Problems with NHL2K5

EddieBelfour

CAGiversary!
my brothers xbox refuses the disc sometimes, then when it does accept it, the load times are long and it freezes . has anyone else had this problem? any idea what it could be? all his other games work.

Hmm, your Xbox could be the problem then. It started not to play just a couple of games when mine went out on me too.

I think TRAKAN is right. Try the game on another XBOX if possible. If it works, than your brothers XBOX is probably getting close to burning out.

Try deleting any saves off the hard drive you don't need any more, especially any NHL2K5 ones. This may help.

My Xbox has refused to recognize the disc a few times, but it may be close to dying since it's been doing that for a few other games lately, too...

his older games work, i figure ill try some of my newer games on it and then see what happens. he's going to bring it over in a bit, but i figured it was burnt out, thanks fellas, ill let you know the outcome.

Could be the beginning of the dreaded DDE problem. I used to get those all the time. Had to repalce my XBOX. I used to get it on NFL 2K4 a lot....annoyed me. I would put the disc in, and nothing...eject, retry, eject, retry.

this game has a ton of bugs and glitches, you are not the first to report problems like this. Overall, the game is good, but its got so many little things wrong with it, it will make you wonder what happened to QA.
Check out www.espnhockey.net/forums for more info.

[quote name='jbroush99'][quote name='CheapyD']
Check out www.espnhockey.ney/forums for more info.[/quote]

Cheapy, slow down when you type!
Please change the .ney to .net and all will be forgiven!

EDIT: You beat me to it![/quote]
How you going to tell the Man that all will be forgiven on his site.

Anyone notice that ERIC LINDROS is no longer in the game when you do an online league?!?!? Kinda sucked because I picked the RANGERS, and no Lindros. Oh well....he was a concussion waiting to happen.

my brother set up a free XBL account over here, he doesnt have high speed at home and i loaded up the xbox updates to play online. he hasnt had a problem yet. its been almost two days. hope i dont jinx him.

Damn, I just picked up NHL today and was about to play. I'm thinking I should return it because of all those bugs and crap. Is it really that bad?

[quote name='magilacudy']Damn, I just picked up NHL today and was about to play. I'm thinking I should return it because of all those bugs and crap. Is it really that bad?[/quote]
No, its definitely worth $20. Online is pretty fun.
It just does not have the same level of polish as NFL 2k5.

From what I read...do NOT use custom soundtracks...they have a lot of problems witht he game freezing.

Mine has worked flawlessly so far

I am having probs with Franchise. I cannot get past the Cup Finals. It keeps freezing when I score the winning goal. I was playing as the Red Wings against the Philly Flyers. Grrrrrr stupid game.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone notice that ERIC LINDROS is no longer in the game when you do an online league?!?!? Kinda sucked because I picked the RANGERS, and no Lindros. Oh well....he was a concussion waiting to happen.[/quote]

Did you notice if the rosters were updated or just missing lindros? maybe they did a small update for all of the player movement, not including lindros cause he hasnt signed yet?

[quote name='bkrobson'][quote name='doubledown']Anyone notice that ERIC LINDROS is no longer in the game when you do an online league?!?!? Kinda sucked because I picked the RANGERS, and no Lindros. Oh well....he was a concussion waiting to happen.[/quote]

Did you notice if the rosters were updated or just missing lindros? maybe they did a small update for all of the player movement, not including lindros cause he hasnt signed yet?[/quote]

well, this was weeks ago, so they may have had some type of update if you play a league game. Although, I think Brett Hull was still on the Red Wings

I noticed that some players are wearing the wrong jerseys in their portaits, like the Mighty Ducks' Sergei Fedorov still wears a Detroit Red Wings jersey.

bread's done
Back