Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

boyward

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
So what's going on with Project H.A.M.M.E.R.? I haven't heard a thing about this Wii beat-em-up since September of 2006. Who else wants to swing the Wii remote around the room and clobber the bad guys with a gigantic hammer?

933001_20060914_screen001.jpg

[quote name='Scrubking']It's still coming out, but now it has been broken down into 5 mini-games where you swing a hammer.[/quote]

Ohhh... I don't think I like that. I thought it was going to be some kind of post-apocalyptic story-driven beat-em-up. I had even hoped you'd be able to level up your character and the hammer. It could still be fun as a mini-game collection, but I thought it would be something more substantial. If it is the mini-games, hopefully they'll release it at a budget price.

[quote name='Friskytanuki']Looked about as meh as it could get when I saw others playing it at E3 last year.[/quote]

That's disheartening. :whistle2:(

Half the reason I bought a Wii.

[quote name='Scrubking']It's still coming out, but now it has been broken down into 5 mini-games where you swing a hammer.[/quote]
Now I'm extremely dissapointed :cry:

I also though it would have a big, epic, apocolyptic storyline. I'm really getting sick of all these fucking minigames.

It never really looked like it would be anything more than a tedious, mindless beat-em-up. I'm hoping that's not the case though.

[quote name='Vinny']It never really looked like it would be anything more than a tedious, mindless beat-em-up. I'm hoping that's not the case though.[/quote]
That's pretty much it right there. You just moved from street to street beating up robots with your hammer until you got to the boss in the demo. I'd bet that they've got to have more than just street environments, but whether they can give some variety to the gameplay is another question.

This thread deserves a :rofl: and a :applause: for Scrubking. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously, its just topical sarcasm since lately all the news has been about mini-game collections - EA's Playground, Take Two's Carnival, Raving Rabbids 2, and probably more TBA.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's pretty much it right there. You just moved from street to street beating up robots with your hammer until you got to the boss in the demo. I'd bet that they've got to have more than just street environments, but whether they can give some variety to the gameplay is another question.[/QUOTE]

Because we can all judge games based on a demo from 18 months prior to release that someone merely watched others play...

Not saying that the game is going to be awesome or anything, but since we have such a dearth of information, I find it odd that any stock can be put into what was seen, not played, over 12 months ago with almost another 6 months of development time still left till release.

Personally, I am hoping we find out more on Friday when the NDA is lifted on sites like IGN.

[quote name='Tebunker']Because we can all judge games based on a demo from 18 months prior to release that someone merely watched others play...

Not saying that the game is going to be awesome or anything, but since we have such a dearth of information, I find it odd that any stock can be put into what was seen, not played, over 12 months ago with almost another 6 months of development time still left till release.

Personally, I am hoping we find out more on Friday when the NDA is lifted on sites like IGN.[/quote]
It worked for Red Steel. Looked like shit and stayed that way until launch. ;)

We don't know jack shit about the game, so demos is all we have to go on. I'm sorry Nintendo shoved every goddamn person they could into the Wii booth so the lines for any game were so rediculously long that any sane person who had work to do at E3 only played the big games and watched the others while waiting 2 hours in line to play Zelda: TP and the other big games. I'm sorry I didn't have the entire day to waste there to play every single game just for this moment, but to only be able to view others playing the ones I couldn't get to. Feel free to have a different opinion.

I'd love to be surprised that this turns into a great game, but I have my doubts at the moment unless Nintendo can prove me wrong otherwise.

[quote name='CouRageouS']This thread deserves a :rofl: and a :applause: for Scrubking. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously, its just topical sarcasm since lately all the news has been about mini-game collections - EA's Playground, Take Two's Carnival, Raving Rabbids 2, and probably more TBA.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I was just kidding.

Anyway, that screen looks cool so let's hope that something good comes of it.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Now that I would buy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it slightly reminds me of GoW. I figure that will call for some mud slinging but it would be a nice addition if it was to that caliber... Even though I found GoW to be somewhat repetitive.

[quote name='Scrubking']Thank you. I was just kidding.

Anyway, that screen looks cool so let's hope that something good comes of it.[/quote]

Thank god. I was seriously dissapointed for a while. You got me good.

Nothing like a cockslap-em-up. I'll pass on this title, but hope all of you fans have fun waving your dong hammers around. Project D.O.N.G.

I am interested in this game, looks fun. Then again I do know nothing about it so I will judge this game when I learn more information about it, this could suck, but then again this game could be awesome. I will make my decision after I get more info on it, but I am interested.

bread's done
Back