Programs for Converting .avi's to DVD format?

linkpwns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I've been using ConvertXtoDVD, but a lot of the edges get cut off... any suggestions? This becomes a big problem when trying to put (LEGAL) Subbed anime onto discs... I mean, the subtitles become unreadable.

If you could suggest any options for ConvertXtoDVD that would help that, or possibly recommend a program that will convert AVI's to DVD format?

not to d-block your thread or anything...but:

anyone know how i can turn a .vob file into a .avi file? i ripped the .vob file off of a dvd

[quote name='linkpwns']This becomes a big problem when trying to put (LEGAL) Subbed anime onto discs...[/QUOTE]
Where'd you manage to find *legal* subtitled anime on the internet?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Where'd you manage to find *legal* subtitled anime on the internet?[/quote]

maybe he ripped it off a dvd, or its an indie anime that was distributed for free by the creator, or he made it

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']nero 7 could do the job much cheaper[/quote]

Or Nero 6 but I just thought he would want the newest version. Also if he uses Vista you have to get Nero 8.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']not to d-block your thread or anything...but:

anyone know how i can turn a .vob file into a .avi file? i ripped the .vob file off of a dvd[/quote]

can someone answer my question please? or do i need nero for that too? any free apps?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']can someone answer my question please? or do i need nero for that too? any free apps?[/quote]

I know there is one, let me look for it.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']maybe he ripped it off a dvd, or its an indie anime that was distributed for free by the creator, or he made it[/QUOTE]
You know full well that none of these apply.

Yeah, he must have ripped it off a DVD (that he still owns, of course, or it wouldn't be even arguably legal) and now wants to convert it back to DVD format and burn it back to a DVD. I'll be that's it.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']maybe he ripped it off a dvd, or its an indie anime that was distributed for free by the creator, or he made it[/quote]

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Where'd you manage to find *legal* subtitled anime on the internet?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure its legal to subtitle anime, just not distribute it. No where does he say he downloaded the anime, and we do this crazy thing in America where we assume innocence until proven guilty.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Pretty sure its legal to subtitle anime, just not distribute it. No where does he say he downloaded the anime, and we do this crazy thing in America where we assume innocence until proven guilty.[/QUOTE]
Again, you know full well this isn't the case.

It's not that I'm condemning him for it - I'm just questioning his perceived legality of this anime.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Pretty sure its legal to subtitle anime, just not distribute it. No where does he say he downloaded the anime, and we do this crazy thing in America where we assume innocence until proven guilty.[/quote]

Remeber Kirin Lemon lives in Japan. Over there you are guilty until proven you have enough connections to get your case dropped.

[quote name='linkpwns']I've been using ConvertXtoDVD, but a lot of the edges get cut off... any suggestions? This becomes a big problem when trying to put (LEGAL) Subbed anime onto discs... I mean, the subtitles become unreadable.

If you could suggest any options for ConvertXtoDVD that would help that, or possibly recommend a program that will convert AVI's to DVD format?[/quote]
If you are talking about the subtitles being cut off in ConvertXtoDVD then all you have to do is go Settings/Subtitles then in the Subtitles Tab go to and click Text subtitles render settings then once inside the Subtitle style editor you can change the font size or change the the view to 16/9 (widescreen) and alot more so play around with that and see what works.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']not to d-block your thread or anything...but:

anyone know how i can turn a .vob file into a .avi file? i ripped the .vob file off of a dvd[/quote]If you want a one step and easy solution there is Winavi but if you want better quality and to tweak settings more go with VirtualdubMod. There are lots of tutorials on Videohelp.com that was mention earlier for that.

[quote name='darthbudge']Remeber Kirin Lemon lives in Japan. Over there you are guilty until proven you have enough connections to get your case dropped.[/QUOTE]
That's actually fairly accurate! No joke!

bread's done
Back