Problems with XBL, wierd friends list issues

Othergods

CAGiversary!
Any one ever experience a problem with XBL on the 360. Today when I got home I tried to log on and play some shadowrun and XBL connected showed 10 active friends on line and then disconnect from xbl. I do not have 10 active friends total on my list. after trying over and over and then turning off the system and then turning it back on it let me log in and I had to remove 11 people on my friends list that I have never heard of.

Later talking to a friend on XBL Chat he asked if I sent him a message that told him had could only view it in Halo 2. I had not sent him anything and had not played Halo 2 in months. Alot of the people I kicked off my friends list had Halo 2 has the last game played.

A few minutes later the xbox disconnected and the same issue began again. but I only saw one name on the list I did not know, but the pop up said 10 friends online. Also when it disconnected me after I was not connected it would pop up the names of the 2 friends I know that were online.

I searched google and could not find anything like this, anyone ever hear of this or have and advise.

I've been experiencing problems with connecting to LIVE . Also I'm having problems with not being able to connect to the FTP server for downloads from the Marketplace .

Weird, anyone else have any problems? If it continues this afternoon after work I will call microsoft and see what is going on.

[quote name='Othergods']Weird, anyone else have any problems? If it continues this afternoon after work I will call microsoft and see what is going on.[/QUOTE]
Well I didn't have any new friends but I for some reason my IP address got changed, and I couldn't log on and I had a message from someone that said I had to be in Halo 2 to view the message....very strange stuff.

I get messages that say I have to be in halo 2 to read it, but I never have it that I send it from GOW and it says the other person has to be in Halo... it sounds to me that someone else is playing on your account or something from a different location maybe? Lets see your Halo 2 stats:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStatsHalo2.aspx?player=Othergods

That looks like its you, but you say you havn't played in months. However, there are 15 games played yesterday. Have you ever had an XBOX 1 with your gamertag on it? Seems like someone was playing while you were on.

I also got a message from someone that says it has to be viewed in Halo 2, is that really legit?

[quote name='FrankySox']...and I had a message from someone that said I had to be in Halo 2 to view the message....very strange stuff.[/quote]That was probably JiveTurkey. He was doing a friends' list purge, but I couldn't understand the rest since it was garbled. BTW, I didn't know you could listen to messages from Halo 2 from the Dashboard.

[quote name='help1']I get messages that say I have to be in halo 2 to read it, but I never have it that I send it from GOW and it says the other person has to be in Halo... it sounds to me that someone else is playing on your account or something from a different location maybe? Lets see your Halo 2 stats:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStatsHalo2.aspx?player=Othergods

That looks like its you, but you say you havn't played in months. However, there are 15 games played yesterday. Have you ever had an XBOX 1 with your gamertag on it? Seems like someone was playing while you were on.[/QUOTE]

Wow, yeah I had an old Xbox with the same gamertag name, that is nuts that they are using my acct then. I am gonna call MS about this I guess.

Just got off the phone with microsoft, looks like I may have not properly deleted the acct info on the xbox I traded in, or the acct was hacked. They have me changing my password and recovering the acct which should log the other guy out. I just checked the Halo 2 Stats again and he has played a ton in the last 2 days.

[quote name='Othergods']Just got off the phone with microsoft, looks like I may have not properly deleted the acct info on the xbox I traded in, or the acct was hacked. They have me changing my password and recovering the acct which should log the other guy out. I just checked the Halo 2 Stats again and he has played a ton in the last 2 days.[/quote]

Nice to see I could be of help. :D

bread's done
Back