PS HOME Free Items / Clothes / Freebies Wiki

Well if you haven't done the Siren space that works as well, (I had to mainly cause I already had Magic done) BTW the Doctor's pants go great with the coat reward. n_n

[quote name='darknight88']someone should post the Magic: The Gathering Space minigame answers and stuff. I have no patience to answer all the questions as I am not a fan of the series but Id like to get the coat. Anyone got something useful?[/QUOTE]

google it. when i dd it some months back someone had done a post in a sony forum with the answers to all the magic stuff.

[quote name='darknight88']someone should post the Magic: The Gathering Space minigame answers and stuff. I have no patience to answer all the questions as I am not a fan of the series but Id like to get the coat. Anyone got something useful?[/QUOTE]

1st Game - all A's
2nd Game - all B's
3rd Game - all C's
4th Game - all D's
5th Game - all E's
6th Game - C B D A E C B D A E

I did not get any pop-up notification saying I got the shirts after each game. Just log out of Home when you finish the 6th game. Load Home again and you'll get multiple pop-ups (M/F version of each shirt). Go to the Theater and instantly get the Winter Coat. Worked when I did it on Thursday.

There is a slight error in ur answers there. You should only need to play that game 5 times.

What Mana Color Are You?
Answer with all A's
Answer with all B's
Answer with all C's or D's (Answering with either will give you the same shirt)
Answer with all E's
Answer with C, B, C, D, C, E, B, E, E, E (This combination and the one Devious provided will work)

And here's the answers for the other game...

Name That Card
Centaur Veteran
Essence Scatter
Kavu Aggressor
Shivan Dragon
Yawgmoth's Edict
Unnatural Selection
Undo
Serra Angel
Eternal Dragon

Extra-Life marathon! (15 hours, goin' strong!) On Home for a couple hours... hit me up and I can gift you a magic wand from the GM if you need one!

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']Extra-Life marathon! (15 hours, goin' strong!) On Home for a couple hours... hit me up and I can gift you a magic wand from the GM if you need one![/QUOTE]

Is that item something only going on for this marathon?

[quote name='Owen']Is that item something only going on for this marathon?[/QUOTE]

Nope, from the Lockwood Gift Machine... (hellmutt broght it to my attention! thanks, btw!)

[quote name='Shawzborne']I need the male wand still thx my psn is Shawzborne[/QUOTE]

If you still need the wand, I'd be more than happy to help you. my PSN is DismalxHavoc. Same as my username here.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']GOOD NEWS: They are easy to find as they are all in the last tab (named "FREE") in the (male) main costume store menu. Their total value is $5.75

BAD NEWS: Currently they still have their regular price, so they are NOT free for now.

UPDATE: They updated the price to FREE.[/QUOTE]

Is this free stuff still up? I cannot seem to find which store I am supposed to be looking for it in.

I was having the same problem (along with a few other problems with home spaces loading slowly), so I emptied my home cache. Everything got speedy again and I got the coat within 30 seconds of entering the theater.

[quote name='brewer']I was having the same problem (along with a few other problems with home spaces loading slowly), so I emptied my home cache. Everything got speedy again and I got the coat within 30 seconds of entering the theater.[/QUOTE]

So which files should we delete to do this? That new beach location is broken for me in addition to my other issues so maybe this will help some.

[quote name='Owen']So which files should we delete to do this? That new beach location is broken for me in addition to my other issues so maybe this will help some.[/QUOTE]

No need to delete files manually to delete the cache any more. In the last update they added a clear cache option in the settings inside Home.

Granzella (the new beach location) was one of the places I was having the most trouble with loading, since then no problems at all.

Edit:
Also I got some tokens for the Lockwood gift Machine when I purchased the Sodium Collection, 80 I think. I don't have any one on my friends list that frequents home so if any of you guys would like something out of it along with any of the free stuff available now just add me and I will send it along the next time I log in. (and if you could send me along the free items in return).

Also I noticed I lost my free tokens that were given out when they first released the gift machine. Does anyone know if they were a limited time thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brewer']No need to delete files manually to delete the cache any more. In the last update they added a clear cache option in the settings inside Home.

