Project Gotham Racing 2 for XBOX $19.82, ESPN NFL2k4 19.99

Damn, I just got PGR2 for $25 at Circuit City. Oh well, thanks for the info, great Xbox game, it's worth every penny. It's weird that Walmart.com has two listings for it (one for $19.82, and another for $49.82). Also, ESPN NFL Football for $19.99 isn't bad either, I'll probably get that.

[quote name='XCutioner93']Damn, I just got PGR2 for $25 at Circuit City. Oh well, thanks for the info, great Xbox game, it's worth every penny. It's weird that Walmart.com has two listings for it (one for $19.82, and another for $49.82). Also, ESPN NFL Football for $19.99 isn't bad either, I'll probably get that.[/quote]

if you still have your receipt for the game, get it price-matched at CC. you should be able to get the difference between CC and Walmart.

EDIT: you have to do this within 30 days of the original purchase though.

Circuit City won't pricematch internet ads. But is this B&M too?

EDIT: Hmm, those two different listings are weird. They have different release dates, so I'm guessing there is some kind of mistake, especially since even the full price PGR2 should be $29.99 (although we all know how fast Wal-Mart cuts video game prices).

After shipping and tax, it's not worth the risk to order it and risk getting PGR1. Unless this is B&M too I'd suggest just getting it for $25 at Best Buy or Circuit City.

The Wal-Mart website also says store prices do not necessarily match online prices.

I would just print out your receipt showing you ordered PGR2 at $20 then if PGR1 is what actually comes just call the 800 number for the site and/or go to a wal-mart B&M. I think they'd be pretty good about giving you PGR2 and if you get a real nice manager they may even let you keep PGR1 for your trouble. Okay so maybe I wouldnt' count on that but they would certainly give you a refund:

To Return an Item to a Store
1. Take the item with all original packaging and accessories plus the invoice to Customer Service at your local Wal-Mart.
2. An Associate will issue a credit to the original credit card or provide a store credit for the cost of the item and the sales tax, if applicable.
3. You will receive immediate credit for your return.

I agree that it does look like it may be a pricing mistake. Too bad it isn't more spectacular of a mistake :)

Although bottom line if you have a BB local where you can GGC this you're only talking about $2 more ($3 shipping on wm.com) So it may be worth just paying an extra $2 to avoid a potential minor headache.

guys espn for that price is an awesome deal....been waiting for a while for this one and for 20 bucks its great.im not gonna wait more months so it can be 9.99... if anyone here wants to play on live let me know

EDIT---like usual backordered by bestbuy...why do they always do this

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='XCutioner93']Damn, I just got PGR2 for $25 at Circuit City. Oh well, thanks for the info, great Xbox game, it's worth every penny. It's weird that Walmart.com has two listings for it (one for $19.82, and another for $49.82). Also, ESPN NFL Football for $19.99 isn't bad either, I'll probably get that.[/quote]

if you still have your receipt for the game, get it price-matched at CC. you should be able to get the difference between CC and Walmart.

EDIT: you have to do this within 30 days of the original purchase though.[/quote]

I don't know if I'd be able to pricematch at a Walmart because surprisingly there isn't one in my area, the closest one is an hour away. I don't think I'd drive that far for a $5 difference. If the store was closer, I'd think about trying it.

[quote name='XCutioner93']
I don't know if I'd be able to pricematch at a Walmart because surprisingly there isn't one in my area, the closest one is an hour away. I don't think I'd drive that far for a $5 difference. If the store was closer, I'd think about trying it.[/quote]

Thats true for me aswell. I also live in california. Im willing to bet that its a group of small businesses keeping them from building near us. Walmart may screw over small businesses but small busnesses don't have the low prices.

Yeah but wal-mart suggests the Xbox Music Mixer for $25.77. An awesome deal I'm sure, seeing as how its $20 everywhere else now.

bread's done
Back