Proxy Podcast, a new podcast from a fellow CAG! BIG UPDATE!!

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
Hey guys, I listen to a lot of podcasts since I work in a server room or at a computer alone for a good part of the day and thought it would be fun to start one.

I have a bit of musical and producing experience with home recording so my friend and I made a podcast that we plan on updating every Sunday.

The first show is up, and we're still waiting on iTunes approval, but I would love to hear the constructive critism from my fellow CAGs. I'm a huge fan of the CAG podcasts myself.

Also, these podcasts, even though it is by gamers, and for gamers... its more of a variety show on other intrests and topical news entries as well. I would love to get to a point where we have listener mail and whatnot as well. So while we get a website and forum together, I wanted to have CAG be our temporary home, as it is probably my favorite and only forum I frequent, and I know that CAGs are up to the challange of giving us constructive critism and support.

Thanks guys!

Here's the link to the blog for now, but I'll be posting all the info for iTunes and other links as well.

EDIT : Wooooooooohoooo! We got approved by Apple, and since 75-80% podcast listens come from downloading from iTunes... I am super-excited.

It may not be searchable yet, here's the link below.

Apple iTunes Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=301374853

proxypodcast.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to the first twenty minutes and it seemed pretty good. I got sidetracked going out and paying bills and didn't finish it. You always seemed to have a great personality, and I think if you stick with it you could make a really good show.

Your Halo 2 multiplayer guide made me into a god-like warrior in that game. Unfortunately, it made me a cripple in Halo 3 since I relied on many of those tricks to gain an edge.

I'll give it a listen.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Thanks guys, hopefully you like it, but if not... tell what it needs more of![/quote]

Cowbell! ...sorry...

Not a listener to podcasts in general, but I will say, this didn't make me want to become one. I didn't really give it a chance, but after the intro and the other guy starting to talk about other games he had been playing, I got bored very quickly.

Suggestions.. well I dunno, cover some recent gaming news right off the bat, get straight to the point. I hate stuff that has stories and such to tell before getting to actual info. Get to the good stuff, and then talk about it afterwards.

I realize it was the first episode, so all the comments about how its your first show and such that bored me won't be there on the next one, but try to be a little more scripted. Probably just personal preference on my part, but makes it sound more professional to me.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Not a listener to podcasts in general, but I will say, this didn't make me want to become one. I didn't really give it a chance, but after the intro and the other guy starting to talk about other games he had been playing, I got bored very quickly.

Suggestions.. well I dunno, cover some recent gaming news right off the bat, get straight to the point. I hate stuff that has stories and such to tell before getting to actual info. Get to the good stuff, and then talk about it afterwards.

I realize it was the first episode, so all the comments about how its your first show and such that bored me won't be there on the next one, but try to be a little more scripted. Probably just personal preference on my part, but makes it sound more professional to me.[/quote]

Yeah, between the two of us, we were torn... I wanted to do more of a news show, he wanted to do more of a disscussion show like Joystiq & 1up is.... so we met in the middle. The news topics came in the 30 min mark..

I am a little worried about this comment, I hope more people dont feel this way - .
I realize it was the first episode, so all the comments about how its your first show and such that bored me won't be there on the next one.
I just blurted it out cause I was nervous. :oops: -- But I'm pretty sure it was like a 5 second comment..?

I gave it a listen. I thought it was a decent first go. Some comments:

If you don't have one already, have an outline detailing the discussion layout. It sounded like you probably do but I just wanted to put it out there.

At times it seemed like you were talking very fast. I attributed it to first time jitters. Just be sure to slow it down a bit. If you've given yourself a time limit don't feel like you have to cram everything in. Feel free to occasionally skip a segment/subject if it keeps you from trying to wedge everything in a too short time period.

If you have the editing ability, use a short clip of music (about 5-10 seconds) between your segment breaks, preferably something instrumental. It will make it seem less abrupt.

I like that it's a general subject show but eventually you should narrow it down to 3-4 topics, tops (games, movies, music, books, comics, etc., whatever you have the most interest/knowledge in).

Be sure you have your facts straight. There were a few things I heard that were incorrect (sorry, I didn't notate them). Even though it might be something relatively inconsequential those things tend to stick out like sirens to fanboys (i.e., us).

Overall, I thought it was a good first effort. I'll give the second show a listen.

bread's done
Back