Granzella (the new beach location) was one of the places I was having the most trouble with loading, since then no problems at all.

Edit:
Also I got some tokens for the Lockwood gift Machine when I purchased the Sodium Collection, 80 I think. I don't have any one on my friends list that frequents home so if any of you guys would like something out of it along with any of the free stuff available now just add me and I will send it along the next time I log in. (and if you could send me along the free items in return).

Also I noticed I lost my free tokens that were given out when they first released the gift machine. Does anyone know if they were a limited time thing?[/QUOTE]

I can help you out with the free items if you want, add me on PSN: Hellmutt.

[quote name='hellmutt']I can help you out with the free items if you want, add me on PSN: Hellmutt.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks hellmutt, I shall take you up on that offer. I sent you back a response to your PM.

WTF. I earned the first 3 ornaments from the Sodium One game, and the frogger statue from Konami Penthouse. Then exited Home and came back in again. Continued to earn the last 3 ornaments from Sodium One, checked my rewards and the first 3 ornaments and frogger statue were gone from my list. I went back to Konami Penthouse and it rewarded me the frogger statue all over again. I tried the first 3 levels of Sodium One again but the rewards didn't re-pop. Has this type of crap happened to you before?

[quote name='eau']WTF. I earned the first 3 ornaments from the Sodium One game, and the frogger statue from Konami Penthouse. Then exited Home and came back in again. Continued to earn the last 3 ornaments from Sodium One, checked my rewards and the first 3 ornaments and frogger statue were gone from my list. I went back to Konami Penthouse and it rewarded me the frogger statue all over again. I tried the first 3 levels of Sodium One again but the rewards didn't re-pop. Has this type of crap happened to you before?[/QUOTE]

Usually someone might say it's rare when that happens, but since the recent update on Home, it's been happening to people quite frequently. I've lost a ton of my Midway items before. Unfortunately, I myself do not have any solution to that problem since my items were gone one day, and then came back days later.

I would post the problem on the official Playstation forums and hope Locust or Glasswalls can somehow fix it.

Good luck!

Not sure how many people got a code for the redesign beta (the "Hub"), but I have found three items so far:

In Pier Park, if you play the RC Rally game you get a RC Rally Controller. In the Action District, if you play Bootleggers '29, you get a pair of brown "bootlegger" gloves. (these two you don't have to actually play, just load the game...) And on the Sportswalk if you play the sports trivia game you win a t-shirt. I am horrible at sports trivia so I received the "General Sports Tee."

Wish I recieved a code to the Hub. Saw a friend of mine there through the navigator. Unfortunately, you cannot follow your friends there. No worries here though, the new re-design will come soon enough.

Thanks for the info on some of the freebies there. I'm not quite a sports person either, but all is good to know beforehand. (^__^)

[quote name='DismalxHavoc']Wish I recieved a code to the Hub. Saw a friend of mine there through the navigator. Unfortunately, you cannot follow your friends there. No worries here though, the new re-design will come soon enough.

Thanks for the info on some of the freebies there. I'm not quite a sports person either, but all is good to know beforehand. (^__^)[/QUOTE]

I had been wondering why I couldn't find the hub... How did the code arrive, anyone know? I may have missed one in my email since I don't check it too closely...

and now that i went searching for the terms playstation beta in my inbox, I found a playstation rewards beta code for Pro level that I didn't ever know I got... and now it's expired :( So I missed out on the unicorn heads. GRRRR.

damn this whole time i knew i got a beta invite but didnt knw how to get into the beta lol but i just checked it out it looks pretty cool ill explore it more later.

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']Not sure how many people got a code for the redesign beta (the "Hub"), but I have found three items so far:

In Pier Park, if you play the RC Rally game you get a RC Rally Controller. In the Action District, if you play Bootleggers '29, you get a pair of brown "bootlegger" gloves. (these two you don't have to actually play, just load the game...) And on the Sportswalk if you play the sports trivia game you win a t-shirt. I am horrible at sports trivia so I received the "General Sports Tee."[/QUOTE]

I did a couple of the quests and received a shirt and military pants, then I got distracted by the new poker games in the Sportswalk bar.

