Problems loading Halo 3???

luvmysegadc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is anyone having problems loading a saved solo campaign on Halo 3 (or loading Halo 3 in general?

I've been home sick and realized that I need to finish the campaign (yeah, I'm slow like that). I hadn't played in a very long time, so I was greeted with an update notice. No biggie. Downloaded the update and try to start the game. It's starts the halo loading screen without a hitch then goes blank like it would normally do just before you're back in action. Instead, I get a still shot of a Spartan on fire in the back of a Warthog for a couple of seconds. The screen goes blank again, then returns me back to the main menu screen. I haven't found anything online elsewhere regarding an issue like this, not even in xbox.com's own forum. I do remember that when I first started the campaign I started in a private party, but that should have no bearing since I played it several times afterwards on my own.

It appears that it is only affecting Halo 3 and not Halo 3 ODST (it plays fine). More than likely, I will be starting from scratch on the game. No big deal other than I would like to be finished in time before Halo Reach arrives in my mailbox.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yeah, I got this problem too.

Must be because I haven't played in a very long time. I'll just start the game over. No big deal for me, since I was only on the first level.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Yeah, I got this problem too.

Must be because I haven't played in a very long time. I'll just start the game over. No big deal for me, since I was only on the first level.[/QUOTE]

that sucks. if i remember correctly, i was about 40-50% in. when you restarted the game, did you encounter any other issues?

It's been a long time since I've played this, but can't you just restart from last mission/checkpoint? Or, pick the last stage that you were at and carry on?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']It's been a long time since I've played this, but can't you just restart from last mission/checkpoint? Or, pick the last stage that you were at and carry on?[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Did I leave that detail out?:whistle2:k Yes, I was trying to do that when got that weird screen that I mentioned.

Good news, though? Found a workaround: went in via Campaign, set it up as a party via Live but without allowing anyone else to join, started from my last save, and BINGO!, it worked without an issue. Finished it this past Monday night. Still can't load my solo game from that same save point, though.

bread's done
Back