Proudest CAG purchases?

dropbearGSH

CAGiversary!
I was in a pawn shop the other day and found a copy of The Orange Box for $9... "The best deal in video game history" indeed. Best thing about it was that they had garbage like that LOTR RTS and Vampire Rain for $15 and $20!

Also, I picked up a copy of Halo 3 ("totalmente en espanol" edition) for $15 dollars at the Movie Trading Company on Greenville, in Dallas. And for the record, Halo's campaign is way better when the aliens still threaten you in a foreign language... making them understandable was a mistake.

Recently, THIS:

0908Spidey.jpg

The last 32X game ever released in the US, with supposedly only 1,500 copies in existence, for only 2625円 (about $30) at a Japanese recycle shop. :D

I checked eBay when I got home and several copies had been sold for $200 that same day. :shock:

My greatest deal ever? I love to brag about this one... I got the following at a pawn shop for $350:

-Neo Geo AES w/ joystick
-Metal Slug 4 (US)
-Samurai Shodown II (J)
-Samurai Shodown IV (J)
-King of Fighters 97 (J)
-Last Blade II (J)
-King of the Monsters II (J)
-Magician Lord (US)
-League Bowling (J)
-Joy Joy Kid (J)
-Sengoku III (US)
-Fatal Fury Special (J)

The pawn guy knew it was worth $1000+, so I'll never know why he let it go for so little, but I can't really complain. If that wasn't enough, the guy threw in the rest of the games I intended to buy for free, which were: Mario Kart 64, Zelda TP (cube version), Zelda Ocarina/Master Quest bundle (cube), House of the Dead 2, and Star Wars Jedi Academy(Xbox).

It was pretty satisfying to take a copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn marked $49.99 to the counter and have it ring up $13.xx. I miss Circuit City, it was the only store I've ever been able to find worthwhile clearance deals at.

Two clearance sales from TRU come to mind:
Genesis era-a brand new copy of Phantasy Star 4 for $25, at a clearance sale for a TRU store closing. Original retail price of the game at the time was $100 (it was supposedly the most expensive game cartridge that Sega ever made). Not sure what it sells for now, but back then, what a deal! I actually ran to the closest ATM to get money to pay for it.

PS2-a brand new copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 for $10, another TRU sale. To make it even better, it was the deluxe box set which came with a CD soundtrack.

At an old used video game store--a brand new Sega Saturn, in its original box, with used copies of various games-most notable Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, and Nights. Sold to me in a bundle for $40.

Then I have a few other couple of games that I actually paid full price for and by some whim of fate, later became rare collectors items that sell for more than their original purchase price. But I don't think those really count as deals (and probably should be placed in another thread).

I also miss Circuit City, I got plenty of deals there too. Alot of games I got from them in the $5-20 price range.

The only real deal I ran into was Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 on PSP at a Radioshack for $9.99 when It was $35-$40 bucks.

I Kinda want to say "You're In The Movies" for free from Best Buy because, well, it was free. Mediocre game, yes, but the price is perfect.

mint & complete Chrono Trigger with guide for $5 at a flea market while visiting my grandparents down in Hazard, Kentucky

mint & complete Megaman Soccer for $5. Same trip that I picked up Chrono Trigger

a used copy of the Turbo CD version of Ys Book I & II for $2 when Power House (local videogame store) closed down

mint & complete UK copy of Faselei! for the NGPC for $20. This was before the fire sale from 2004

I guess my greatest buy gaming wise (so far) would be two 4000 point MS codes for 30 bucks. :)

My greatest flip would definitely be my first Wii. Back when they were hard to get I bought one for 200, threw a Wiikey on it, and sold it for $600.

Disc only Suikoden II, Legend of Mana, Fatal Frame II, and a mint complete Digimon World 2 for a grand total of $4.50.

It was from a local game store that was going out of business. Also bought quite a bit more extremely cheap games, but those are the notable.

Not a mindblowing deal, but my best was probably getting a 20 GB 360 plus Bioshock, The Orange Box, Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 and Two Worlds (which I flipped for Halo 3) for $399 from Frys.com when the console was still going for $350.

Another good one was Guitar Hero 2 (360) with guitar and guitar bag for $10 shipped form Red Octain.

Most productive thing from CAG though, was learning about Goozex, as I've hardly paid for a game since. So I get most everything for about $3.50 ($1 trade credit, $2.20-2.50 for shipping games out to get the points). Average is probably lower since I traded a lot of 1000 point games and have picked up a lot of lower point games to get more games to play out of the points.

bread's done
Back