I really like the new hub spaces and games, but I hope they bring back Saucer Pops from the CP as that was a fun game to play against friends, and it has some great rewards.

BTW: For those wanting to play the previous CP Game Integration events, Killzone 3 Home Defender and Dead Island Zombie Survivor, both are available to play from the Action District.

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']And on the Sportswalk if you play the sports trivia game you win a t-shirt. I am horrible at sports trivia so I received the "General Sports Tee."[/QUOTE]

I just won a "Tennis Wristband" for getting a score over 1,000. I'll try playing it again and see if there are other rewards.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']I just won a "Tennis Wristband" for getting a score over 1,000. I'll try playing it again and see if there are other rewards.[/QUOTE]

OK, so far I have received the following:

General Sports T-Shirt (play one round - 20 questions)
Tennis Wristband (score 1,000+ points in one round)
Football Helmet (answer 4 football questions correctly in one round)
Hockey Helmet (answer 2 hockey questions correctly in one round)
Sports Table Headband (complete 5 rounds)

I stopped after that.

When I checked out the Hub a couple of weeks ago I got a Bronze Cogs shirt by finishing the demo of Cogs. I haven't checked out the HUB since then, I should go back and see if I can get some of those items.

Edit:

Just read a comment from Locust_star on the PS blog home post. They moved the Coat reward to central plaza to hopefully make it easier for people to unlock it. So people still having trouble might be able to get the reward from there.

free stuff in the threads store under free (FEMALE) this time. But again like last week people are reporting that it still has prices on them..

[quote name='Jason_rb']free stuff in the threads store under free (FEMALE) this time. But again like last week people are reporting that it still has prices on them..[/QUOTE]

They're free now, 5 items for the guys and 5 items for the ladies.

[quote name='Jason_rb']free stuff in the threads store under free (FEMALE) this time. But again like last week people are reporting that it still has prices on them..[/QUOTE]
This time around it's available from your PDA. You don't have to go to the Mall to see the free tab in the store.

to avoid some confusion,
the female AND male free items are under the free tab in the female section of threads. I was confused.

If anyone wants the Subway Home code, PM. I have 2 codes to hand out. Just don't want a lurker to get it.

EDIT: codes are gone

2 question:

1) In the new halloween CP in the japanese home is there any reward?

2) the towel reward given in the ancient japan space from granzella it was removed?, because now it only wears in the public bathroom, and i don't see it in my rewards anymore.

[quote name='sehpirot']2 question:

1) In the new halloween CP in the japanese home is there any reward?

2) the towel reward given in the ancient japan space from granzella it was removed?, because now it only wears in the public bathroom, and i don't see it in my rewards anymore.[/QUOTE]

1) If it's like last year - and so far it looks the same, the rewards will be given out next week.

2) I remember reading something about why it was removed, but I don't recall the specifics.

BTW: While on the topic of JP Home, it looks like the VR Aquarium event/space is ending in just a few days (10/27). If you have not yet won all 30 of the fish trophy rewards and VR shirt and want to, I suggest you visit before time runs out.

If you have never been to the event space or won any of the rewards, I highly recommend it. The fish trophies are lifesize replicas of all 30 different fish that can be found in the aquarium. The Whale Shark alone is so large it wont even fit in some personal spaces!

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']1) If it's like last year - and so far it looks the same, the rewards will be given out next week.

2) I remember reading something about why it was removed, but I don't recall the specifics.

BTW: While on the topic of JP Home, it looks like the VR Aquarium event/space is ending in just a few days (10/27). If you have not yet won all 30 of the fish trophy rewards and VR shirt and want to, I suggest you visit before time runs out.

If you have never been to the event space or won any of the rewards, I highly recommend it. The fish trophies are lifesize replicas of all 30 different fish that can be found in the aquarium. The Whale Shark alone is so large it wont even fit in some personal spaces![/QUOTE]

Anyone got any tips on the gumball machine? I lost more than 600 points trying to get the ones I am missing. :( Once I got the same type of fish 3 times in a row, very annoyed.

