Problem with my iTunes...

Darkstar

CAGiversary!
After getting my iTunes songs reloaded onto my PC, I cannot play any of the iTunes and when I go to play them, it says that iTunes doesnt work and then it will say that my Windows Media Player doesnt support that type of music format... and the format is M4A... and I dont know what to do because redownloading the iTunes doesnt work and I have way too many songs to just start over, b/c i have a good 6500 on there, but i just cant get them to play...

if anyone has any idea on how to fix this, i would really appreciate it.. thanks...

right, i realize that, but what i need to know is how to get them back to MP3... any idea?

btw- thanks for the reply, i appreciate it : )

You should be able to play them without converting them. Get foobar2000 and tell those proprietary players to piss off.

Edit: and if you just REALLY want to convert them, foobar2000 can do that too.

this is why iTunes doesn't blow..

Go to Edit>preferences>Advance>Importing. Change 'Import using' to MP3.

Highlight the songs or playlists you want to convert. Right Click...choose 'Convert to mp3'...
Selected songs will be converted and all songs will be imported using Mp3.

However AAC (mp4) is a much better format. Better quality/ smaller file.

[quote name='usickenme']However AAC (mp4) is a much better format. Better quality/ smaller file.[/QUOTE]

It also takes up a lot more processing power. Somewhere in the neck of 2x.

For the iPod to use the song or for it to be made?
Cuz if its just to be made then I'm all over it.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']It also takes up a lot more processing power. Somewhere in the neck of 2x.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing to encode (rip), because playing them, decoding, takes less.

[quote name='usickenme']I am guessing to encode (rip), because playing them, decoding, takes less.[/QUOTE]

Nope, both encoding and playing m4as take more processing power. I can't vouch for iTunes, since it seems to vary between 20-100% processing power for doing small things (like clicking on a playlist or changing focus to iTunes). However, Winamp will take much more processing power to play an m4a than an mp3. When I play some of the more hardware intensive games with winamp, m4a will stutter sometimes whereas mp3s don't.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Nope, both encoding and playing m4as take more processing power. I can't vouch for iTunes, since it seems to vary between 20-100% processing power for doing small things (like clicking on a playlist or changing focus to iTunes). However, Winamp will take much more processing power to play an m4a than an mp3. When I play some of the more hardware intensive games with winamp, m4a will stutter sometimes whereas mp3s don't.[/QUOTE]

Probabaly a Winamp/ Windows problem..

From apple's website..
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/technologies/aac/

When compared side-by-side, AAC proves itself worthy of replacing MP3 as the new Internet audio standard. Take a look at these AAC advantages over MP3:

-Improved compression provides higher-quality results with smaller file sizes
-Support for multichannel audio, providing up to 48 full frequency channels
-Higher resolution audio, yielding sampling rates up to 96 kHz
-Improved decoding efficiency, requiring less processing power for decode

bread's done
Back