PS HOME Free Items / Clothes / Freebies Wiki

I don't know why there seems to be any confusion. I listed the rewards you can get, and the other spells that I listed are just visual effects while you are in the space... Expecting these to be free aura rewards is more than a little unrealistic. Heck, why stop there and let's all bitch about why they don't give us everything in Home for free.

Come on guys, there is plenty of reasonable things to complain about in the way Home is managed, but this is actually the best Halloween event they have ever had in Home, and is even better than the one they have been having in Japan... More rewards, games, and visuals...

Chill out, and enjoy it or just don't, but complaining because they are offering a game that gives your avatar special effects while you are in the space is pretty unreasonable

Don't get sucked into the hipster culture of complaining about everything, and try and enjoy things for a change.

However, if this is how the majority feel, then I see no point in sharing info on how to get rewards if no one seems to give a crap.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']I don't know why there seems to be any confusion. I listed the rewards you can get, and the other spells that I listed are just visual effects while you are in the space... Expecting these to be free aura rewards is more than a little unrealistic. Heck, why stop there and let's all bitch about why they don't give us everything in Home for free.

Come on guys, there is plenty of reasonable things to complain about in the way Home is managed, but this is actually the best Halloween event they have ever had in Home, and is even better than the one they have been having in Japan... More rewards, games, and visuals...

Chill out, and enjoy it or just don't, but complaining because they are offering a game that gives your avatar special effects while you are in the space is pretty unreasonable

Don't get sucked into the hipster culture of complaining about everything, and try and enjoy things for a change.

However, if this is how the majority feel, then I see no point in sharing info on how to get rewards if no one seems to give a crap.[/QUOTE]

My confusion stems from the fact that I haven't logged in there yet, and I'm not sure which rewards are rewards, and which are just 'effects'. I'm sure I'll figure it out pretty quickly once I get on later tonight.

I like collecting all the free items so it sounds like I need to do all the combinations anyways to collect the last reward.

Holidays should be a big thing with nice freebies..the aura should have been free to those... but whatever.... but dude we have out own opinions.. I feel they skimmped out this year compared to last halloween.

Swore we had a better Halloween before, one that gave us a full outfit. The nails are hardly noticeable, they're the only real rewards other than the tiki thing which.. doesn't appeal to me visually. Not my aesthetic.

UPDATE:

After testing this out with a new account, you do not need to do all 10 combinations to get the Easter Island Tiki Head Stool reward. You only need to make all five curses:

Swamp Gas Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Ectoplasm
Hot Head Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Pumpkin
Spirits Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Hemlock OR Hemlock + Eye of Newt + Ectoplasm
Fly Swarm Curse = Hemlock + Eye of Newt + Pumpkin
Bat Swarm Curse = Hemlock + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm OR Eye of Newt + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']UPDATE:

After testing this out with a new account, you do not need to do all 10 combinations to get the Easter Island Tiki Head Stool reward. You only need to make all five curses:

Spirits Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Hemlock OR Hemlock + Eye of Newt + Ectoplasm
Bat Swarm Curse = Hemlock + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm OR Eye of Newt + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm[/QUOTE]

That's helpful info, thanks. Nevermind about my other question, I misread what you wrote.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']UPDATE:

Bat Swarm Curse = Hemlock + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm OR Eye of Newt + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm[/QUOTE]
I did not receive the Tiki Stool until I completed the 5 curses AND the 3 hand rewards FYI (so 8 combinations mixed). I started with the 5 curses.

It also appears the the Hemlock is on a timer and appears at 11:00am central time in all regions. Not sure at what time it poofs, but by late evening it can no long be found.

[quote name='Ir0n']
It also appears the the Hemlock is on a timer and appears at 11:00am central time in all regions. Not sure at what time it poofs, but by late evening it can no long be found.[/QUOTE]

I had been wondering about the Hemlock. It's pretty rare for me to be able to get on in the morning so I guess I might miss out on those. Maybe I'll try for it over this weekend; if I can do it without the rest of the family bitching at me.

The halloween stuff is cool, but if you really want to be creeped out you should read the activity board.

So besides the Mug, the Tiki stool and Cat Claws (m/f), Devil Fingernails (m/f), Vampire Nails (m/f) anything else I should be looking for this fine weekend running up to Halloween?

[quote name='pandiosity']The halloween stuff is cool, but if you really want to be creeped out you should read the activity board.

