Programs that detect what video card I could upgrade to?

alucard8319

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Been looking around new egg for a cheap video card that is just better than the stock p.o.s. I got now. Wondering if anyone knows of any program that detects what your running and the limits of the kind of graphics card I could get and it work properly. I know that my pc has an AGP 4x/8x on board, and old ddr memory of 512 currently. Thanks for any help!

well I'd say it depends on how powerful your power supply is. Any AGP card will work, it just depends if your power supply can handle it (which it probably can if you're not getting the high end cards)

Use cpu-z to find out your current specs.

You might want to consider upgrading to a PCIe card. You would have to replace everything but you are just delaying the inevitable by sticking with AGP. Also, a AGP card is more expensive then a comparable PCIe card while offering less performance.

thanks cpu-z is great. I found out I have AGP version 3.0 w/ 8x max, with an AMD Sempron 3100+ processor.

Right now I'm looking at the following one but its agp design interface looks like the AGP Pro interface but the problem is it requires DDR2 mem and I just got DDR. So I'm a little lost as to if my memory is wrong for agp pro, and my ddr mem should be good with agp 2.0 but the interface looks like it wont fit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130099

Spending $100 on a videocard for a machine with a Sempron 3100 is kinda ridiculous... in my opinion...

Just go on eBay and get something for $50 or less. I bet you could find a 9600 for really cheap.

[quote name='alucard8319']thanks cpu-z is great. I found out I have AGP version 3.0 w/ 8x max, with an AMD Sempron 3100+ processor.

Right now I'm looking at the following one but its agp design interface looks like the AGP Pro interface but the problem is it requires DDR2 mem and I just got DDR. So I'm a little lost as to if my memory is wrong for agp pro, and my ddr mem should be good with agp 2.0 but the interface looks like it wont fit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130099[/QUOTE]
the system RAM your computer has and the video RAM that comes on the video card are independent from each other

Its mainly for doing some video editing on files no bigger than 700 megabytes, and some minor gaming like free style basketball, and maybe even the occasional w.o.w.

bread's done
Back