PS HOME Free Items / Clothes / Freebies Wiki

Got the fireworks set today from the glade set. Dragged we3jesters in with me to complete the transaction. It's hard to get 8 people together like that!

I didn't have a huge delay w/the barrel shoot part of the penguin sidekick quest. Got in and was like "wow omg uh uh" lol...couldn't do it. Kinda sucks cuz I did everything up to that. Guess I'm more of an rpg-er. Shooters aren't my thing. Wish there'd been an alternative. Anyone have any advice???

[quote name='GamerGurl1977']I didn't have a huge delay w/the barrel shoot part of the penguin sidekick quest. Got in and was like "wow omg uh uh" lol...couldn't do it. Kinda sucks cuz I did everything up to that. Guess I'm more of an rpg-er. Shooters aren't my thing. Wish there'd been an alternative. Anyone have any advice???[/QUOTE]

Yes, find someone with access to the Private Server (all the Glitchers familiar with the Uniquez site know what I'm talking about) then you can go with a friend and he/she can let you win because there won't be many people there
:applause:

Gamergurl. have you tried going into one of the empty rooms just to run around and grab barrels? I don't think it counts towards your in game score if you are the only one there but I think it does count for the quest. Good luck!

And thanks a ton Hellmutt for getting me those awesome fireworks! Now we just need to get 8 people at my silicon lounge, I think it has the same sort of deal ( 8 plus people unlocks something *i think*)

[quote name='we3jesters']Gamergurl. have you tried going into one of the empty rooms just to run around and grab barrels? I don't think it counts towards your in game score if you are the only one there but I think it does count for the quest. Good luck!

And thanks a ton Hellmutt for getting me those awesome fireworks! Now we just need to get 8 people at my silicon lounge, I think it has the same sort of deal ( 8 plus people unlocks something *i think*)[/QUOTE]

I'm in if we can find 6 others :)

[quote name='Ir0n']Yes, find someone with access to the Private Server (all the Glitchers familiar with the Uniquez site know what I'm talking about) then you can go with a friend and he/she can let you win because there won't be many people there
:applause:[/QUOTE]

If someone has access to a private server ... please let us know, I bet you'd have a lot of takers and we could all join together for the fun.

[quote name='Jason_rb']BF3 Avitar Item Code (I'm giving something back to the community!): BRMK-78NH-QFCH[/QUOTE]

awesome, thank you so much

Hmm, seems like it was a contest I was thinking of which is already over, so n/m on the silicon lounge thing unless anyone knows different. Sorry!

I had the weirdest thing happen in Bootleggers the other night when I was doing it. I couldn't see the enemy team and the couldn't see me. It was like this for about 4 matches till most of the other team left. Anyways it made it ridiculously easy to get the barrels lol.

Not to mention I got considerably better at shooting in it after I could kill people again. n_______n

[quote name='we3jesters']Gamergurl. have you tried going into one of the empty rooms just to run around and grab barrels? I don't think it counts towards your in game score if you are the only one there but I think it does count for the quest. Good luck!

And thanks a ton Hellmutt for getting me those awesome fireworks! Now we just need to get 8 people at my silicon lounge, I think it has the same sort of deal ( 8 plus people unlocks something *i think*)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='we3jesters']Hmm, seems like it was a contest I was thinking of which is already over, so n/m on the silicon lounge thing unless anyone knows different. Sorry![/QUOTE]
#PSHome
Ya, I am not aware of any unlocks in the Silicon Lounge.

The spaces I know for sure DO have unlocks are:
The new Midnight Glade (fireworks space) and the Ameturasu / Sunset Yacht, Waterfall Terrace has a mounted fish from the fishing game for your wall, the Pirate Ship has a skeleton Key unlock, and the Mansion has an unlock when you own all the parts, in that when you find the keys hidden in each part, it unlocks the gold plated vehicles for the garage (not sure what happens if you unlock it and already have furniture placed where they spawn).

There is also Darla's Den which has unlocks.. but.. thats a different animal completely.