So besides the Mug, the Tiki stool and Cat Claws (m/f), Devil Fingernails (m/f), Vampire Nails (m/f) anything else I should be looking for this fine weekend running up to Halloween?[/QUOTE]

Not that I am currently aware of in the Adventure Space. I do see 3 other ingredients on the bar mixing screen that may become available later on in the event?.. not sure yet.

[quote name='Ir0n']I did not receive the Tiki Stool until I completed the 5 curses AND the 3 hand rewards FYI (so 8 combinations mixed). I started with the 5 curses.

It also appears the the Hemlock is on a timer and appears at 11:00am central time in all regions. Not sure at what time it poofs, but by late evening it can no long be found.[/QUOTE]

I have found a way to get hemlock to appear at 12pm Noon ET - the old trick of changing the Time Zone on your XMB. Set the Time Zone on your XMB to after 12 pm Noon, but before 1pm whatever it is on the world (NOTE: use the clock in the upper right as a gauge to when the TZ is set correctly). DO NOT change the actual time on your clock.

I tested this theory yesterday when it was really 7:35am ET. I changed it to Brussels time (I think) - it was definitely after 12pm Noon. I logged back into Home and rezoned to the Adventure District - lo, and behold, hemlock a plenty. Was able to finish getting the current wave of Halloween curses and rewards until the next release.

Hope this helps! :D

[quote name='goddessbunny42']I have found a way to get hemlock to appear at 12pm Noon ET - the old trick of changing the Time Zone on your XMB. Set the Time Zone on your XMB to after 12 pm Noon, but before 1pm whatever it is on the world (NOTE: use the clock in the upper right as a gauge to when the TZ is set correctly). DO NOT change the actual time on your clock.

I tested this theory yesterday when it was really 7:35am ET. I changed it to Brussels time (I think) - it was definitely after 12pm Noon. I logged back into Home and rezoned to the Adventure District - lo, and behold, hemlock a plenty. Was able to finish getting the current wave of Halloween curses and rewards until the next release.

Hope this helps! :D[/QUOTE]

Definitely helps! I was having no luck at all with the logging off and logging back in method but changing the time zone worked. Thanks, you may have just saved Halloween!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ren_Echo']Definitely helps! I was having no luck at all with the logging off and logging back in method but changing the time zone worked. Thanks, you may have just saved Halloween![/QUOTE]

Glad to help there, Ren! :applause:

[quote name='goddessbunny42']I have found a way to get hemlock to appear at 12pm Noon ET - the old trick of changing the Time Zone on your XMB. Set the Time Zone on your XMB to after 12 pm Noon, but before 1pm whatever it is on the world (NOTE: use the clock in the upper right as a gauge to when the TZ is set correctly). DO NOT change the actual time on your clock.

Hope this helps! :D[/QUOTE]

Worked like a charm, thanks for the advice. Easily got the tiki chair.

I didn't see it mentioned here with the other Home Tycoon rewards:
Watch the complete credits (at the Mayor's office under 'Options') for a free Hellfire T-shirt.

Hey all,

I tried the XMB trick to get hemlock for Halloween thing at Adventure District. And it worked pretty well. But the problem I am having is that if the time zone is changed to non American ones, all I can get is skull instead of ectoplasm. Forgot to do it this weekend so pretty much can only rely on time zones from other countries. Anyone know how I can still get ectoplasm if doing XMB trick? Only missing Vampire Nails at the moment.

By the way, how long does this Halloween thing last? There seems to be couple ingredients that were not mentioned before like a blue/purple flower looking thing.

On the side note, because I ended up with skull, so I tried it with mixing the cocktail and got Sugar Skull Mask. So guess that is better than nothing.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Hey all,

I tried the XMB trick to get hemlock for Halloween thing at Adventure District. And it worked pretty well. But the problem I am having is that if the time zone is changed to non American ones, all I can get is skull instead of ectoplasm. Forgot to do it this weekend so pretty much can only rely on time zones from other countries. Anyone know how I can still get ectoplasm if doing XMB trick? Only missing Vampire Nails at the moment.

By the way, how long does this Halloween thing last? There seems to be couple ingredients that were not mentioned before like a blue/purple flower looking thing.

