PROWND Dreamcast 14.99 @ ebgames.com

[quote name='daphatty']Wonder if the AFF25 code will work on it...[/quote]
When I tried I got a popup message: "Sorry, but you have not met the requirements to use the 'AFF25' coupon promotion"

Nope the code will not work. I paid $19.99 from EB and unfortunately they shipped a generic controller with it. I guess standard controller does not mean OEM controller.

[quote name='Battousai1002']or u can get it for $10 on the 15th and 16th[/quote]

How do you know if will be $10? And if it is only $10 will they still have free shipping?

Man...should I get it? And why so? Im thinking $20 is a good price, but my dad would be mad, but I dunno anymore...

[quote name='Battousai1002']or u can get it for $10 on the 15th and 16th[/quote]

Thats only B+M. I dont have an EB around me, and with the free shipping, I dont think I can go wrong. I really want it...I should get it, but my dad would get mad if I asked him.

Bump so people can read this from the top.

PS- Sorry for my topic, I didnt see this one while browsing the front page.... GREAT deal.. I was about to pay 35 @ Gamecraze

order it quick because it sold out everyday this week + last week. so now they limit it to 2 per person, but it won't last. the $10 deal is in-store only for PrezDay sale, but with the cost of gas and possibility of sell-out by employees/friends, etc it's better to get it for $15 w/ free shipping. If i knew that CAGers were still looking for this I would have posted it last week. sorry. don't forget you can select free shipping option during checkout, or if you want to pay $5 extra to make sure you get it in 3 days via/fedex or ups. EB/USPS has lost one of my packages recently. seriously. via the free shipping option the US Post Office has lost a $100+ package. but all the small orders (single games) have been received with no problems thru them. pissed off but USPS does not offer tracking option so EB is trying to figure out where my games are and "considering" giving me credit/refund (???). sad but true.

Warning - with the sale the stock of DC games at EB.com will drop as well. I had to wait a week or two for a couple of games to show back up. If you're looking for something specific from the site it may take a while to get back in stock.

I've never been a Sega fan, but this is one awesome console. I picked one up at $15 about a month ago. My DC gets more play time now than my Xbox and GCN (thanks to Marvel vs. Capcom 2).

Edit: Wow, that was post #100. Took me long enough.

looking for original controllers, check out local TRUs, they may still have them for $2. And GS/EB instore may have them brand new for under $5. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find them on EBs website for $5. maybe VGD still has a deal on them. GS will have big clearance sale on older systems/games after mid-february so keep checking instore. some locations are already dumping Anime for 30% off, N64/DC consoles for $15 and some managers may let you use your 10% off GameInformer card. even at $20 for the console, it's a bargain.

ordering used DC from EBGames.com:

great prices, but rarely will you get all the packaging. usually my items come in regular jewel cases w/o instructions. I've found lots of great stuff on EBAY though.

I just picked one of these up at my local B&M for $15 and I talked her into giving me the display box with it heh heh. But when I was about to check out and she said "you seem like a collector I have a system in the back you may be interested in, a Japanese dreamcast" I was like "HELL YEAH" so she brought it out and it still had the instruction booklets and box. She said it was only $15 because There was no way of charging a different price. So anyway I thought it was a good deal and got both the U.S. and Japanese version. I know love EB again.

I'm thinking about picking one up. I have too much stuff to play as it is, but it'd be nice to have for such a cheap price. I hope I get an actual DC controller. though.

[quote name='Spiritseed']I just picked one of these up at my local B&M for $15 and I talked her into giving me the display box with it heh heh. But when I was about to check out and she said "you seem like a collector I have a system in the back you may be interested in, a Japanese dreamcast" I was like "HELL YEAH" so she brought it out and it still had the instruction booklets and box. She said it was only $15 because There was no way of charging a different price. So anyway I thought it was a good deal and got both the U.S. and Japanese version. I know love EB again.[/quote]

Damn You!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky S.O.B.

These appear to have sold out. I had to wait for my mother to come home to ask if I could use her credit card and pay her so as a result I missed out. Ill get over it, and hopefully this will roll around again. The b&m near me have none,so the Presidents day sale isnt a viable option..

It's cool that you got a Japanese DC, but these days there's not much of a point to owning one except as a collection piece. If you want to play Japanese games, all it takes is a bootdisc, and those are easy enough to come by. So if you don't have a J-DC, keep that in mind.

That said, the Dreamcast is a great console, and it'd be a shame to not pick one up at this price. It has so many good games for it that it's really hard to go wrong with this deal.

I ordered a DC from EBgames.com a few weeks ago and it was broken and I had to send it back. It wouldn't read any games and the controller ports were fried.

I'm sure you all will have good experiences, but just a word of warning from me.

[quote name='zombie73']I'm thinking about picking one up. I have too much stuff to play as it is, but it'd be nice to have for such a cheap price. I hope I get an actual DC controller. though.[/quote]

im thinking of picking one up as well, but considering i still have 12 unopened ps2 games to play (3 of which are RPGS) i wouldnt really have the time to play with this one...

I'm in the same boat as earlje. I have seven games I have yet to open, and I have midterms next week along with a presentation. But being the cheapass that I am I can't let this opportunity pass. I'm getting a DC in the morning at a local EB then to a used music shop to get some DC games that I saw for 2 bucks a piece!

[quote name='swick']It's cool that you got a Japanese DC, but these days there's not much of a point to owning one except as a collection piece. If you want to play Japanese games, all it takes is a bootdisc, and those are easy enough to come by. So if you don't have a J-DC, keep that in mind.

That said, the Dreamcast is a great console, and it'd be a shame to not pick one up at this price. It has so many good games for it that it's really hard to go wrong with this deal.[/quote]

Or you can mod it... that's a simple enough procedure.

[quote name='cag1000']does anyone know if other systems namely sega saturn will be that low on the 15th and 16th???[/quote]

No it will only be N64 and Dreamcast, If I were to ever find a saturn for $10-15 I would buy all of them mwahahaha, I do however know of a place selling used saturns for $35.
Hey Spiritseed. Which Indy EB was this one?
The store was near castleton.

I called four local EBs and they didn't have any in stock. However, I went to go get some jeans I noticed a gamestop at the mall. I asked if they had any DC systems, and they had one left. So I picked it up for $14! They also had four new controllers and I picked one up as well for $7.

The guy who worked there told me DC regularly cost 20 bucks, but they're trying to move all DC, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis products out. Hence the discount of 30%.

Stopped by my local EB B&M Hudson Valley New York and picked up 1 today. They only had 2 left so I doubt they're gonna have many left for the Presidents Day sale listed in another thread. Might not get much play except for my wife with Virtua Tennis and Crazy Taxi but for $25 for everything I couldn't resist it.

Thanks for the great deal.

To all the new dreamcast owners, I have one remondation, get something called a VGA box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3076346441&category=4313

ebay has them for sale pretty cheap. The image you get from your computer monitor is so much better then your tv. You wouldn't belive the difference, if you anyone has played emulated n64 games or PSX games on your pc , the image is that crisp. Also some Dreamcast games are hard to find don't be stingy and pass up rare games you see for 20 bucks.

Those universal VGA boxes just alow you to use your monitor as a TV. The output is not VGA, no other system has a conector that will allow for real VGA output, it would be too expensive. Even the oficial Sega brand VGA box used to run 60 bucks. Don't ever, and I mean ever get one of those universal vga boxes, they stink. I owned one thinking it would give my n64 the same results as the dreamcast one and the image was way worse then on the tv.

My friend just bought one. good deal. I still have mine. I broke it out and played DC gaems all day yesterday.

bread's done
Back