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']Looking for 8 people to help me with the yacht unlock. Lemme know if you can help, thanks![/QUOTE]

I believe its 13 people needed for the yacht just so you know

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']Looking for 8 people to help me with the yacht unlock. Lemme know if you can help, thanks![/QUOTE]

Send me an invite and I'll try to be available.

[quote name='diarmadii']I believe its 13 people needed for the yacht just so you know[/QUOTE]
I think it's 12 - you plus the space max of 11 guests.

Ditto to that ... PM me on PSN to help with your Yacht count.:D

Awesome, thank you guys... I'll add you and try to figure out a time we can all get together! :)

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']Awesome, thank you guys... I'll add you and try to figure out a time we can all get together! :)[/QUOTE]

feel free to add me too
PSN: EDKEdwin

[quote name='Ir0n']Yes, find someone with access to the Private Server (all the Glitchers familiar with the Uniquez site know what I'm talking about) then you can go with a friend and he/she can let you win because there won't be many people there
:applause:[/QUOTE]

Can you be more specific?

There have been a few tricks to make a private lobby for a space, but the only one I know of that has not been patched requires a region free space (like the TGS space) where you then have a friend go to it, and you then join them - after that, any space you go to will be a private lobby. However, I didn't think there were any region free spaces available in Home right now.

I went to the site you mentioned and search for "private server" and it came back with no results.

So can you be more specific regarding the ability to make a private lobby for a space?

BTW: PlayStation Plus members will find a treat in their Home wardrobes in the way of a halo (headphones). Year long subscribers get a gold one, and 3-month subscribers get a silver one.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']BTW: PlayStation Plus members will find a treat in their Home wardrobes in the way of a halo (headphones). Year long subscribers get a gold one, and 3-month subscribers get a silver one.[/QUOTE]
I have the gold & clear one and i only have the one month free trial membership

[quote name='redrumblefish']I have the gold & clear one and i only have the one month free trial membership[/QUOTE]

Interesting. It thinks you are a year long subscriber - so enjoy the bonus.

Plus members also got shirts.

All of these items are listed under your rental items in your Home PDS personal menu.

Which means they will most likely go away if you stop being a Plus member.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Can you be more specific?

There have been a few tricks to make a private lobby for a space, but the only one I know of that has not been patched requires a region free space (like the TGS space) where you then have a friend go to it, and you then join them - after that, any space you go to will be a private lobby. However, I didn't think there were any region free spaces available in Home right now.

I went to the site you mentioned and search for "private server" and it came back with no results.

So can you be more specific regarding the ability to make a private lobby for a space?[/QUOTE]
Well, you hit the nail right on the head. What you have described is exactly what I was talking about, and I know for a surety that it is there as I saw a friend at, of all places, the Midway and when I arrived discovered they were there quite alone. After leaving, I was in public-space after public-pace of solitude until I again "went to" a different friend and was returned to civilization.

[quote name='Ir0n']Well, you hit the nail right on the head. What you have described is exactly what I was talking about, and I know for a surety that it is there as I saw a friend at, of all places, the Midway and when I arrived discovered they were there quite alone. After leaving, I was in public-space after public-pace of solitude until I again "went to" a different friend and was returned to civilization.[/QUOTE]

So what is the region free space then?

Feva Arena, E3, and TGS are all gone.

It's always possible that they got on a lobby that was being closed down (its rare, but does happen from time to time), and thus the only people that can join is by being invited or joining a friend... but you say that when you left you kept getting in empty lobbies, which implies that Midway (1 or 2?) was a global space (although that doesn't explain why the Midway space your friend was in was empty)... but I don't think either is.

Can you be even more specific. Maybe ask your friend, assuming he was able to make a private lobby.

Question: I saw a guy today in PSHome wearing what appeared to be the free tie-dye shirt from a few weeks ago with a bright neon blue PSHome Symbol on his chest. As he appeared to be in all "free-wear clothes", I am wondering where he either got the glowing home symbol, or the shirt item.

Does anyone know anything about this or how to procure it? Is this a new FREE item?

He was unresponsive to my message asking ingame.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']So what is the region free space then?

Feva Arena, E3, and TGS are all gone.