On the side note, because I ended up with skull, so I tried it with mixing the cocktail and got Sugar Skull Mask. So guess that is better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Was the Sugar Skull Mask an article of clothing? I don't see it listed as a reward for EU or NA, so maybe you uncovered something new. What was the combination that got you this? And was it under an NA account?

The skull mask is new. You get a skull ingredient by playing the limbo game. Ectoplasam is now gone. To get the skull mask mix any combo of skull and two other items to get it. The skull mask is under Accessories - glasses. It's pretty cool. glasses

[quote name='vic_x51']The skull mask is new. You get a skull ingredient by playing the limbo game. Ectoplasam is now gone. To get the skull mask mix any combo of skull and two other items to get it. The skull mask is under Accessories - glasses. It's pretty cool. glasses[/QUOTE]

Interesting, does this mean you can't earn the ectoplasm-based rewards any more? Glad I snagged them Saturday night...

[quote name='hellmutt']Interesting, does this mean you can't earn the ectoplasm-based rewards any more? Glad I snagged them Saturday night...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vic_x51']I'm not 100% if its time based or something, but from what I've played I never got the ectoplasam ever again Just skull[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not providing enough information it was late when I posted that. But yeah, it is like what vic_x51 said, once you get the skull, it seems any other 2 ingredients will work to create the mask.

What is weird is that originally I was able to get the ectoplasm, then did the XMB trick to get the hemlock and got the skull after doing the trick. I then changed it back to my original time zone and got ectoplasm again to finish some other spell/curse. Though after that I am unable to get ectoplasm.:roll: This all takes place around 9 to 10PM PST. I am unsure what changed though.

Tried it today and end up with skull either way. What is more is that Adventure District seems to be glitching out as I had to reenter the space couple times just to be able to get the limbo game to work or even pick up ingredients. Not sure if that is the case for others though.

I just wanted to mention that Mercia has been working pretty well for me lately. After being stalled out for several weeks, I am finally able to progress through the levels again.

The psboards are reporting a new ingredient and reward for the Halloween space:

gunpowder, wolfsbane, pumpkin=vampire teeth

myalana from the boards says this is where the wolfsbane is found:
"I found 2 spots. One between the devil dance and limbo game...close to the drop off by the water (next to a tree...sort of behind where the hemlock would spawn) and another through the water near the canoe thats on shore. "

Apparently this goes active on Halloween.

[quote name='hellmutt']Congrats all, here are the codes:
NA: 33RT-5ENP-7GCT

EU: RQF7-KENB-M9PK and
7NJH-BBNE-FB9R for the Bats[/QUOTE]

OK - not to sound like a wereblonde, but it should be noted that the code for Bats will only work for the EU. Repeat - it will only work for the EU. Last week's free item was for NA accounts.

Happy Halloween y'all! :D

Also, I have not seen an updated list of the combos with the skull and wolfsbane ingredients on this forum so I've posted them here (taken from http://community.us.playstation.com...cktails-Ingredients-amp-Effects/td-p/38612703 )

Here is a list of rewards/curses with the wolfsbane item:

wolfsbane+hemlock+gunpowder = werewolf tail (REWARD)

eye of newt + hemlock + wolfsbane= pumpkin king (CURSE)

hemlock + wolfsbane + pumpkin = haunted head (CURSE) (all the easter island statues look at you)

hemlock + wolsfbane + skull= same skull mask reward

Eye of newt + pumpkin + wolfsbane = all seeing eye (CURSE)

Gunpowder + Wolfsbane +Pumpkin= vampire teeth (REWARD)

Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Wolfsbane= orange ghost aura (CURSE)

-----------------------

Of course, the last ingredient, bats wing, will be released soon (per Glass Walls), I'm sure later today. Good Luck everyone. :D

[quote name='hellmutt']Congrats all, here are the codes:
NA: 33RT-5ENP-7GCT

EU: RQF7-KENB-M9PK and
7NJH-BBNE-FB9R for the Bats[/QUOTE]
Nice :) thanks hellmutt :D

[quote name='goddessbunny42']Also, I have not seen an updated list of the combos with the skull and wolfsbane ingredients on this forum so I've posted them here (taken from http://community.us.playstation.com...cktails-Ingredients-amp-Effects/td-p/38612703 )

Here is a list of rewards/curses with the wolfsbane item:

wolfsbane+hemlock+gunpowder = werewolf tail (REWARD)

eye of newt + hemlock + wolfsbane= pumpkin king (CURSE)

hemlock + wolfsbane + pumpkin = haunted head (CURSE) (all the easter island statues look at you)

hemlock + wolsfbane + skull= same skull mask reward

Eye of newt + pumpkin + wolfsbane = all seeing eye (CURSE)

Gunpowder + Wolfsbane +Pumpkin= vampire teeth (REWARD)

Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Wolfsbane= orange ghost aura (CURSE)

-----------------------

Of course, the last ingredient, bats wing, will be released soon (per Glass Walls), I'm sure later today. Good Luck everyone. :D[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know if there is an additional reward for getting all the additional curses?

