PS+ Automatic Updare?

mewman13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey guys, I have had PS+ for about a year now, and have always set it to automatically download new updates. And like many of you, I have a rather large library of disc games (>100). Back in June, I put all my disc games into my system to install the data and obtain the latest update patches, with the idea that the system would keep itself up to date.

Fast forward to this October and I find out that some of those games have not been receiving updates. I had to manually patch BF3 last month. I heard from someone that Dark Souls had a patch today, but when I turned my system on, there was no mention of a patch. I thought maybe it had come out later in the day, so I set my system to patch right then, at 5:30 EDT, turned off the system and allowed the auto-update to run. After it finished, I turned on the system again and there was no DS update. I put in the disc for the game (for the first time since June), and it prompted me to update to 1.06.

Now my question is, is there a limit to the number of games that PS+ will update? Is it the last 10 games you've played or something similar? There is no mention anywhere on a Sony website about a limit, and I even called into customer support but they said there shouldn't be a limit either.

P.S.
To test the X games memory theory, I picked a game from my library that I thought would have an update since June, GT5. I put the disc in the drive and it prompted me to update to 2.08. A quick google search shows that this update came out 9/25/2012. I chose not to update and instead took the disc out of the drive and forced another automatic update. When that finished, PS+ had updated GT5 to the latest patch.

Saw a user on the Europe board saying it remembers the last 20 games. No idea how accurate it is.

[quote name='finsfan0210']It only updates games you've played in the last 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a source on that information? I wasn't able to find anything like that on their website.

[quote name='Rockinjs']That sounds about right it only updates the games you've recently played[/QUOTE]
I think the limit is 3, it corresponds with the 3 most recently played games/apps that show under the "what's new" section.

You got to remember the average consumer does not know how to delete the games inside the game data folder. Imagine them hitting bandwidth caps from there ISP without knowing that they have tons of games getting patched automatically inside the game data folder that they probably don't own or play anymore.

Hm not sure about physic copies but my installed games on HDD always get updated-if-available the next day I turn my PS3 on.

It updates the games you've recently played, pretty sure there isn't a day limit it though. I don't play uncharted anymore but it still updates.

bread's done
Back