By the way, is the black pumpkin head gear one of the reward from last year?

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']BTW: For those wanting to play the previous CP Game Integration events, Killzone 3 Home Defender and Dead Island Zombie Survivor, both are available to play from the Action District.[/QUOTE]

I have those TGI events saved to my favorites, lol. And since I'm not a part of the Home Private Beta, I'd say saving these was the smartest thing I've done in quite a while. (^__^)

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Anyone got any tips on the gumball machine? I lost more than 600 points trying to get the ones I am missing. :( Once I got the same type of fish 3 times in a row, very annoyed.
[/QUOTE]

Is there a strategy in getting a red gumball from a gumball machine, other than breaking the glass? ;)

I wish there was though, as I have been trying to get the whale shark and manta ray trophies for a very long time. The rewards are random. Sorry.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Is there a strategy in getting a red gumball from a gumball machine, other than breaking the glass? ;)

I wish there was though, as I have been trying to get the whale shark and manta ray trophies for a very long time. The rewards are random. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, darn, must have spent thousands of points and still need two more to complete all 30 of them.

By the way, does finish up the photo book/encyclopedia get you anything?

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Ugh, darn, must have spent thousands of points and still need two more to complete all 30 of them.
[/QUOTE]

Which two?

[quote name='thunder_gamer']By the way, does finish up the photo book/encyclopedia get you anything?[/QUOTE]

I thought there would be, but after doing some searching it appears you only get a boost in pride. Although it is still possible they will reward people for completing their photo book after the event ends, but I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Which two?
[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell, I am missing Pacific Manta and Pink Whipray. I checked against the list that Novakane posted a while ago.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']
I thought there would be, but after doing some searching it appears you only get a boost in pride. Although it is still possible they will reward people for completing their photo book after the event ends, but I wouldn't count on it.[/QUOTE]

I asked this because I checked yourplaystationhome.com and it shows T-shirts as reward and I do see someone with it, but I am not exactly sure the conditions to get them.

Well, after countless tries and spent probably thousands of points, finally got the Manta Ray trophy/reward. Am now happy.

As for the T-shirts, for both male and female, it will be rewarded after the collection of all 30 trophies, it will be awarded when reentering the space again, would not be giving out just after getting the 30th one. So on the last minutes of the last day, if winning the last one, reenter the space fast before it is gone.

Actually got the "how to get the T-shirts" from someone else that had got them and was in the space at the time, so props to that person.

I finally got the Whale Shark trophy! Still haven't gotten the Manta Ray. Less than 36 hours left....

BTW: For those trying to find the four rare fish, here are the time ranges (PST) they can show up:

05am - 11am (No. 15) Dolphinfish
11am - 05pm (No. 28) Cownose Ray
05pm - 08pm (No. 09) Barracuda
08pm - 11pm - NO RARE FISH -
11pm - 02am (No. 25) Blacktip Shark
02am - 05am (No. 09) Barracuda

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']I finally got the Whale Shark trophy! Still haven't gotten the Manta Ray. Less than 36 hours left....

BTW: For those trying to find the four rare fish, here are the time ranges (PST) they can show up:

05am - 11am (No. 15) Dolphinfish
11am - 05pm (No. 28) Cownose Ray
05pm - 08pm (No. 09) Barracuda
08pm - 11pm - NO RARE FISH -
11pm - 02am (No. 25) Blacktip Shark
02am - 05am (No. 09) Barracuda[/QUOTE]

Good luck! Keep trying and you will get it.

Funny thing is that I probably got the Whale Shark trophy three more times before getting the Manta Ray trophy, so for me, the Manta Ray is hardest to get.

And it probably not going to make much difference, but I got my Whale Shark trophy(ies) and Manta Ray trophy from the machine in the center one.

Good luck everyone, hope you guys get Whale Shark and Manta Ray in less tries.

Anyone have the Xi apartment? I just recently found out why there's no #3 item in the museum. And here I've been searching for awhile, trying to complete my collection, so I can get that achievement for nDream's Collect-o-Rama. Lol.

bread's done
Back