[quote name='hellmutt']Do you happen to know if there is an additional reward for getting all the additional curses?[/QUOTE]

I've been making them as soon as I have discovered the recipe for them ... so far, no additional rewards for making the additional curses, although they are quite fun, esp. the heads watching you or the all knowing eye. *shivers* creepy! :lol:

Several new rewards from the recent update to the Avalon Keep personal space:

Owners:
  1. Ye Olde Dining Chair

Owners & Visitors:
  1. Worker's Table
  2. Ox Cart
  3. Lumber Wagon
  4. Creature Crate
  5. Hanging Cage

There are posts on the forums saying that Batwing is becoming available on the Dance Game, and that Ectoplasm is again on the Limbo game in the far Time Zones.

Rewards:
Bat swarm: Batwing + Any two other ingredients
Demon Horns: Ectoplasm + Wolfbane + gunpowder

[quote name='Ir0n']There are posts on the forums saying that Batwing is becoming available on the Dance Game, and that Ectoplasm is again on the Limbo game in the far Time Zones.

Rewards:
Demon Horns: Ectoplasm + Wolfbane + gunpowder[/QUOTE]

Also, not exactly sure how and I am still trying to confirm this, but if you are up to date with your curses, you will receive the Tiki Head Statue. The statue glows (super cool!!!).

EDIT: I was also reading other forums - you don't have to be up to date with your curses. I was reading one post that says if you complete the current curses, you can also get the Tiki Head Statue.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='goddessbunny42']Also, not exactly sure how and I am still trying to confirm this, but if you are up to date with your curses, you will receive the Tiki Head Statue. The statue glows (super cool!!!).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I rushed home, set my timezone all the way backward, and was able to get the hemlock and pumpkin I needed to catch up...

[quote name='Ir0n']There are posts on the forums saying that Batwing is becoming available on the Dance Game, and that Ectoplasm is again on the Limbo game in the far Time Zones.

Rewards:
Demon Horns: Ectoplasm + Wolfbane + gunpowder[/QUOTE]

I think the Tiki statue requires all curses and rewards. My Tiki statue didn't pop until I finished the devil horns. I finished all 9 curses before I finished the bat item or the horns and the Tiki statue didn't show up.

My Tiki Statue isn't popping up for me. I have confirmed, multiple times, that I have properly mixed all of the items to get all rewards and curses. I've confirmed all rewards especially, since I can see them all in my Inventory, and I've done all the curses: Eye, Pumpkin, Bats, Flies, Ghosts (green and orange), Gas, Nails (devil, cat, vampire), Tiki Curse, and Hothead and still nothing.

[quote name='Supreme Entity']My Tiki Statue isn't popping up for me. I have confirmed, multiple times, that I have properly mixed all of the items to get all rewards and curses. I've confirmed all rewards especially, since I can see them all in my Inventory, and I've done all the curses: Eye, Pumpkin, Bats, Flies, Ghosts (green and orange), Gas, Nails (devil, cat, vampire), Tiki Curse, and Hothead and still nothing.[/QUOTE]

Per my count there are 9 curses. I think you listed them all. However under rewards you have not listed the demon horns, the werewolf tail, or the vampire teeth rewards. (Please note the nails are not curses, those are rewards, and as far as I can tell the Bats was both a Curse and a reward.)

[quote name='hellmutt']Per my count there are 9 curses. I think you listed them all. However under rewards you have not listed the demon horns, the werewolf tail, or the vampire teeth rewards. (Please note the nails are not curses, those are rewards, and as far as I can tell the Bats was both a Curse and a reward.)[/QUOTE]

Well, it appears that after coming back to Home, though not necessarily the Halloween space, I find out that the Tiki Statue was in my Inventory, though the game did not give me any indication that I received it. In my original post, I did make the mistake of leaving out the Demon Horns, but I did have them, as well as the Werewolf Tail and Vampire Teeth. Just glad to see that it showed up. Thank you for your help and the list of rewards!

