PS+ June

JamesSoprano

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone time too see hat we are getting this month on PS+

Seems like IGC is no more. in 2012 we got like 12 games ( the start of IGC )  2013 hits we got 6 Games for IGC ( i believe that is PS3 titles if i recall correctly )   and now they are doing something different  ( good or bad depending the systems you own )   it is now  2/2/2   2 PS4  2 PS3 ( :( )  and 2 Vita titles a month now 

Starting with PS4

PS4 - Trine 2 Complete Edition

PS4 - Pixel Junk Shooter: Ultimate

PS3 - NBA 2K14

PS3 - Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time   ( Sly 4 )   ( apparently it's cross buy so Vita Members get this as well )

Vita - Terraria

Vita - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Edition

I don't own a PS4. and am still deciding if i want one later down the road. was thinking by 2015 at least if i do. now seeing were getting PS4's here in Canada for $449  that makes me not want one for even longer  ( maybe they will bring it back down to match price with Xbox One at E3 ? )   AND i don't own a Vita

so really only 2 games a month for me now.  so we still have alot of PS3 games but now it's even slower to get rid of some of these titles. free gmes are still free games but . now i have way less to look forward too,  good for those who own more then one system  but bad for people like me.

Over all. i'm only happy about Sly Cooper ( one of the titles i called right off hand ) and the other 2 i guess were Twisted Metal and PS All Stars Battle Royal    but we got another sports game ( carity is nice but i'm not really into sports )    Correct me if i am wrong,  didnt PS+ have Sly Thieves in time for PS Vita already ?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-2-titles-per-month-for-ps4-ps3-ps-vita/

Link posted above this for better look at the games.   so losing the IGC  is this good or bad for you ?  do you all like the new 2/2/2 Per month idea ?     would really like to hear peoples Thought's  on everything  ( people say Sony holds out each year at E3 for PS+ on IGC PS Blog posters are saying but i i don't think so )

Not terrible but I already have Trine 2 on pc and I wish the nba game was for ps4 or at least had an upgrade to ps4 available as it's hard to go back to ps3 for a game like that. But hey it's still 2k14 lol

I am excited to try Terraria

Also I hope they add more to the IGC otherwise this months selection will seem worse

It could be quite alot of games for you if you ever do decide to get a PS4 or Vita, because you could simply add the new free PS+ games each month to your account via the store's site, and it'd stay tied to your account as long as you're a PS+ member.

Sony clearly wants people to buy annual subscriptions now, rather than 30 or 90 day ones. You could argue that the quality of the games will dip, and I suspect they will, but at the same time it's not like they were ever going to offer brand new AAA games for free, and this really works out in the Vita's favour, because it's library of games isn't huge to begin with.

It could be quite alot of games for you if you ever do decide to get a PS4 or Vita, because you could simply add the new free PS+ games each month to your account via the store's site, and it'd stay tied to your account as long as you're a PS+ member.

Sony clearly wants people to buy annual subscriptions now, rather than 30 or 90 day ones. You could argue that the quality of the games will dip, and I suspect they will, but at the same time it's not like they were ever going to offer brand new AAA games for free, and this really works out in the Vita's favour, because it's library of games isn't huge to begin with.
yeah i get that. i was never one to ask for asinine stuff like ( OH HEY GIVE US GTA V FOR FREE !!! ) i always wanted to get games that's been out for sometime like, Monopoly Streets. or Red Faction Gorilla ( how ever it's spelled ) or at least a Disgaea game ( for PS3 ) or possibly a RPG game that's not Symphonia Chorinciles, maybe Graces F ? or perhaps one of the other JRPGS that's not Record OF Agarest War Series ( tho if we did get that i would be ok with that too )

there's still plenty of PS titles we could always get for free that's been around for sometime like SFxTEKKEN for PS3 or perhaps ( sare i say ) Duke Nukem Forever :p or Blaz-Blue ? there's still plenty of Sony IP never put up on PS+ like Killzone 3 i believe and or offer Sly or Jak Daxter Collection or Terraria for the PS3.

all i can say is. i hope they offer way more sales now if they are going to dip down in new games and getting rid of IGC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent line-up. It's disappointing the NBA 2K14 offer is PS3 only and there is no upgrade to the PS4 edition. As for 2 PS4 games a month, I wonder how they will do that. It's been indie games non-stop for a while now, if they keep offering indie games people will get annoyed. People are expecting Knack/Killzone, not Lone Survivor or Trine 2. It will be interesting to see how they deal with this.

This is kind of disappointing seeing as the PS3 has a lot of games I've always wanted but they just never appeared in the IGC. Sly 4 is a nice addition even though I bought it recently with a PS+ discount. 2 Vita games is how it's always been I think, so that's fine.

My PS3 backlog is already huge from the massive year they've given us recently: Dragon's Dogma, Tomb Raider, Bioshock 2 & Infinite, Batman: Arkham City, Remember Me, etc.

If they offer more great discounts (like they did recently with Red Dead Redemption being $5, and Soul Caliber 5 being $5 as well) then I can live with the IGC being a bit barren.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have Sly 4 (Got it when it was 75% off on a PS Plus sale already, great game! glad more people will get a chance to try it) and the PS4 version of NBA 2K14, but the PS4 entries are pretty appealing to me (and going up to 2 a month on PS4 going forward is a very nice bonus) and I'm sure I'll find a chance to check out the Vita titles, too.  That being said the switch from 3 to 2 games for PS3 is going to kinda suck for people who only have the PS3 (which, looking at Vita sales numbers and considering we're still kinda in "early adopter" phase for PS4, is probably a lot of people right now)

Hopefully there's a big sale on for the week of E3 as well.   

I'm excited to hear that they're increasing the number of PS4 games per month. I'd rather be getting PS4 games than PS3 at this point. Losing the IGC only affects new subscribers - we retain all the games we've claimed in the past as long as we remain subscribers (and why wouldn't we).

I expect by the time PS4's been out for a year we'll start seeing PS+ offering full retail games like Knack mixed in with the indie games. I'm enjoying the indie offerings anyway, though.

soo apparently according to this post someone made on a blog that was answered back. there may still be a IGC but only lasts 1 Month and not a year  ( apparently people hated that it lasted for so long they had no idea how long it would last,  IMO they should do it for less then a year but way more then a month, like keep IGC for 3 or 4 months then drop them. i personally didn't have a issue with the games being there for a year cause they were indeed normally big titles UC3 or inFAMOUS 2 or Just Cause 2 ETC... and it was good for those who can only afford buying PS+ when they have the Money so IGC was good for that sense )

here was the question and post

Question:  Just wondering if there will be a yearly switchout as well?

Answer:

As John mentioned, we’re focusing on providing Plus members with a more balanced set of games across all platforms (PS4, PS3, and PSVita). With this update we’re also giving games on a more regular schedule, which means that we will be giving all members 2 games per platform every month.

" Beginning in July the IGC will be updated on the first Tues of the month and games will be available for a full month. "   We hope this makes it easier for our members to anticipate when they will be receiving new games, and for how long those games will be available to download.

Having games in the IGC for shorter periods is better for us in the long run. PS+ is such a good service, they must be paying out the butt to keep games in there for longer than a month. Not to mention there are probably a lot of devs/publishers that flat out refused Sony's request for putting their game in the IGC because they don't want people to have cheap access to the game for such a long time.

So we might get better games with this new IGC plan. Sony's giving publishers less reason to turn down offers to include games in the IGC. This also might be them prepping for the launch of PlayStation Now, which is going to be rental based.

bread's done
Back