Problems with Xbox LIVE

BLarR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, I've been using Xbox Live since April now and never had any problems with it until last week when it went off out of nowhere. I tried replacing cables, reseting my equipment, reinstalling software (wireless network) and yet nothing seemed to work. So finally today I call up Linksys and tell them that my adapter (wireless b gaming adapter) isn't connecting to my router and I keep getting a No connection whenever I try to sign on Live. They help me out but ultimately send me to Live's technical help. There I get someone who seems to think troubleshoot explains everything and she says it's not their problem, and I'm sent back to linksys. This person switches around a lot of stuff in my setup trying to get it to work, but nothing works, back to Live's hotline! This guy talks about games and how some kid he knows beat halo 2 on legendary 3 times, and gives me Microsofts number w/o providing the slightest bit of help, (30 minutes with that fool mind you). I get on the phone with this real arse from Microsoft's Net working department who says Xbox Live doesn't support Linksys. I tell him they do, I've seen it on their site and never had a problem with it before. He says my only option is to buy an official Xbox adapter or I'm basically screwed.

Now the thing is, my PS2 still works great with this adapter, and up until last week so did my Xbox. Anyone else have similar problems, and if so can you provide any help or did you get the same loop around I did?

Update the firmware on your router. Call linksys and they should help you out. Just tell them what product you have and say it is not working.

Unless it's not the router...

Have you tried a wired connection to your Xbox to see if that works?

[quote name='Mistik']Unless it's not the router...

Have you tried a wired connection to your Xbox to see if that works?[/quote]

I just tried a wired connection to my Xbox with no results, hadn't even thought of trying that. Would it be the Xbox that's faulty then?

bread's done
Back