It's always possible that they got on a lobby that was being closed down (its rare, but does happen from time to time), and thus the only people that can join is by being invited or joining a friend... but you say that when you left you kept getting in empty lobbies, which implies that Midway (1 or 2?) was a global space (although that doesn't explain why the Midway space your friend was in was empty)... but I don't think either is.

Can you be even more specific. Maybe ask your friend, assuming he was able to make a private lobby.[/QUOTE]
I can ask, but this type of information is held pretty close to the chest. As I am sure you can imagine, as soon as it is publicly known, it both loses it's value and stands a good chance of being patched.

I would suggest you hit up some friends in merge outfits and see if any of them can get you there as apposed to trying to publicly discuss their methods, because i have no idea, in truth, as to how they get there.

I didn't indicate it was what "everyone" would be able to do, but it is an option for those with the right connections. I am sorry i can not be more helpful, if I knew your PSN ID I could however invite you next time I find myself "alone in the world".

[quote name='Ir0n']I can ask, but this type of information is held pretty close to the chest. As I am sure you can imagine, as soon as it is publicly known, it both loses it's value and stands a good chance of being patched.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Not only is the ability to make private lobbies a well known and discussed topic, even on Sony's own forums, but one can find numerous guides on how to do it (when it was possible). Not only that, but Home has been updated several times since the region free private lobby trick was discovered and so far it does not appear to have been patched... regardless, as well known as it is, not talking about it now doesn't really make any sense.

Like most glitches, Sony knows they exist. In fact, I'd guess they know some glitches that have yet to be discovered. They just patch the ones they feel cause issues. So far there doesn't appear to be a big rush to patch the region free private lobby trick.

The reason I asked in the first place is that you said "find someone with access to the Private Server (all the Glitchers familiar with the Uniquez site know what I'm talking about)" made it sound like you knew for certain they were making private lobbies, and knew how to do that.... yet I am a member of that site and very familiar with making private lobbies, and I have yet to find a recent discussion about it since no region free (global) space is currently available to use.

That's why I asked, as it sounded like you knew how to do it, and the information was shared on that site.

So it appears it was just a coincidence. If there is a new way, I'm sure it will be all over the Internet in no time.

[quote name='Ir0n']Question: I saw a guy today in PSHome wearing what appeared to be the free tie-dye shirt from a few weeks ago with a bright neon blue PSHome Symbol on his chest. As he appeared to be in all "free-wear clothes", I am wondering where he either got the glowing home symbol, or the shirt item.

Does anyone know anything about this or how to procure it? Is this a new FREE item?

He was unresponsive to my message asking ingame.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were given out two years ago for the 1st Anniversary of Home:

6987be165221f1fd30a95adfbeed0a19.png
10fcdbcd9b60e5e87de0fbfc2e377902.png

Here are last year's shirts:

ddcfa700c01048142718dab3aeb0860b.png
2e1dc626bc0316e927cc528967a3f5e4.png

21a5f34fea67a335a4ce08a08697568b.png
fa0adf043e1c74c1c03be5858b5dbe22.png

This year NA got the Home animated snow globe because all the whiners and complainers who ranted on the forums about not wanting another shirt. As expected, they all then whined and complained about not getting shirts... LMAO

EU and Asia got shirts:

ba3c2e0b8fa57c68a0ecf34ab23376c3.png
455feaf6a2ebfedaa2950f880c66fd12.png

But I don't think Japan got anything for the 3rd Anniversary.

[quote name='vic_x51']What a bunch of jerks. We don't get shirts now :angry:[/QUOTE]

there was a post on the playstation forums from one of the mods of PSHome stating that majority of people prefer items than t-shirts, hence the change

[quote name='georox']Shirts suck, I prefer cooler wearables or items.[/QUOTE]
Generally I will agree with that. Another T-Shirt I do not need... a cool glowing clothing item I would love (less so for yet another T-shirt). But, a snow globe?...unless it's not an active item, glows in the dark, and emits beams of laser light (you get the idea), it' just another "ornament" I will be moving to storage and never use.

For me, thats just as useless as a T-shirt.

