Proposal on Halo 3.

I showed my girlfriend this, and she said she would kill me if I did something that lame and unromantic.

And she is a gamer.

"We're waiting to see what the release date is for the next Halo game. We don't want any conflicts."

That's funny.

truckoffail.jpg

[quote name='Ryukahn']How the fuck is it fail if the gamer chick said yes?[/quote]Because it's sooooo uber dorky, don't ya get it? Marriage proposals can only be done in fine Italian restaurants, on Valentine's Day.

Be nice, fellas. According to the link in the OP, she's a copyeditor by day. For that kind of profession, having plain Wonder Bread toast in the morning is an apocalypse of excitement.

'taint no hot-air-balloon-and-wine affair, but let's be real: you won't do that either.

This whole notion of marriage proposals being some movie-like, romantic dinner event is just stupid. These 2 people obviously share a common interest that they both love, so why not incorporate it somehow? And I can imagine a lot of people wouldn't like one of the biggest events of their life taking place in a crowded restaurant, around a bunch of strangers. I know that personally, if my eventual woman asked ME to marry her, I wouldn't want it to be around a bunch of people, since I would probably say yes, and we would get down to having hot, borderline S&M sex.

[quote name='mykevermin']*insert Arby's joke here*[/quote]If my woman surprised me one day by spelling out "Will you Marry Me" in Curly Fries, I would owe my life to her forever.

Ladies of CAG, take note!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Her GamerScore is over 32,000

What a catch![/QUOTE]

That's a lot. Man that girl has been busy, ie sedentary.

Im playing CoD online in one room, my wife is playing WoW in another. I just yelled over to ask her what she thought about this. She laughed.

Whatever floats yer boat, who cares if we think its lame if the couple think its cool?

I guess it's..... creative?.. that's just the worst thing though.... "How did he propose?" will be asked 200 times, and she gets to say he made a map in Halo 3... whereas there will have to be 5 minute discussions each time what Halo 3 is, where the person will leave the conversation thinking they are complete weirdos... if they even grasp what it is after that.

[quote name='mykevermin']Be nice, fellas. According to the link in the OP, she's a copyeditor by day. For that kind of profession, having plain Wonder Bread toast in the morning is an apocalypse of excitement.

'taint no hot-air-balloon-and-wine affair, but let's be real: you won't do that either.[/quote]

I think it's fine that they proposed over halo 3 if they don't get to see each other in person very often, However...

[quote name='DestroVega']I guess it's..... creative?.. that's just the worst thing though.... "How did he propose?" will be asked 200 times, and she gets to say he made a map in Halo 3... whereas there will have to be 5 minute discussions each time what Halo 3 is, where the person will leave the conversation thinking they are complete weirdos... if they even grasp what it is after that.[/quote]

This is a problem. And five minutes every time? More or less.

[quote name='DestroVega']I guess it's..... creative?.. that's just the worst thing though.... "How did he propose?" will be asked 200 times, and she gets to say he made a map in Halo 3... whereas there will have to be 5 minute discussions each time what Halo 3 is, where the person will leave the conversation thinking they are complete weirdos... if they even grasp what it is after that.[/QUOTE]

lol ya its annoying when people ask me how I met my wife (on dark age of camelot)

[quote name='mykevermin']Be nice, fellas. According to the link in the OP, she's a copyeditor by day. For that kind of profession, having plain Wonder Bread toast in the morning is an apocalypse of excitement.

'taint no hot-air-balloon-and-wine affair, but let's be real: you won't do that either.[/quote]

You cut me deep, mykevermin. You cut me deep.

Guess this is better than that guy that proposed by just sending a message through Viva Pinata. Now that was lazy.

not that my 2cents matters... but damn is that ridiculous. i wouldnt want to be married to a woman that would say yes over xbox live. i know my girlfriend wouldnt get on halo in the first place, but if i asked her that way shed remove my balls.

Hey, so long as they don't skimp out on the wedding itself!

It was certainly a creative way of proposing.

Still doesn't top the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 proposal, in which a guy made a big ring of rails in a custom park which had 3 gaps that were called, in succession, "will you...... marry....me?"

or something along those lines

bread's done
Back