Problem with my cube? Need help!

Derwood43

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys.

I recently bought Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2 for the gamecube. Everytime I actually get into the gameplay, the game freezes. I can have anywhere from 5-20 seconds of gameplay and the game freezes. I've tested all my other games, and they work just fine. The disc is clean as well. I'm stumped.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Any advice?

Maybe the game has a chip in it. Does it make a "hurrring" sound when it spins?

Seriously, though, I have heard of no issues with the game. But that's just me.

Really? This is the second disc that I've tried.

I've looked all over the net and can't seem to find anything.

The disc is in good condition. I'm truly bewildered.

Does it freeze at the same point in the game? If so, maybe you can try find another GameCube to try the game on to see if the problem is with the disc or your GameCube.

A while ago I had some similar problem with a game on my SP. I wasn't sure if the problem is with my SP or the cart. So I went to my local GameStop and the guy was nice enough to let me try my cart on his SP so I could tell if the problem is with the SP or the cart. Maybe your local game store will let you try it out if you don't know anyone with a GameCube.

It might just be the cube processor, I bought fatal frame for xbox and it did the same thing on my buddy's xbox but it worked perfectly fine on mine. The best advice I can tell you is to take it back and get a new one because my friend bought fatal frame because he liked the part he played and his copy worked fine on his xbox

I had a BRAND NEW copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 I bought from EB when you could still buy it retail that wouldnt boot on 3 different PS2's....my only suggestion is to take it back, it is possible to have a brand new scratch free disk just not work, whoever you bought it from shouldnt have a problem taking it back as long as you got it recently

Just because the disc is in good condition doesn't mean crap. I've had games scratched to all hell work fine and others in perfect shape not work. Some discs just don't work out of the factory or due to a very minor flaw.

Just take the game back and see if you can exchange it. If you still have problems, you know somethings up with your GC (or you have really bad luck).

ummm i dunno if this will help but here it goes.... i have had a similar issue with rogue squadron 3 the game wood freeze while i was playing and i was using a pelican's G3 controller... i was trying to figure out wat went wrong & i read somewhere (i think it was rogue squadron 3 's manual but i dont remember) that it is recommended that one uses only official nintendo products (like controllers and stuff made by nintendo only) or u might experience some in game issues..... so i tested out this recommendation and used a wavebird instead of the G3 controller and it works perfectly without any freezes and i have never used my G3 controller for rogue squadron 3 and it works fine now..... yea i dont know if the rogue squadron games r wierd like that and really have issues with hardware like this but its worth a try for u i guess

I bought Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast, the disc looked fine and it does the same thing as you. I have C&C for the PC, it's 10 years old, scratched tto hell and works fine.

bread's done
Back