[quote name='BeerBro']there was a post on the playstation forums from one of the mods of PSHome stating that majority of people prefer items than t-shirts, hence the change[/QUOTE]

The only thing that is certain is that no matter what, more and more people just seem to get off by whining and complaining - I think in their minds it makes them think their lives have more meaning when they can find fault in the decisions of others.

To me, complaining about something as insignificant as a free virtual item is pretty ridiculous, especially when it most likely will be forgotten in no time at all, and eventually meaningless when either that person no longer uses Home or Home has come to an end.

I think some people need a serious dose of reality, and use some of the time they waste on whining and complaining on more constructive behavior that might actually improved their lives and maybe even helps others and not just themselves... but some how I don't think they will.

Certainly not if I were to base that on the growing self centered attitude of entitlement and growing anger when they don't get what they want as seen on all forms of social commentary, especially online - were anonymity gives cowards way too much courage to say ridiculous things.

I won't say the snowglobe is a cool item, it's going with all of the shirts... gone. I've started avoiding free items since my storage is full of 100s of items I'd like to purge completely off my account now.

I still need to do that stupid ferris wheel quest...

Well, just finished that quest...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='georox']I've started avoiding free items since my storage is full of 100s of items I'd like to purge completely off my account now.
[/QUOTE]

That's another feature we wont likely see due to all the whiners and complainer, as you can be sure the moment they add the ability to delete items from our inventory there will be endless rants about "accidentally" deleting items and demanding them back.

Some people will never be happy no matter what, and they just need to be ignored, or else they are just going to ruin it for everyone else.

[quote name='we3jesters'] Now we just need to get 8 people at my silicon lounge, I think it has the same sort of deal ( 8 plus people unlocks something *i think*)[/QUOTE]

You can add me for help if you would like! :D

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Plus members also got shirts.

All of these items are listed under your rental items in your Home PDS personal menu.

Which means they will most likely go away if you stop being a Plus member.[/QUOTE]

BTW: Anyone having trouble finding them it may be because they are not added as "new" items. They are all post dated to the first day you became a Plus member. To check your date while in Home, do the following in the PDA menu:
Personal -> Purchases -> Rentals

If you have these items (and are a current Plus member) you will see them all listed here. Select any one and then select About. It will show you the purchased date. In my case it was 07/01/2010

Now go to your wardrobe. Select Torso or Accessories/Head, then Press R1 and sort by Newest or Oldest - which ever you think will make that item easier to reach, then start scrolling down periodically checking the purchase date of an item as you go down until you find the date as shown in your rental info.

If your wardrobe is full, and it's been a while, chances are the items will be in storage. Use the same technique to find them there as well.

Ty so much for the input Iron, We3jesters, and HellMutt. Sounds great! Would really appreciate the help. Please send me friend requests and we'll see what we can get going =) I have the Midnight Glade space would love to get 8 together for some free fireworks...woo hoo lol

Just a heads up on the Extra and FREE XP in Aurora Space. This from the nDreams Twitter Posts today:

nDreamers nDreams Ltd @WholeEnchelada The hoodie (jacket) should now work fine in the main Aurora space. But the Aurora apartment will take a while....
1 hour ago

nDreams_square_twitter_normal.png

nDreamers nDreams Ltd
@poisonpreed Oh no! We're going to do something very dramatic with them for 1.5 to stop any issues regarding visibility.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

nDreamers nDreams Ltd
There is a bug in the Aurora Apartment Defence game with items not affecting XP. We've submitted a fix; will let you know when it goes live.
1 hour ago

nDreamers nDreams Ltd
We currently have an issue with the Aurora items that give extra XP like the Hoodie. Should be fixed on Monday. Sorry!!
17 Dec

[quote name='GamerGurl1977']Iron do u know where to get this hoodie?[/QUOTE]
The Hoodie (hoody) is sold in the nDreams store.
nDreams/Aurora/Auroralite Hoody (Male/Female)

@we3jesters
Yes, it seems the other Aurora Personal Space Defender game purchasable enhancements are not functioning correctly either.

bread's done
Back