Problem with trader, need some advice CAGs

SarBear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hey,

About a month ago I sold a Gamecube Action Replay device to an individual on ebay. Product works flawlessly as I tested it right before I packaged it to be sent to the winning bidder. After receiving the money and posting feedback and all that jazz, time goes by without him returning the feedback. He leaves a message stating that he can't get it to work on his system. I advise him to make sure the mem card is inserted into the second slot and wipe the lens clean. After that I get no response.

So about a week ago (one month after the ended auction) I get an email from him stating that this whole time he's been researching the solution for the disc. Seems as though older firmwares of the GC console work fine with the version of the Action Replay, but because his was newer, it would not work. He states that basically he has no use for the disc now and asks what course of action I want to take next.

--------------------

I supplied the version of the disc with the auction, but had no knowledge of newer consoles not being compatible with it. And he even outlined that I probably didn't know that. There's no way I'm giving him a refund, and I'm thinking the only positive thing I can tell him is that he should just resell it on Ebay himself and get rid of it that way.

But, do I open myself up for any liability involving this? Thanks in advance.

So your supposed to know what firmware verision your bidders have before selling an item on EBay?

It's your EBay profile but I would suggest that he do his research "before" bidding on items in the future.

That's like someone saying I bought Guitar Hero II from you (PS2 version) and it didn't work on the PS3 so I want my money back. Without the adapter of course.

Geez!

I dont think he was coming down on me for not supplying the information about it not working on newer Gamecubes, because he didn't know either and he is a self-proclaimed "techie."

But that's the angle he's using to support the idea that he has no use for the disc.

he is out of luck unless he files a paypal dispute for not as described and claims it's defective or something

I've got his email stating that the device isn't defective, that it's just his firmware is newer so the disc isn't recognized. The actual disc doesn't have a mark on it (at least at the time of sale) so it's wasn't worn out or anything. But, I guess I'll have to break the bad news.

Send him a coupon for $10 off used GameCubes at GS. Then, advise which version of the GameCube will work with the Action Replay.

It would be cheaper than him shipping the thing back after swapping out his current GameCube.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Send him a coupon for $10 off used GameCubes at GS. Then, advise which version of the GameCube will work with the Action Replay.

It would be cheaper than him shipping the thing back after swapping out his current GameCube.[/quote]

Hmm, that's a pretty good idea.

bread's done
Back