't matta, policy is policy, I ain't holding anything for you." I then actually told her that I could tell she wasn't going to be any helpful just from her tone. She then started being a bigger bitch (I didn't care at this point...I wasn't getting anywhere anyways). She ended up just calling me "baby" "sweetheart" "doll" and other "cute" names to try and belittle me and the situation. I had already told every Best Buy employee that I had spoken with that I realize this is nerdy and maybe you will or won't think it's a big deal. I ended up thanking her for being unhelpful, not understanding, not providing customer service and being a smart-ass with me.

SHORT VERSION:

• One Best Buy in my area is selling LEs without the Lancer codes.

• I proved this by going there and opening 2 up with them.

• They are willing to swap mine out with LEs from another store.

• Store policy won't allow them to hold products for someone who is already a customer and was sold a product with a manufacturing issue.

• That store policy is really in place for potential buyers who take products off of the shelves for "real-time, in-store now" buyers.

• Some employees are nice, others are giant bitches.

• Best Buy doesn't care if they're selling products that are not complete and have manufacturing issues.

• I will be at the other store at 10am tomorrow morning, hopefully the flaming cunt won't be there.

My friend got a copy of the LE and his did not even have the download card like mine. He was screwed on the maps AND the golden lancer. :(

Yeah, he took it back and they gave him a new copy no problem and that one HAS the code in it.

The person doing the return said that one other copy was returned with the same problem.

are the map codes missing as well?

i just scored a free copy (still sealed/regular edition), and i'm taking it to GS to put towards Mirror's Edge

i'll give the code to someone who needs it

buddy of mine got screwed 2 he got the regular version from gamestop and it didnt have the 5 flashback map-packs, gamestop dosnt care/or claims 2 not believe hime cuz they will not replace

Wait, so I just opened my copy (I know, I'm very late) and I just got a regular LIVE subscription card inside. It does say (on the LIVE sub card) it includes the flashback map pack and a gold lancer code. Is that all it's supposed to be? Or did I get screwed too?

[quote name='Vinny']Wait, so I just opened my copy (I know, I'm very late) and I just got a regular LIVE subscription card inside. It does say (on the LIVE sub card) it includes the flashback map pack and a gold lancer code. Is that all it's supposed to be? Or did I get screwed too?[/quote]

If you tear off the panel on the back you should have 3 separate codes.

[quote name='NJMane']If you tear off the panel on the back you should have 3 separate codes.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. I was going to sell it on eBay but the prices have died down since then... oh well.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back