Problem With PC please help!!

batman2million

CAGiversary!
hey guys. my computer keeps having this problem were this sign pops up n says something bout system 32 error ...computer will shut down in 1:00. Does anyone know how to fix this problem..plz tell me..thnx

sounds like a virus.

have you run ani anti virus software? Try rebooting in safemode and trying to run it if you have it.

Wasn't that the Blast virus or something?

It was pretty big several months back. Check out Symentec's webpage; I believe they have some removal tool for it.

If that doesn't work, download ad-aware. It'll remove spyware. Another good tool. NOt sure if it will solve your problem, but it should help.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']If that doesn't work, download ad-aware. It'll remove spyware. Another good tool. NOt sure if it will solve your problem, but it should help.[/quote]

I would recommend Spybot S&D over Ad-aware any day.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

go there and download it. ITS FREE.

it also gets more stuff than AD-AWARE. Check the user reviews on Download.com if you don't believe me.

[quote name='drunken_master'][quote name='regisphilbi0']If that doesn't work, download ad-aware. It'll remove spyware. Another good tool. NOt sure if it will solve your problem, but it should help.[/quote]

it also gets more stuff than AD-AWARE. Check the user reviews on Download.com if you don't believe me.[/quote]

- Spybot is known to detect stuff that isn't spyware so if you are not careful you can crash your pc. Ex: on my last spybot check it wanted to delete some of my desktop icons.

- Spybot is not so much "better" than different. Spybot finds stuff that adaware doesn't find and vice versa.

-

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='drunken_master'][quote name='regisphilbi0']If that doesn't work, download ad-aware. It'll remove spyware. Another good tool. NOt sure if it will solve your problem, but it should help.[/quote]

it also gets more stuff than AD-AWARE. Check the user reviews on Download.com if you don't believe me.[/quote]

- Spybot is known to detect stuff that isn't spyware so if you are not careful you can crash your pc. Ex: on my last spybot check it wanted to delete some of my desktop icons.

- Spybot is not so much "better" than different. Spybot finds stuff that adaware doesn't find and vice versa.

-[/quote]

Amen.

Amen to the amen. I've always used ad aware simply because it works. It got rid of the spyware my dad had on his system... but let's not talk about that...

I use both spybot and adaware-they compliment each other. Spybot's been a lifesaver though, it fixed up my mum's box and kept her from nagging me for a while : )

[quote name='Scrubking']- Spybot is known to detect stuff that isn't spyware so if you are not careful you can crash your pc. Ex: on my last spybot check it wanted to delete some of my desktop icons.

- Spybot is not so much "better" than different. Spybot finds stuff that adaware doesn't find and vice versa.[/quote]
hmmm, I've always known that they complement each other. But I didn't know to watch out for Spybot. Thanks for the heads up, Scrubking.

[quote name='hutno']sounds like the Sasser worm[/quote]

DING DING DING! Bingo, we have a winner!

That's the Sasser worm alright, having to put up that sombitch already. Grab the removal tool from www.symantec.com (look under security response), run it (follow the instructions it gives), then go to Windows Update and get all critical updates.

Glad someone realized it was sasser. Our company has been getting nailed by it the last few days. Do what the above guys said, scan frequently, get your MS updates, use adaware..

[quote name='FeldBum']That is so Sasser.

Does it say that the LSASS.EXE file is responsible?[/quote]

i think i just got this virus today too...grrr...so far i think i fixed it but i also noticed something weird in my task manager by the name of:

rhnvzyrj.exe

does anyone know what this is? and if so, do i need to remove it or leave it alone....

bread's done
Back