Protect Me Knight - Xbox Indie - 8-bit style zeldaish - $3

Rooster752

CAGiversary!
So I'm not really sure what to call this game - it's kinda like Zelda meets a beat em up meets tower defense? The graphics and music are all 8-bit (with soundtrack by the guy that did Streets of Rage and Shinobi). You pick one of four characters and defend the princess from ridiculous armies of zombies, orcs, specters, etc. You can reinforce the barricades and upgrade your stats as you go on. It has four player support, and some hilarious Engrish. It's definitely a much better multiplayer game, so if you have some friends who want to play a retro feeling co op game, this is a great buy.

http://www.armlessoctopus.com/2010/09/13/xbox-indie-review-protect-me-knight/

protect1.png

I just played through this with my brother and girlfriend. It's ok 1 player, but a blast with friends. I was suprised about how many unique upgrades each character has.

[quote name='wakawakawa']I just played through this with my brother and girlfriend. It's ok 1 player, but a blast with friends. I was suprised about how many unique upgrades each character has.[/QUOTE]

That sums it up. It deserves a sequel on XBLA.

I played it with three friends on a friday night and we just plowed through it. Did you guys watch the opening introductions or go through the instructions? Pretty much everywhere there is text, it's hilarious.

[quote name='Rooster752']I played it with three friends on a friday night and we just plowed through it. Did you guys watch the opening introductions or go through the instructions? Pretty much everywhere there is text, it's hilarious.[/QUOTE]

All of us playing were very entertained by the Engrish. You can understand everything but the word choices they pick are pretty funny.

bread's done
Back