[quote name='Supreme Entity']Well, it appears that after coming back to Home, though not necessarily the Halloween space, I find out that the Tiki Statue was in my Inventory, though the game did not give me any indication that I received it. In my original post, I did make the mistake of leaving out the Demon Horns, but I did have them, as well as the Werewolf Tail and Vampire Teeth. Just glad to see that it showed up. Thank you for your help and the list of rewards![/QUOTE]

Great, I'm glad to hear you got everything. I assume the space will be ending soon, and they definitely made it difficult to get all the items by aging out certain ingredients and time-restricting others. At this late point I think it would be impossible to come into the space for the first time and earn everything.

[quote name='Supreme Entity']Well, it appears that after coming back to Home, though not necessarily the Halloween space, I find out that the Tiki Statue was in my Inventory, though the game did not give me any indication that I received it. In my original post, I did make the mistake of leaving out the Demon Horns, but I did have them, as well as the Werewolf Tail and Vampire Teeth. Just glad to see that it showed up. Thank you for your help and the list of rewards![/QUOTE]

[quote name='hellmutt']Per my count there are 9 curses. I think you listed them all. However under rewards you have not listed the demon horns, the werewolf tail, or the vampire teeth rewards. (Please note the nails are not curses, those are rewards, and as far as I can tell the Bats was both a Curse and a reward.)[/QUOTE]

Actually, this seems to be somewhat common re: the tiki chair, and well as the tiki head statue. My husband did not receive a reward notification for his tiki chair and I did not receive a reward notification for my tiki head statue. Because I knew what to expect, I logged out of Home and logged back in. The statue was found both in My Rewards and in my furniture. My husband did the same and was surprised (and pleased) to find the chair in his rewards and furniture as well. As like past events (anyone remember MIB or Community Theater 1 for example?), your rewards may be delayed until the next login into Home. Glad to hear that you received and found the rewards you earned! :)

Yeah, I was doing this Halloween quest for the first time yesterday. I wasn't able to find any pumpkins or hemlock because I'm guessing those ingredients are already expired.

At least I did get the bat swarm and the demon horns. It's too bad I can't get the werewolf tail.

[quote name='KramMan']Yeah, I was doing this Halloween quest for the first time yesterday. I wasn't able to find any pumpkins or hemlock because I'm guessing those ingredients are already expired.

At least I did get the bat swarm and the demon horns. It's too bad I can't get the werewolf tail.[/QUOTE]

Hemlock should still come around. It normally pops up around 11am to 3pm or so. You could get it to appear by choosing a different timezone (which also changes your current time) to one of these times.

First time member. Love this forum. Hi guys!

Anyway, I got the tiki chair without even going to the Halloween area. I have the devil horns, teeth, tail and devil nails. Only had like one curse. Logged into PSH and received a new item. It was a tiki chair. Not sure how I got it. No tiki statue though. Haven't had the time to do all the curses.

Thanks for all the advice you guys give. Really glad I found this place. Send me a message and we'll bowl or something. :)

Hey all,

For those that have Japan PSN account and do visit Japan PS Home, go to the Home Square for the Ghost Statue and Ghost Clone thing. I am not taking credit for this as I saw this mentioned on YourPSHome.net forum.

Also, anyone know how to do the Monster Fishing thing? I saw this mentioned as well but having hard time catching the chicken looking phoenix monster and rabbit looking monster. Anyone have any ideas about this? I want to get the limited Kappa Pumpkin head things.

KramMan, as hellmutt mentioned, adjust your timezone setting and you can get at least few more items and curses done and can end up with Tiki Stool. As for pumpkin and skull ingredients, no one knows when they will be back.

Grissum, you should try to get other items like the Bat Swarm Hand Item and Vampire Nails.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Several new rewards from the recent update to the Avalon Keep personal space:

Owners:
  1. Ye Olde Dining Chair

Owners & Visitors:
  1. Worker's Table
  2. Ox Cart
  3. Lumber Wagon
  4. Creature Crate
  5. Hanging Cage
[/QUOTE]

D - Where do the five guest rewards come from? The Gift Machine? Please clarify. Thanks! :)

bread's done
Back