Proun - Pay what you want indie game

anathema728

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
1246423973738.jpg

Then people would blare at you saying that you should post it here because it'd bad to think you can have the game for free.

CAGs can be a little unruly about this whole pay what you want business, don't take it too personally.

Thanks for posting this deal, period! :D

Since it sort of reminds me of an artsy, abstract F-Zero, I went ahead and bit. Went for $3.33 since that's my usual impulse-buy trigger price for games on Steam.

EDIT: Sort of surprised it requires as much HDD space as it does (300MB+). Its aesthetic is similar to what would come out of the "demo scene," where one thing they often strive for is to generate as much as they can procedurally. The audio files (soundtrack and sound effects) only occupy 11MB; so the bulk of the weight is on models and textures.

I'm downloading the free version of the game now. If I like it enough, I'll throw some money the guy's way for the extra bonus track version. I think that's fair. Thanks a bunch, OP! This game seems like it's going to be really fun. :D

you only use 5 buttons. and you can remap them.

who knew a game where you're on a single rail the entire time can be so tough? (either that or i suck). pretty visuals, fun/catchy soundtrack, was worth the download.

What is impressive about the game is the graphics. I usually dislike the modern minimalistic take in some indie games because it's almost too deliberate, but this game uses depth of focus rather nicely. Like, I honestly feel like a little, tiny being gliding on a rail, zipping past giant orbs, shapes and curves. It's trippier and a bit unsettling in a very unique way. In fact, I think it looks cooler than a lot of modern indie games that can't get beyond the look of Wipeout or N2O and carve out their own style.

...Wow, I sound like a cranky old gamer, which I assure you I really am not :D Long story short, it's worth a few dollars donation :)

[quote name='Wario64']It's free if you're a jerk. Just saying.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I absolve myself by giving a penny. Hurray for cheap games!

Played the free one, then threw in a buck for the extra track. Looks like $1 is as low as you can go, as well, so not really sure how others have only paid a penny...

So tired. I'll give it a shot in the morning, will probably throw a few dollars in and skip the free version. Video was cool.

I saw a preview for this on PCgamer.com a couple months ago - it looked great but wasn't released at that point. So OP, thanks! I never would have found this if you hadn't posted. I'm off to buy it now; in for $2.50.

It's a fun little game, I need to give some money.

I got to Super Sonic and I suck. I start hitting every other object in the path.

Music is catchy too, holy crap it will not get out of my head.

[quote name='unopepito06']This just blew my mind. :drool:
How does it control?! Seems like you have to steer awfully fast...

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
The game starts on a slower speed, and lets you ramp up as you get better. You get familiar with the levels fast, and learn to see the cues about what's coming up next.

The levels are brief. The controls are minimal and effective. It supports WASD, and is even better with a controller.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']CAGs can be a little unruly about this whole pay what you want business[/QUOTE]
Seriously. The whole thing is odd to me. The point of this site is to find the best deals possible...but if you take advantage of a deal that's too good, you're an asshole. I imagine a lot of these are probably the same folks who get mad at people for not tipping at restaurants.

If a game is being offered for free, I'm getting it for free. If the developer has a problem with that, they can feel free to stop me.

[quote name='ultrapimp']i wish this was PS# DLC, but it isnt =( i dont like pc games[/QUOTE]

Now that's just silly. You should actually say that you don't like playing games on your PC.

[quote name='jkimrey']Does the link in the OP work for anyone else? I'm getting a page not found error.[/QUOTE]
it's been dead for at least 15 hours for me

bread's done
Back